Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A Small Hold Back.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
nwryuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Small Hold Back.....

Ok, well I really want to get a new G37. And ... eventually I will, soon, one way or another. But the problem at hand right now is that I bought one of the new 08 Altima Coupe's back at the very end of July. So, Now I'm trying to get rid of it, but I haven't had any "really serious" buyers, just lookers. It's a very nice looking car, but I want a G, and always have wanted one.

The other problem that I've run into with my Altima Coupe is that ... I've bought new chrome rims/tires a billet grille, and a dash kit for it (because I had planned on keeping it for a long time to come) The rims will fit and work for the G37, but I'd like to get rid of them with the Altima because I like the stock rims on the G just fine.

But, when I go to trade it in, the dealer won't give and extra $$ for the add ons, and if I sell it privately, it's hard to add the extra money onto the car without the price being too high, for what people can go and buy a new one.

I need some help and some advice from some of you car guru's out there!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 PM
vINCe_Inc

omg. you settled for the cheap prostitute across the street ?
LOL.
.just kidding.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 AM
dzine07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
part it and sell the grill/rims on an altima forum. your better doing this now than later because the car is still somewhat new. no matter what you do with the car your always gonna loose money trading it in. try selling it privately through autotrader or maybe ebay.

expect to loose some money. its sad but true. you can LESS by parting with the mods. christmas may be a good time to sell.

also, when you sell it, mention you have rims for sale as well that would look great on the vehicle.

goodluck! your G awaits!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:44 AM
AlterZgo

Yeah. What's wrong w/ parting it and selling the non-OEM parts?

I'm also curious as to why you bought an 08 Altima when you "always wanted" a G?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 AM
SoCalOBG37

Originally Posted by vINCe_Inc
omg. you settled for the cheap prostitute across the street ?
LOL.
.just kidding.
LOL!!!!!

Dude your screwed....if u really want the G...then take the loss on the Altima and get the G.

Otherwise stick with your Altima

How old are you btw?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:21 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Yeah. What's wrong w/ parting it and selling the non-OEM parts?

I'm also curious as to why you bought an 08 Altima when you "always wanted" a G?
Um the same reason most people do, its $15k cheaper and looks almost ident to the G. At least he had the right idea and didn't buy a Scion.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

^^Looks almost identical? Hardly.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 AM
COUPE-DADDY

Your really going to lose your shirt on that deal. I can't imagine the G offers a significant enough difference in driving experience to warrant the thousands you'll be losing. My advice? Keep the altima for a couple years, and work on paying down the loan. Hopefully you have accrued some equity in you Altima to use on your G. You may even find that there are more cool features on the G by then
Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

^^I agree, if the OP as the 3.5, not the 2.5.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 AM
COUPE-DADDY

Originally Posted by Callaway
^^I agree, if the OP as the 3.5, not the 2.5.
uh people actually buy the 2.5?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

I've seen numerous Altima Coupes around here and they have all been 2.5's.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:26 AM
dzine07

if you buys an altima 3.5 with all the options...........your in G37 backcountry.. you might as well put 3k more down and walk across the street to the infiniti dealer for a 37...

at any rate. the answer really depends on how much you owe and what you credit is like etc. your gonna be paying alomost 2oobux more a month even if you did get a fair trade for the nissan. ionno....goodluck.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
nestle_!9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 335orG37
Your really going to lose your shirt on that deal. I can't imagine the G offers a significant enough difference in driving experience to warrant the thousands you'll be losing. My advice? Keep the altima for a couple years, and work on paying down the loan. Hopefully you have accrued some equity in you Altima to use on your G. You may even find that there are more cool features on the G by then
couple of years???!! --- thats the hard part ----waiting to get your hands on the G that you really like
Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM
brooklynite

i'm kind of in the same situation but i have an 07 g35 6mt with premium. bought it in dec 06.been contemplating if the loss in trade in is worth the g37.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
nwryuber

yeah .... its a hard decision. if i can sell it then i will definately get the G. but then there are also so many other things to think about .... such as gas prices and more importantly, how long gasoline powered cars are actually going to continue to be produced before they are obsolete, unless you're willing to pay 10$ a gallon for gas and get 20 mpg. i get 28/35 in my altima

and i got it when i was 17, i've just recently turned 18. it was an 18th birthday present ...

Quick Reply: A Small Hold Back.....