Sponsored By:

Thread Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Sirhc7897

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thread Gone?

I'm confused...

I know I posted up a question about the top speed limiter in here and now it's gone?

I'm only curious because it wasn't racing or anything of that nature but what I considered a legitimate question in regards to literature saying the limiter was 155 but my car appearing to be limited around 142...

What did I miss?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
No, you posted a thread about how fast you were going etc.. Which could be considered racing (even by yourself) so just didn't want it to get going the wrong way. The Rev Limiter should be around 147, either way theres no need to go that fast keep it under 120 for reals!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
No, you posted a thread about how fast you were going etc.. Which could be considered racing (even by yourself) so just didn't want it to get going the wrong way. The Rev Limiter should be around 147, either way theres no need to go that fast keep it under 120 for reals!
or do not go near 120 and no one can get hurt. keep it at 80 no need to go faster if you are not on the tracks.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:03 PM
DetroitG37Joe

in all honesty many of us dont have access to tracks easily and conveniently and its all about making smart and mature decisions...given a well lit day - proper tire pressure and tread wear, slim to no traffic, dry and relatively straight highway roads, great visibility and very alert driving I dont see a problem with taking her up to 100-125 just for say 30 seconds to a minute...it feels good in the G and its all about being smart - theres a big difference between what i just described and the idiot thats weaving through moderate traffic bumper to bumper at 100 MPH. that is plain stupid.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
in all honesty many of us dont have access to tracks easily and conveniently and its all about making smart and mature decisions...given a well lit day - proper tire pressure and tread wear, slim to no traffic, dry and relatively straight highway roads, great visibility and very alert driving I dont see a problem with taking her up to 100-125 just for say 30 seconds to a minute...it feels good in the G and its all about being smart - theres a big difference between what i just described and the idiot thats weaving through moderate traffic bumper to bumper at 100 MPH. that is plain stupid.
no, it be smart and mature to not go above 80-90 mph. anything above that is uncallfor in public streets.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
go4gr8

There are some interstates in the northeast where you can go faster, with little to no traffic - just be careful. 147 is plenty fast for an Infiniti, maybe not a Porsche.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
The no access to local tracks is no excuse whatsoever IMO.

In any case, posting threads about how fast you've gone in your G is not permitted here as it's considered unsafe driving.......which the forum doesn't condone of course.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
O NO

Least to mention Sirhc7897, you definitely posted in the wrong section. It would of been gone out of the General forum anyways.

The General forum is not a dumping ground for posts. Many posts in the General forum have been moved with no redirects. If you and other people are looking where your threads have gone I would suggest looking up your posts/threads in your profile to find them . I move like 20 threads a week and I know another staffer moves alot of threads also. You don't get so see them moved without the redirects which I don't do and I kill the redirects from the other staffers.

I love it when people post up a tech question in the general area. If one is looking for a proper answer throw it in the Tech area. That is where the tech people hang, not in the chit chat of the General forum. Not unless you are looking for a chit chat answer.