G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MY G IS FALLING APART!!!! Seatbelt came apart while driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been turning wrenches all my life too. It is not a technical hurdle, but it is grounds for a recall, and a liability for infiniti if it turns out to be systemic. I care enough about all the people that stand to get hurt if this critical component fails, to report it and let the manufacturer get a good look at it.

It's the right thing to do.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedHerring
I have been turning wrenches all my life too. It is not a technical hurdle, but it is grounds for a recall, and a liability for infiniti if it turns out to be systemic. I care enough about all the people that stand to get hurt if this critical component fails, to report it and let the manufacturer get a good look at it.

It's the right thing to do.
i agree with what your saying. And i said earlier in the post that since things were getting care of let them do it. but my point was it is not something that cant be done your self
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to think im mechanically inclined. i've installed the turbos on my IS300 and installed my own gear on previous cars (except the airbag and seatbelts).

theres a fine line when tampering with things like that -much less when its such a new car. If im paying 43K for a new G37 and **** starts poppin out of place -you best believe infiniti of North America is going to pamper my G and send me christmas cards till the day i DIE.

I wanted to keep people on this forum aware of my issue in case its not isolated. by addressing my own "bolt issue" i would have been stuck with a bruised up interior quarter panel and the same parts that broke in the first place. this route im getting new parts, new panel and a detail at no charge.

I appreciate your comments UNV but next time, dont assume people are mechanically inclined. God forbid someone takes your advice and does a hack job on tightning a bolt -then someone could potentially get hurt.

also, UNV -i lived in west palm beach for some time. do you have a G?

thanks guys
Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
dzine07

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
i agree with what your saying. And i said earlier in the post that since things were getting care of let them do it. but my point was it is not something that cant be done your self
typo?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Tarkus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious what Infiniti reports back. Did the bolt actually break or just come undone? I picture a guy in the assembly hand starting the bolt and then some other union guy having to torque it down. Speaking of which, they should be checking all the seatbelt anchor bolts on this car. Bizarre.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Union guy?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by dzine07
I'd like to think im mechanically inclined. i've installed the turbos on my IS300 and installed my own gear on previous cars (except the airbag and seatbelts).

theres a fine line when tampering with things like that -much less when its such a new car. If im paying 43K for a new G37 and **** starts poppin out of place -you best believe infiniti of North America is going to pamper my G and send me christmas cards till the day i DIE.

I wanted to keep people on this forum aware of my issue in case its not isolated. by addressing my own "bolt issue" i would have been stuck with a bruised up interior quarter panel and the same parts that broke in the first place. this route im getting new parts, new panel and a detail at no charge.

I appreciate your comments UNV but next time, dont assume people are mechanically inclined. God forbid someone takes your advice and does a hack job on tightning a bolt -then someone could potentially get hurt.

also, UNV -i lived in west palm beach for some time. do you have a G?

thanks guys
Yes i have a g. again I was only making a point because people were talking about driving the car with the belt just not attached. My simple point was the bolt can be reattached very easily.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by dzine07
typo?
no typo. read i said this is not something that cant be done yourself. If i said this is something that can't be done yourself that would be a typo...
Old 12-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Jee III VII

Cant.
n.
1. Angular deviation from a vertical or horizontal plane or surface; an inclination or slope.
2. A slanted or oblique surface.
a. A thrust or motion that tilts something.
b. The tilt caused by such a thrust or motion.
4. An outer corner, as of a building.
v. cant·ed, cant·ing, cants
v.tr.
1. To set at an oblique angle; tilt.
2. To give a slanting edge to; bevel.
3. To change the direction of suddenly.
v.intr.
1. To lean to one side; slant.
2. To take an oblique direction or course; swing around, as a ship.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Jee III VII

Can't.
Contraction of cannot.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
dzine07

yup. i knew it. ......a typo.

we're just giving you a hard time dude... we're done.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YOU may be done... (first "live one" we have had in a while).
Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
dzine07

UPDATE!!!

So i spoke with infiniti and they just told me that the issue came from the factory. apparently Yukari Yakamura didnt tighten the screws properly and so forth...

thats what they said on the report.

secondly, they are having a hard time locating a replacement a quarter panel for my car. sux. they dont know when they will be able to get one since infiniti says they are behind in production parts.

they said they could possibly give me the car back and at a later date address the issue. perhaps have a nissan dealer fix it. this sux completely.

anyone have any advice or ideas? should i just take it as is if by this week they cant get it fixed???
Old 12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
porcupine

Parts issue is real. I had an accident and have been waiting for parts for 6 weeks and still we do not have the parts. I was told that many parts do not even have a part number designated to them yet. The body shop had to take pictures and Nissan canada got the japanese part number using the pictures and ordered the parts from japan.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
EdianaG37

OMG, that is crazy, keep us posted on what happens...

Quick Reply: MY G IS FALLING APART!!!! Seatbelt came apart while driving!!!