G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Keyed.....or why I can't have nice things.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37MA
Hey Joe,
You said your insurance covers vandalism with no deductible. I don't think my policy does this and I haven't heard of this before, are you sure this is correct information?
Yo Esca - Yes my Dad's GS was keyed before and we claimed it on our insurace. We have no fault insurance in Michigan where damage that is not your own fault is covered at no deductible and no increases in premiums as well. So this includes accidents whereby you received no tickets, hit and runs, hits in the parking lot while you were away from our vehicle and in effect vandalism also. To be honest I dont know if vandalism does not raise our premiums however as we may be seen as more risky clients to be insured in case there are "haters" after us!

Im not sure.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleParadoxx
My State Farm insurance has a $500 deductible on vandalism under comprehensive coverage. Boo.
Let's pretend I don't work for SF *COUGH*

Call and have your Comp ded changed to $0, wait 10 days and file a claim.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
gringstarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37RacerX
wow, I'm speechless...
word to that.. i won't give a damn..
Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
DoubleParadoxx

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe

I'm not stupid enough to risk insurance fraud for $500.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:28 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by DoubleParadoxx
I'm not stupid enough to risk insurance fraud for $500.
I agree. I wanted to lower my deductible because I didn't think the savings were worth it (absolutely no intention of any scam), & StateFarm said before they could do it, they needed to see my car to make sure it didn't recently suffer any damage.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
leeladisky

A few years back, my father's brand new (spankin', in fact) Mercedes (Silver, with the custom 12 step paint job) was keyed parked at the TOP of a parking structure, with 100's of open spaces on levels below him. He actually came out of the hotel and as he was walking towards the car, noticed a guy walking up - I kid you not - 4 flights of stairs. By the third floor, where there were no other cars (he could see into the structure) he started to realize something was wrong. Long story longer, by the time he got to the car (running and all) the guy had keyed the entire drivers side (EVERY PANEL) and, had my father not suprised him, would have likely continued to the entire vehicle. $8000 in damage - the car had to be completely stripped, and repainted. They tried to match the paint, however, the paint process and the custom nature of the job from the MB factory prevented painting just the 3 panels. The guy ran, btw, obviously. You would have thought, based on the level of effort required by the a$$hole who did it (remember, he climbed 4 flights of stairs - the car was the ONLY car parked above level 2), that the car was covered in Fur and he was a fanatical member of PETA.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
gno

Originally Posted by xref
that sucks man!

if someone keys my car while it's in a parking garage, i swear to god, i'll key ALL the other cars in the garage.
LMAO..i probly would too out of anger
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
AdamJ

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe

Wow, amazing, a State Farm employee suggesting insurance fraud. I have a friend that got fired from Geico because of something similar he posted on an open forum.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
ronin1099

My boss had his new Merc ML fully loaded Keyed, its black color and the scratches are so visible. Feel really sorry for him.

$0 deductible for vandalism, insurance must cost so much, well in L.A. it would increase by at least 60% I think.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
DoubleParadoxx

Sigh.

I had my car painted last week from the key down my side (and several other places). So guess what happens this weekend? Some asshat slammed their door into my driver side and now theres a 1/2'' dent with paint damage.

Can't a guy get a break?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
jdmalltheway

i feel your pain and anger as I've had that done to me in the past before. A lot of people out there just won't respect other ppl's property. Just watch out with where you park. Ilike to park very far away - heck, it's good for your health just walking a little more anyway. Hope everything works out for ya!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Greggski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn - I just picked up my G on Saturday. Sunday night, somebody backed into the back bumper and put a big dent and scratch in the bumper. $677 for a new bumper and paint. I still got the freakin temp plate on and it's already going to the shop. Let's just hope we are getting the bad luck out of the way early??
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Me and my G37 feel the pain and anger! <1 minute of silence>
Old 03-19-2008, 06:06 AM
HP_John

Today I was parking at my bro's condo when these 3 "punks" in a broken beater parked near me. They kept staring at me (normally I'd take it as flattery to the car), I was 100% they were going to key it if they came back before me. I moved it to my bro's parking spot & parked his car in visitors (older car not worth much).

I don't normally judge people by the way they dress or their car but these 3 just spelled trouble. Everything about the situation told me for sure I was getting keyed. Glad I moved the car.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Volant007

I live in a great neighborhood and all but after reading this post, I'm not too sure if I should hound the dealership about finding my G37