Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s

Mechanical:

(1) Rear Axle Ticking/Pinging - Addressed
(2) Exhaust rattling loudly - Addressed
(3) Front sport bumper cover misaligned and paint chipped. - Addressed

Not yet addressed:

(4) Sunroof popping on uneven surfaces
(5) Parking brake groan when let off the main brake. ( this didn't happen until the axle work )
(6) Front right ( and left? ) strut groan and pop on rebound and braking. ( This started with a sharp semi-emergency deceleration, but not stop, and is getting worse at an alarming rate, just happened today. ).

Other lower priority issues not yet addressed:
(1) Rear view mirror crackling noise on bump
(2) Resonant rattle near windshield defroster on driver side near sun sensor.
(3) Glove box rattles on bumps. It is empty.
(4) deep scratches on driver side door paint parallel with earth. Maybe Fixable.
(5) Deep cut on back of steering wheel surface, at the 9-10 o'clock position at the spoke.
(6) Deep scratch exactly parallel to door seam on driver rear quarter panel.
(7) Deep scratch on driver side front wheel spoke.
(8) Pretty much the entire dash area pops/moves when I hit a sharp but shallow bump, like interstate seams.
(9) The passenger seat vibrates side to side at a resonant frequency when I hit sharp but shallow bumps with just one side of the car (front and rear wheels) resulting in rattle.

(10) Ipod cable too short.

I am going from "ok, it's a first year car", to WTF. Seriously. I am paying 7 bills a month for this? I am trying to love my new car, but it is becoming an embarrassment. This car has been to the shop more times in it's < 3000 miles than my last three cars combined. Just WOW. I am starting to think about selling it, but I am going to see if these issues can be addressed. Some are nitpicky, some are NOT. I don't want my damn seatbelt letting go in a crash.

Just wow.

Last edited by RedHerring; 12-06-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow! You have that many problems, how many miles do you have and when did you get your car?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Tarkus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yikes- that's discouraging. Maybe I will wait for the '09...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarkus
yikes- that's discouraging. Maybe I will wait for the '09...
Dont worry he is like 1 out of maybe 30 People that has that many problems, you are on a Forum so take it with a Grain of salt, not sayin hes lying but you shouldnt let peoples problems discourage you, I thought the same thing, but its a Japanese Car man, MADE IN JAPAN, Not Partially made in Japan, 95%! Not no Hondas that are domestic made nowadays
Old 12-06-2007, 11:28 PM
bocatrip

Time has a way of showing most issues. I haven't seen any problems as extensive as these, so it might very well be one particular unfortunate example. It is very very early to judge any new car after only a few months after it's introduction.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:30 PM
vINCe_Inc

maybe it was another one assembled by yoji yakamuri or something. (*read the seat belt post)
Old 12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
YUP! THAT MOTHERFCKR!!! YASHURI YAKAMURA!!!!!! I WILL FIND HIM AND BEAT HIM DOWN WITH CHOPSTICKS!!!!!

aaahhhh....deep breath....

at any rate, i know how you feel man. such a new car and yet it sleeps at the dealer... i havent seen my car for a week now because of the seatbelt incident and it sux. corp is gonna have to spot me a week or two or rent on that G. its not fair.

Good news is that i didnt find anything wrong with the car (knock on wood) other than the seatbelt wich was just a freaak accident. do you think you can apply for a lemon? if you have this many issues then perhaps your eligible so long as you document all the issues.

sucks to hear that. keep us posted on the fixes and keep yelling at corporate about what you told us.

goodluck
Old 12-07-2007, 12:57 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
man thats sux

can you explain #4 about the sunroof popping? does it like make a popping sound?

i have the ping and the crackling sound from the rearview mirror...not sure if it's from that tho
Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 AM
rrrevin

It seriously sounds like your was in an accident before and or was driven HARD before you got it. Did you buy new? There should be a place to look up VIN numbers and get a car history; I think it might list accidents etc..

Your's is definitely the exception.

Last edited by rrrevin; 12-07-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedHerring
(10) Ipod cable too short.
Really? Everyone else complains it is too long and takes up too much space in the glove box. How long do you want it to be? Where do you want it to stretch to?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:06 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmkozak
Really? Everyone else complains it is too long and takes up too much space in the glove box. How long do you want it to be? Where do you want it to stretch to?
Agreed. It's a bitch putting both the cup holder and the ipod in there. I would never use that cupholder anyway. Imagine if you spilled a drink in there all over your ipod and cable...

I haven't had any big problems like you. If any bigger issues surface, maybe you can qualify it as a lemon? Sounds like you're having the most problems out of everyone. Good luck getting that resolved. Keep us posted!

One mechanical thing I noticed once was when I was in 5th gear at ~1000-1200rpm and it sounded like something was rattling outside (I could barely hear it). I don't notice it in the other gears, but then again, I haven't really paid a lot of attention to it.

The other thing involves the radio control on the steering wheel. I posted a thread about this.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/175829-annoying-audio-control-problem.html

Last edited by chasemyaccord; 12-07-2007 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:11 AM
RedHerring

It had 5 miles on it when I picked it up.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
RedHerring

I can't get into the infiniti dealership until next thursday, they are that busy.

After sleeping on it, I've decided I am just going to press on and make sure everything gets fixed to my satisfaction, even if I have to do it myself. After all, I still love and drive my wife and she has creaks and groans (especially when cold), and cost a hell of a lot more to maintain.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by RedHerring
After sleeping on it, I've decided I am just going to press on and make sure everything gets fixed to my satisfaction, even if I have to do it myself. After all, I still love and drive my wife and she has creaks and groans (especially when cold), and cost a hell of a lot more to maintain.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:02 AM
IP37

Originally Posted by dmkozak
x2, i just leave mine in the center console. my center console is nothing but an ipod carrier now though.. with the ipod cable and video cables in there. i don't see any reason to need to be able to look at it while driving?

Quick Reply: Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s