G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got into a car accident, car might be totalled.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Got into a car accident, car might be totalled.

Hey guys,

I wanted to inform everyone that I got into a car accident on Ritchie Rd & Truck Way early this morning in MD. It all happened so fast, that I am still in shock. I ended up going to PG Hospital for treatment and received a lot of pain medicine. The other party (which was at fault) ended up having to go to the hospital by ambulance too.

The story, basically I was coming down Ritchie Rd (for you MDers) which is a two lane road both ways. A phucking idiot driver in a truck pulled out into the left lane of the two lane road and a dodge neon (who I hit) came out of right side intersection. I was sandwiched in-between the truck and neon and ended hitting T-boning the Neon. Good thing, because if I hit the truck, I probably would not have been here to talk about it. The truck who caused the accident fled the scene and the neon and I were not lucky. Good thing that the trucker's company was right across the street. Witnesses saw the truck & neon and ended up defending me.

Anyway, my car front end was torn off, my engine is dead + intakes smashed, fluids everywhere, frame damage and ALL airbags deployed including the passengers side. I can honestly say that infiniti did a good job with safety features, the only thing that happened to me is a busted lip and a lot of back pain right now.

Hopefully, my insurance adjuster will total the car. At the condition the car is in, I would hate to have it back in it's current shape. I can tell you though, I created a crowd of spectators. Everyone was shocked to see that a G37 was in a car accident. There were some people who never even knew that there was a G37 that was on the scene.

My friend was laughing because he said I gave off bad karma, I kept talking about how I hate my car payments and that I wish I got a 335i coupe like him. He was saying that if they total the car, I should get a 335i coupe now. I will wait to see what insurance says first.

I hope I do not have the first totalled G37S.

Last edited by leeI35G35; 12-04-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
xzil3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lee, that G37 saved you. Don't you turn your back on it now! But seriously, glad you are well. This is what's most important.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are ok.

Good luck with the insurance though, in my experience you never come out ahead (or even for that matter)
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 PM
leeI35G35

Thanks guys, my car is leased so I am not worried about owing anythinig. That is what GAP insurance is for and it is automatically rolled into the lease. I just hope my back pain is not too serious. It's hard typing this now.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, glad to hear you made it through in one piece. Good luck with your recovery and insurance claim. Keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
well...looks like you can go get a 335i like you always wanted. lol.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
iko

Wow! Hope you don't have any serious health problems from the accident. Keep a watchful eye on things and don't hesitate for a second to seek medical treatment even if you feel the slightest thing. Thankfully, you are alive. It sounded like a pretty bad wreck.

Definitely keep us informed how it goes with any settlements. If it's completely totaled your auto insurance will pay off the lease. Gap insurance will pay the remaining balance. But most likely will not cover any down payments on a lease. That may be a loss.

Stay in good health!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xzil3d
Lee, that G37 saved you. Don't you turn your back on it now! But seriously, glad you are well. This is what's most important.
The G cars are rated in the top 3 for safety (at least the G sedan which is mostly the same as the G Coupe)!!! Same frame.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats sucks to hear that...hope you are ok. good luck with the 335i.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:01 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xzil3d

Those were some Touching Words, the Car Saved you life, Return the Favour and Buy another one to let the dream live on, lol Or Get a SKYLINE GTR!!!

But Anyways good to see your ok man, Hopefully you have no longterm problems
Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
leeI35G35

Thanks again guys. I have a lawyer + doctor involved already. I move quick on things like this. My mother is also high up on PG Hospital's board. I have a lot of things in my favor along with raping the other party's PIP insurance. Department of Transportation just happened to be there doing a site survey about dangerous intersections and I just happend to be the lucky guy that had one while they were there. I am also going after the driver + company of the white limo truck that started the whole thing since we found out that the company's base was across the street. Witnesses saw the driver of the truck, I just have to point him out. I should have a hefty down payment on whatever car I get next not a big deal for me. The problem is to figure out what car I want next and IF insurance will completely total the car.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
While I sympathize for your loss I can't help but want to see some pictures... Mostly wondering how this thing held up. Mind putting a few up?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Comatose

Youch.. sorry to hear about the mishap! Glad everyone appears ok tho..

You know the funny thing? My previous car was totalled in a bit of a similar fashion.. 2 lanes each direction. A van pulls out into the left lane, and clips a neon already in the left lane.. im travelling in the left lane and i swerve around the van, but only to end up rear ending that neon which had decided to stop. Crushed my front end (odd thing was that the airbags didn't deploy..).. and in the end there were 6 cars involved in the accident and everyone was pointing fingers at the van.
In terms of liability howver, things didn't turn out the way most had expected -- I was held 100% liable for rear-ending that neon, despite it being a result of dodging that van that had impeded my lane. If i had just hit the brakes instead and smash up that van as bad as it would've been, only then would that van have been held liable for the damage to my car..
Anyways, its a messed up system, and hopefully things work out better for you!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
leeI35G35

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
While I sympathize for your loss I can't help but want to see some pictures... Mostly wondering how this thing held up. Mind putting a few up?
I only had my disposable camera (good to keep in the glovebox) with me + phone pics. I am waiting for my brother-in-law to get the film developed for me. Once he does that, I will post pics.

I think the car held up pretty well. It felt like I was surrounded/protected by a mattress, airbags everywhere. Had to be the most comfortable accident experienced that I been in LOL.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
leeI35G35

Originally Posted by Comatose
Youch.. sorry to hear about the mishap! Glad everyone appears ok tho..

You know the funny thing? My previous car was totalled in a bit of a similar fashion.. 2 lanes each direction. A van pulls out into the left lane, and clips a neon already in the left lane.. im travelling in the left lane and i swerve around the van, but only to end up rear ending that neon which had decided to stop. Crushed my front end (odd thing was that the airbags didn't deploy..).. and in the end there were 6 cars involved in the accident and everyone was pointing fingers at the van.
In terms of liability howver, things didn't turn out the way most had expected -- I was held 100% liable for rear-ending that neon, despite it being a result of dodging that van that had impeded my lane. If i had just hit the brakes instead and smash up that van as bad as it would've been, only then would that van have been held liable for the damage to my car..
Anyways, its a messed up system, and hopefully things work out better for you!
My experience is just a little different. The neon that I hit was trying to cross the two lane intersection and did not notice me at all. Both he and the van were completely at fault that is why I T-Boned his car at the front of his driver's door. People are in such a hurry these days to go nowhere. Both of them should have just waited.

Quick Reply: Got into a car accident, car might be totalled.