Sponsored By:

Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigchiefmunkey
Yeah, man. My old G35 was the same way. It's a 6cyl, but the thing holds rpms like a fourbanger. I hated that then, and I hate that now. There is like a 400rpm gap between 5th and 6th, which is silly. I'd love it if 6th were taller. When I'm cruising (in 6th) and not accelerating, I would want the thing idling at 2k or something. Save me some damn gas.

My Old G35 Sedan was similar too, but I have had both Autos, seems like you have had Manual
Old 12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
bocatrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all know that 1st year runs can and will be more troublesome than the following years. This example might be extreme but the car is too new to know it's reliability. I'm sure (and hope) there won't be the amount of issues that plagued the 03 Coupes.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
EightOneZero

this is to be expected for first year models
Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 PM
gspotter

The G37 is made at the same factory as the new GT-R (Tochigi factory). They probably put all the best workers on the GT-R and now the newcomers and less capable workers are working on the G37 line.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Jee III VII

Center console problem

Has anyone experienced this..

I started my G as usual. The radio came on as I had left it on when I last turned the engine off. The heater came on for the same reason.

The nav screen showed bright in an unusual pseudo info-mode. I had turned it to low illumination and it was in radio-info mode before I shut down. The control lights on the console came on normally.

The plot thickens... None of the controls on the center console would respond. The environment control could not be turned off, the radio could not be turned off, none of the nav buttons worked, nothing would respond to the steering wheel switches, etc.

I drove for about 5 minutes in this condition and then pulled over and turned off the engine. After about two minutes I restarted.

The conditions had not changed and the center console remained inoperative, so I said WTF and started home. In about 45 seconds the nav display dimmed to where it was before the first start and had the initial display that asks for the safety confirmation. The rest of the controls returned to normal. I could operate the radio, env.cont., etc.

Am I the only one with this experience?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jee III VII
Has anyone experienced this..

I started my G as usual. The radio came on as I had left it on when I last turned the engine off. The heater came on for the same reason.

The nav screen showed bright in an unusual pseudo info-mode. I had turned it to low illumination and it was in radio-info mode before I shut down. The control lights on the console came on normally.

The plot thickens... None of the controls on the center console would respond. The environment control could not be turned off, the radio could not be turned off, none of the nav buttons worked, nothing would respond to the steering wheel switches, etc.

I drove for about 5 minutes in this condition and then pulled over and turned off the engine. After about two minutes I restarted.

The conditions had not changed and the center console remained inoperative, so I said WTF and started home. In about 45 seconds the nav display dimmed to where it was before the first start and had the initial display that asks for the safety confirmation. The rest of the controls returned to normal. I could operate the radio, env.cont., etc.

Am I the only one with this experience?
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/175499-navigation-went-haywire.html

Yes I had a similar thing happen to me. Funky bug, but at least it fixed itself. The dealer told me the only way they'd look into it is if I could replicate what happened again at the dealership.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:55 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Well it s a good idea to turn the radio off before you shut the car off, not that I think it s because of that. And it s such bull**** that they tell you that you have to replicate something in front of them as if your lying and have nothing better to do, before they check it out.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
3des

I'm not worried. This is no different from any other car produced, from Kia to Bentley, there will be a few with defects. All in all, Infiniti makes an excellent high-quality product. 1st gen or no... Sucks you got one with probs tho!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on my fourth exhaust now.

I have yet to get the sunroof fixed. I am sure that it's not the sunroof itself, but the plastic piece that is under the sunroof that bolts to the body. I can press on it, and I get the same pop, then it won't do it for a while.

I can take a pic and post it later.

I like my car still, though I probably won't buy another infiniti.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by RedHerring
I'm on my fourth exhaust now.

I have yet to get the sunroof fixed. I am sure that it's not the sunroof itself, but the plastic piece that is under the sunroof that bolts to the body. I can press on it, and I get the same pop, then it won't do it for a while.

I can take a pic and post it later.

I like my car still, though I probably won't buy another infiniti.

Dude, take a pic and post it!

I've had nothing but bad experiences with 1st year gen cars. It's happened twice to me so I decided to wait it out for the '09 Gcoupe. Patience sucks but the past two cars killed me and pissed me off so much!!!! I feel for you bro! I've been there and it's a very frustrating, want to shoot myself experience!!!

Last edited by Achilles; 05-15-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM
chasemyaccord

Yeah the parking groan noise bothers me. I hope they can fix it when I go in for my next oil change. The GPS also froze on me twice, but at least that fixed itself. Other than that, i haven't experienced any problems with the car so far.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:41 PM
bnguyen85

How many people have the problem with the sport bumper? I just noticed it on mine. what did they do for it anyways? I thought it was just a fluke but if it is a big issue then I might take mine in soon.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:14 PM
bocatrip

I can't believe these problems with the G37. I thought the 03 G35 had all the issues and by now they would have ironed most of them out on the new and improved G37.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
nogoodname
Banned

wow, thats one scratched up G and one flimsy G combined
Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Only the exhaust issue with mine and that is not really an issue just an annoyance (no spell check). I am very happy with this car so far. I think I am going to open a thread for a good list of things about the G37. Seems like people only open complaint threads. I guess it is just our nature though. It is easier to complain about something then to give something praise. I mean people will take the time and energy to get online to complain about something but not to give praise to it. Human Nature or maybe just American Nature, or even North America Nature (Canandaaaaaa). haha

Quick Reply: Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s