G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to see the front of my iPhone, and it would be nice if the cable was longer.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:42 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It'd be nice if they made a small U-shaped hole somewhere under the arm console door where the ipod cable could seep out.

Haha either that or I'm an idiot and can't figure out where it is.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RedHerring
Sunroof popping on uneven surfaces
i have this as well..it pops/creaks on the first bump then it doesn't do it the whole day....like my wife's 05 Scion TC (which was fixed during the warranty).

i don't mind it but i'm sure to get it fixed some time.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No complaints with my G37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Car is puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of course you know you just jinxed yourself.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RedHerring man I feel sorry for all those problems you've had it the worst...Just imagine if your seatbelt popped off? Man...I feel like what if my G is a time bomb ticking...I drive her soft most of the time so I feel like maybe im just delaying the inevitable "glitches and quirks".....Man Ill pray for the recovery and "restoration" of ur G's glory bro.
Good Luck!

Joe
Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
bigchiefmunkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
It'd be nice if they made a small U-shaped hole somewhere under the arm console door where the ipod cable could seep out.

Haha either that or I'm an idiot and can't figure out where it is.
Heh. You know they have this, right? *(:=

There are two little "ridges" on the door-part of the armrest and a little channel on the base to match.

It's not terribly obvious, as it's right under your elbow. It's all the way as close as you can get to yourself in the driver's seat.

You can run the cable right out of there. I close the lid on the cupholders and the iPhone sits right there a little cocked clockwise because of the cable. But this is good, as it is lined up with my head sorta - like at 2oclock.

Hope that helps..
Old 12-07-2007, 04:35 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Agreed. It's a bitch putting both the cup holder and the ipod in there. I would never use that cupholder anyway. Imagine if you spilled a drink in there all over your ipod and cable...

I haven't had any big problems like you. If any bigger issues surface, maybe you can qualify it as a lemon? Sounds like you're having the most problems out of everyone. Good luck getting that resolved. Keep us posted!

One mechanical thing I noticed once was when I was in 5th gear at ~1000-1200rpm and it sounded like something was rattling outside (I could barely hear it). I don't notice it in the other gears, but then again, I haven't really paid a lot of attention to it.

The other thing involves the radio control on the steering wheel. I posted a thread about this.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/175829-annoying-audio-control-problem.html

Theres a Cup Holder in the Glove Compartment wow!?

Also does everyones car Cruise at 3000 RPMS, thats kind of high, I was wondering if thats normal, whenever I am on Cruise or Idling at around 70 MPH I stay at 3K RPMS
Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
bigchiefmunkey

Originally Posted by Raheel
Also does everyones car Cruise at 3000 RPMS, thats kind of high, I was wondering if thats normal, whenever I am on Cruise or Idling at around 70 MPH I stay at 3K RPMS
Yeah, man. My old G35 was the same way. It's a 6cyl, but the thing holds rpms like a fourbanger. I hated that then, and I hate that now. There is like a 400rpm gap between 5th and 6th, which is silly. I'd love it if 6th were taller. When I'm cruising (in 6th) and not accelerating, I would want the thing idling at 2k or something. Save me some damn gas.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedHerring
Of course you know you just jinxed yourself.
nah i don't believe in that.
Now that you wished that on me, karma will bite you back.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
gan78mao

I agree wit redherring!
brand new car i had rattling sounds here and there. went to the dealership twice for the chirping sound coming from the axles. exhaust rattles like no other.
kinda alot of lil problems for a 3k mile car in 3 months.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 PM
wheelsun

despite all these horrible things im hearing, im still going to metro infiniti tomorrow to hopefully make a purchase. sucks to hear about your problems though, i say use the LEMON law if it qualifies..crossing my fingers on my car
Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelsun
despite all these horrible things im hearing, im still going to metro infiniti tomorrow to hopefully make a purchase. sucks to hear about your problems though, i say use the LEMON law if it qualifies..crossing my fingers on my car
It seems like most of the issues are with the first run cars. I was suppose to get a first run car but the dealer screwed up so I didn't get mine until November. Looks like this was a good thing since I don't have any of the issues people are complaining about on this forum. The one thing I did notice though is some cabin noise. I normally have the music on so I don't hear it but I turned it off to listen for noise and I hear pops and creaking (probably spelled that wrong) coming from different parts of the car especially when the car is going over small rivets in the road.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:36 PM
sanscu

1 out of 30 with that many seems way too high! Statistically. Personally, I think he got a bad G37 from somewhere (dealer? Mfg?) and seems to be trying to get those issues fixed one by one.

Good luck.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
greggv

My car is one of the very early ones (with the full-featured voice recognition system ) and I haven't had any issues yet at all, at 9000 miles now. My last car (G35, 2005) never had a problem.

Quick Reply: Lets see, this makes the sixth issue with my G37s