G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MY G IS FALLING APART!!!! Seatbelt came apart while driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UNV it's not about tech saviness Im sure hes capable of bolting nuts - it's just that a component designed to save your life (eg airbags, seat belts, etc.) should not be tampered with. they are not in the realm of "mods" or "casual fixes" for liability purposes and safety purposes they should be fixed and stamped by INFI under warranty or it could come back to bit U in the @ss...why bother if it's free? that way if anything goes wrong with the repair it's their @ss and not his....
Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
khoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
UPDATE:

just spoke with infiniti corp. and they said....and i quote... "WTF?" soo...
what phone number did you use for infiniti corp?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
UNV it's not about tech saviness Im sure hes capable of bolting nuts - it's just that a component designed to save your life (eg airbags, seat belts, etc.) should not be tampered with. they are not in the realm of "mods" or "casual fixes" for liability purposes and safety purposes they should be fixed and stamped by INFI under warranty or it could come back to bit U in the @ss...why bother if it's free? that way if anything goes wrong with the repair it's their @ss and not his....
Do you think the infiniti tech is going to use some magic tool blessed by little elves or something? They will do nothing different then anyone else would. Sorry but by attaching that blot back yourself nothing is going to happen unless your an 80 year old women who cant turn a bolt.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just ignore this UNV dude, he's a weirdo. I would take it back to your original dealership and then to another one to have it checked. sucks you live in the snow and far from many dealerships.

Take it to a mechanic dont die b/c of some forum guy
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by solopresident
just ignore this UNV dude, he's a weirdo. I would take it back to your original dealership and then to another one to have it checked. sucks you live in the snow and far from many dealerships.

Take it to a mechanic dont die b/c of some forum guy
Thats it he will die because I know how to tighen a bolt. wow that makes sense...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
its not about doing it yourself vs them. its about peice of mind and taking advantage of the warranty. i'm not going out of my way unless i have to.

UNV -maybe you should work at infiniti? you sound tech savy.

Also, I have another car i can use while i get the G fixed and detailed for free.
Thats the smart thing to do. In the mean time i'll just wait for the report back from the dealer.

Did i tell you guys infiniti picked my G up today in a flatbed and is overnighting parts from cali to get it fixed? also, im getting a new quarter panel and a detail. nice huh? hope it all works out. with 13 inches of snow and summer tires -its not like i could drive it anyways...

thanks for keeping this post alive guys!

i'll keep you posted and put up some new pics when i get her back!

i wonder if i ask corp for some goodies they would actually do it -lol
Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 AM
ghideon
Premier Member

It's kind of like at work when I need something power related done (adding more circuits for additional machines). Yeah, I could prolly do it, but I don't want to mess it up. So I'll pay someone to do it.

I consider it to be similar to skydiving; they'll let you pack your own main when you're certified, but packing your reserve is done by someone else, every 90 days IIRC.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^^Bingo.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:42 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Thats it he will die because I know how to tighen a bolt. wow that makes sense...
Are you for real? Why the hell would you do this yourself? Take it back and get it fixed for free + "stuff". Like was said before yes it is a bolt (spelled right this time) a bolt that saves your life. Why risk the liability? Man you got some out there ideas. Let me guess you install your own air bags too.

Last edited by shumby; 12-04-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another good reason to take it to the dealer is that infiniti needs to document this issue. It could save someone else's life.

Why did it come apart? Is it a one off or a design flaw? etc.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedHerring
Another good reason to take it to the dealer is that infiniti needs to document this issue. It could save someone else's life.

Why did it come apart? Is it a one off or a design flaw? etc.
Originally Posted by shumby
Are you for real? Why the hell would you do this yourself? Take it back and get it fixed for free + "stuff". Like was said before yes it is a bolt (spelled right this time) a bolt that saves your life. Why risk the liability? Man you got some out there ideas. Let me guess you install your own air bags too.

All very valid points.

Infiniti just called and they are looking at it now. i'll keep you guys posted.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:49 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by shumby
are you serious? I have been working on cars my whole life. I have removed and installed many seat belts and harnesses and when done correct there are no issues. never had any problems before. Your logic of thinking with this is just flawed i'm sorry. Its a single bolt. All they are going to do is take a socket, maybe add some loctite and tighten the bolt down. what is so special about that? nothing. Using your logic no one should ever remove their wheels because you might not tighten the lugs correctly and your wheels are going to fly off while driving and you will die. Come on seriously. Just because some of you may be mechanically inclined doesnt mean everyone is.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
gspotter

I'm concerned that the GT-R is taking the best workers at the Tochigi factory in Japan where the G37 is made, and the other models which are made there, such as the G's and 350Z's and M's, are getting the less experienced workers putting the cars together.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
its not about doing it yourself vs them. its about peice of mind and taking advantage of the warranty. i'm not going out of my way unless i have to.

UNV -maybe you should work at infiniti? you sound tech savy.

Also, I have another car i can use while i get the G fixed and detailed for free.
Thats the smart thing to do. In the mean time i'll just wait for the report back from the dealer.

Did i tell you guys infiniti picked my G up today in a flatbed and is overnighting parts from cali to get it fixed? also, im getting a new quarter panel and a detail. nice huh? hope it all works out. with 13 inches of snow and summer tires -its not like i could drive it anyways...

thanks for keeping this post alive guys!

i'll keep you posted and put up some new pics when i get her back!

i wonder if i ask corp for some goodies they would actually do it -lol

A new quarter panel? Im not so sure I would be happy about that one
Old 12-04-2007, 03:10 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
are you serious? I have been working on cars my whole life. I have removed and installed many seat belts and harnesses and when done correct there are no issues. never had any problems before. Your logic of thinking with this is just flawed i'm sorry. Its a single bolt. All they are going to do is take a socket, maybe add some loctite and tighten the bolt down. what is so special about that? nothing. Using your logic no one should ever remove their wheels because you might not tighten the lugs correctly and your wheels are going to fly off while driving and you will die. Come on seriously. Just because some of you may be mechanically inclined doesnt mean everyone is.
You don't evenmake sence. Trust me I am mechanically inclined. So you would have him put it on him self have to deal with the scratch and not get free goodies from infiniti. Wow your smart or as Hommer would say "SMRT"

Quick Reply: MY G IS FALLING APART!!!! Seatbelt came apart while driving!!!