G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 should have came with auto-start

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
swatpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raheel PM me, I have been looking into this and think I have a very good setup.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raheel
I dont know why they dont include it in New cars..?

I know some Domestic Cars come with the option to add it, if they can put so much technology and push button ignition whats Auto-Start to them..?
very good point ???? Man I would love to turn her on from my room....i could just keep a garage opener in my room too so i can open he garage and the fumes dont fill up...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Raheel
You cant install some generic stuff into a G and even if you can, it takes some labour, I am trying to find out myself How to get it installed?
I guess you're right; I think the tricky part would be to override the intelligent key as you shouldn't be able to remotely start it unless there's a key somewhere (hidden) in your car, in which case it would completely defeat the alarm and immobilizer.

Yesterday, I just had about 10 inches of snow accumulation with 0°F temperature and I didn't find a need to remotely start my car. Maybe you guys are just spoiled or intrigued by the novelty?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by psyh
I guess you're right; I think the tricky part would be to override the intelligent key as you shouldn't be able to remotely start it unless there's a key somewhere (hidden) in your car, in which case it would completely defeat the alarm and immobilizer.

Yesterday, I just had about 10 inches of snow accumulation with 0°F temperature and I didn't find a need to remotely start my car. Maybe you guys are just spoiled or intrigued by the novelty?
Not novelty at all, when its icy out and cold, I have to go out to where my car is parked, I live in a apartment so I am probably not spoiled lol you are cuz u probably have a house.

Anyways I have to walk thru ice twice, first time starting the car up, and than second time coming back when it heats up.

With remote start I can start it, and the heater will be on AUTO and automatically warm up the car, and I can go into the car when its all toasty and warmed up.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:06 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Someone could just hop into your car and take off, right? Unless your doors were locked...? I'm not an expert in remote starts as you can tell.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:10 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Well the thing is, if your intelligent key is in fact somewhere hidden in your car, it doesn't matter if your doors are locked because they can just push the button on the door handle to unlock it... because the intelligent key is within range.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Kuz

Isn't it "illegal" to have autostart with manual transmission?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 AM
707coupe

No its not illegal just need to have a switch that tells the car its in neutral to engage the autostart. i ask my install guys who do all my rides and they did both my denali and my civic with the viper 740 and they said its around 500 with all the things needed like the door unlock module and the extra key that is needed inside the car i was just skeptical because this is the first car i have that has the intelligent key where no key is never needed so i held off but i love having this on all my other cars its more convience to have, if u look on the forum some dealership was installing from there service dept maybe woth a look but i think they take one part of the key apart and use that
Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
raptorius

isnt what you are asking for basically a remote start? If that is it then i believe there is a thread already started on this forum where the dealerships actually did it for the people (as far as i remember, im gonna go look for it now.)
Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 AM
raptorius

Ok, here is the first thread with the dealer install

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=remote

Here is the second thread i found about remote start

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=remote

I think the first one is a bit more helpful.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Thanks for the findings, raptorius.

It would've been nice if a few of the posters here who participated in the other threads to just include them here for reference so we don't have to "re-discuss" needlessly and spam the forum with another thread.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would've been nice if a few of the posters here who participated in the other threads to just include them here for reference so we don't have to "re-discuss" needlessly and spam the forum with another thread.
Before it was hijacked by people who don't know how to search, this thread was about how easy it would be for Infiniti to include remote start. Really no big deal though. Seems like all forums have lots of things repeated. Especially when they have no FAQ's.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

It's not always about how easy it is. It's very easy for them to include a plethora of features, but what they decide to actually include are dependent on many things such as market acceptance, production costs, maintenance cost (e.g. "a performance car should include brakes like BREMBO", "omg BREMBOs cost too much to replace wtfz why did they use them"), market demand (just cuz a few of us are complaining about it in here, it does not at all reflect what the general public at large is demanding), priority of these demands, etc. etc.

Another way of looking at this is if they were to include every little "conveniences" that we think are good and are presumably "easy" and "cheap", the list would easily go on and on and before you know it there would be hundreds upon hundreds of features on the car and the price won't be as competitive anymore. I think all G owners who does their homework know what great value this car is in terms of luxury and performance.

Take it or leave it.

Last edited by PSYH; 12-19-2007 at 02:05 AM. Reason: bleh, correcting bad engRish.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:55 AM
DetroitG37Joe

It's not always about how easy it is. It's very easy for them to include a plethora of features, but what they decide to actually include are dependent on many things such as market acceptance, production costs, maintenance cost (e.g. "a performance car should include brakes like BREMBO", "omg BREMBOs cost too much to replace wtfz why did they use them"), market demand (just cuz a few of us are complaining about it in here, it does not at all reflect what the general public at large is demanding), priority of these demands, etc. etc.

Another way of looking at this is if they were to include every little "conveniences" that we think are good and are presumably "easy" and "cheap" to include, the list would easily go on and on and before you know it there are hundreds upon hundreds of features on the car and the price of the car won't be as competitive anymore. I think all G owners who does their homework know what great value this car is in terms of luxury, performance, and value.

Take it or leave it.
good points....but for a car that u can talk to, link ur phone to, turning headlights, intelligent cruise, etc etc. remote start is a pretty common and at similar level of luxury. however it is a typical aftermarket feature i dont think many crs come out the dealer with remote start
Old 12-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another way of looking at this is if they were to include every little "conveniences" that we think are good and are presumably "easy" and "cheap", the list would easily go on and on and before you know it there would be hundreds upon hundreds of features on the car and the price won't be as competitive anymore. I think all G owners who does their homework know what great value this car is in terms of luxury and performance.

Take it or leave it.
My thoughts exactly, good post.

Quick Reply: G37 should have came with auto-start