G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Sales Doing Well

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
volnedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 teh slab. But the reason i got such a great deal is they needed to make sales quota for November. I drove down to Ft. Wayne, Indiana from Detroit to get it, and he said they sold only four G37s total since they came out.

In case no one knows, Ft. Wayne is a small town in the middle of farmland of Indiana where luxury cars don't sell too well. Even all 3 dealers in metro detroit area have plenty of cars on the lots that aren't moving. Sales will be slow through Feb, then pick back up in March for the spring.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:57 AM
IronChefCJP

I don't think its a g37 thing, I think its just in general with any dealership. If you go to Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti, you will see they are doing the APR deal.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:18 AM
raptorius

Originally Posted by teh slab
I've never seen a single G37 in Las Vegas and I see more up-market cars here than I did in LA. I really get the feeling that they're not selling well, which is good for me. I get to pay invoice (had to buy out of state) and have an uncommon ride!

Also, I've read that Dec is a very slow month for dealerships, despite the potential Xmas gift factor. Carbuyingtips.com/ corroborates this.
In response to the Vegas G37 sightings, I was there this past August on a trip and saw a black one on 18 inch rims (probably either the Journey sans Sport Package or the Base model) and an IP G37S, in the 5 days I was there. (Trade Show convention)
Old 12-04-2007, 02:45 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's only been 3 months...but yeah, I did expect to see at least a couple on the road...I have yet to see one...not that I have any problem with that
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Keng

Well remember the real estate market is sinking just about everyday, people are watching their wallet like a hawk since they can't just take out home equity like they used to.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:10 AM
BoyleHeights

I have been to Cerritos Infiniti a couple times and have only seen 1 or 2 people checking out the G37. 3-4 people checking out the G35 coupe. The day I test drove the car the sales guy told me they had not sold a car that day.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 AM
sardento

could be b/c the downturn in the economy and lessw people are making major purchases...such as a high end car like the G
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Winter, rear wheel drive and the economy all add up to current sales, period. If the economy lingers, sales will reflect that. Florida, California and the southern states aren't in the hotbed of the economy right now, so even tho you may expect sales to continue well in those warmer regions, it's not.

Year over year sales figures are typical for the industry to report even if there is a model change so you can believe whatever scenario you want with regards to the 07 coupe sales vs 08. No doubt, the outgoing model reflects low sales vs the new model and these figures are never adjusted for that.

All auto manufacturers have deals going now, not just Infiniti and the new G coupe. I think after the Holiday shopping period is over we will see just how strong the US economy is and more importantly how much faith the consumer has that things are ok.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Sweet, pretty good sales figures. I am not really surprised that the G37 is doing well. It will keep rocking it out and get even better as the winter comes and goes!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
just in the long island region there are 82 new G37's on the road for last month alone (not including G35 coupes)
Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i hope i never see another G37 on the road... i wanna be the ONLY one in my neck of the woods with one! lol am i wrong for thinking this way???

who cares if they are or arent selling. people are just waiting for mark-ups to lower and g35 sedan leases to expire. trust me. you dont wanna see the 37 on the road like you do a 335 for example. lets keep the G37 a secret LOL maintain its exclusivity!!!! LOL WHO'S WITH MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

i know...

beathorse

Last edited by dzine07; 12-04-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added the dead horse =)
Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
i hope i never see another G37 on the road... i wanna be the ONLY one in my neck of the woods with one! lol am i wrong for thinking this way???

who cares if they are or arent selling. people are just waiting for mark-ups to lower and g35 sedan leases to expire. trust me. you dont wanna see the 37 on the road like you do a 335 for example. lets keep the G37 a secret LOL maintain its exclusivity!!!! LOL WHO'S WITH MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

i know...

beathorse
+1...so many bimmers,audis, and benzs where i live. i get looks and asked all the time about my G37S. sometimes it kind of a bother but it's nice getting the attention too...lol.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
gspotter

Originally Posted by volnedan
+1 teh slab. But the reason i got such a great deal is they needed to make sales quota for November. I drove down to Ft. Wayne, Indiana from Detroit to get it, and he said they sold only four G37s total since they came out.

In case no one knows, Ft. Wayne is a small town in the middle of farmland of Indiana where luxury cars don't sell too well. Even all 3 dealers in metro detroit area have plenty of cars on the lots that aren't moving. Sales will be slow through Feb, then pick back up in March for the spring.

Fort Wayne is a small town? It's only the second largest city in Indiana and has a metro area population around 300,000. I'm originally from the Fort Wayne area.