Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Front plates... suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Techuinang - question about your signature?
Check your PM box
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by iansw
Front Plates required here in WA.

But I at least found a way around drilling holes in the bumper.....Yay tow hook!
I see your 4th Gen. white Maxima in the garage. I too have a '96 Pearl White GLE (daily driver) parked beside a '08 Obsisian Black G37.

Louisiana also doesn't require front plates. Unfortunately Texas does.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
sawcjack00

Thankfully, Florida doesn't require front plates.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
they require front license plates in los angeles....i just used black zip ties on the bumper...looks clean.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Degenerazn

Certains cities in California require, mine happens to be one of them (San Francisco) but I'm gonna keep the front sticker as long as possible and hopefully be able to get away w/ it.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by rrrevin
Wouldn't it be easier for you to come down here? but then again.. I do have family up there.. hmm.... maybe in the new year.. sometimes the #1 really bites in the winter.
Yep those license plates on the front really hurt the look of the car IMHO. I agree with rrrevin, get some more people in Edmonton and then maybe

Summer would be better definitely, it's too depressing outside to have a meet. Plus I just switched to winters and to put it kindly, it's like adding a front license plate on the car

My cars tend not to see much highway time as well, rock chips make me mad, even though I have the 3M. I plan my routes to avoid Deerfoot as much as possible. I just took it on there yesterday for the first time and it was just to play with the acceleration on the car before I switched over to winters. I got past break in three weeks ago, so I want to make sure I have as much fun as I can before it's granny driving time.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Orbie
Yep those license plates on the front really hurt the look of the car IMHO. I agree with rrrevin, get some more people in Edmonton and then maybe

Summer would be better definitely, it's too depressing outside to have a meet. Plus I just switched to winters and to put it kindly, it's like adding a front license plate on the car

My cars tend not to see much highway time as well, rock chips make me mad, even though I have the 3M. I plan my routes to avoid Deerfoot as much as possible. I just took it on there yesterday for the first time and it was just to play with the acceleration on the car before I switched over to winters. I got past break in three weeks ago, so I want to make sure I have as much fun as I can before it's granny driving time.

I hear ya winter sucks. I have seen 2 g37s up here so far but thats it. Spring would be a good time for a cruse through the mountains. Good pics too. I just got back from haveing my car power polished by auto-detailers in edmonton. they got the scratches out from the wifes snow brush. Well here is hoping to an early spring.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Motor25

Originally Posted by iansw
Front Plates required here in WA.

But I at least found a way around drilling holes in the bumper.....Yay tow hook!
That looks tacky
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a JDM plate on my S2000, but its only on when i have my airwalker bumper set on, i dont run it on my mugen bumper. I have a Back yard special plate braket. Puts the plate at a slight angle.

Last edited by UNV-IT46; 06-11-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM
gbest03

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
Same here! I told them it would be a deal breaker.
I turned down a car that the dealer had received that was exactly what I wanted, the salesperson knew that there was to be no front plate bracket installed, but the service department put it on 1 hour after it came off the truck, he was pissed.
He said it was the dealership's policy to install them as soon as the car arrived, they do it while they remove the shipping plastic and inspect the body for damage.
That was two months ago, I was on their lot last weekend, and none of the new G37's had a plate bracket, I guess they learned a lesson!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Skankarella

Technically, I should have a front plate (BC), but since I bought it in AZ, they weren't drilled in. My front plate is actually sitting in my trunk. We get enough Alberta cars here that not having a front plate doesn't set off any immediate alarm bells, and I haven't been pulled over for it.

I figure if I ever do get pulled over and they notice, I'll just plead ignorance ("Oh really? Weird, we only have the rear plate back in Alberta, I thought the second plate was just an extra in case I lost the first one. Thanks for letting me know! Hey, since you're here, could you show me where the thingy to pop the trunk is? My boyfriend showed me, but I forgot and I wanted to do some shopping today.")

I suppose there are some advantages to being a girl after all.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...my front plate saved me yesterday.

Someone backed into my car, but only bent the front plate, which is mounted on the post coming out of my tow hook.

hey - Black Betty - want to replace your 4th Gen with a SuperCharged one? It's for sale.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
How much for the maxima?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Motor25
That looks tacky
That's the Stillen kit.

Beats a hole in a bumper or zip ties (IMHO).....and certainly beats a $107 ticket.

If anyone comes up with a better solution, I'm all ears.