Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Scratches!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Scratches!!!!!!

So I have had my OB g37S for 2.5 weeks now. I have been real carful about swril markes. I am going monday to a heated garage to detail it. (My garage is not heated and it is too cold out here to wax) I let my wife take it to work yesterday the car was filthy but i thought sure show it off to your co-workers. It ended up snowing about 6 cm on the car. She actually borrowed a car brush from a co-worker adn brushed off the car!

Well you all know what i have now massive scratch and swril marks. I am so pi$$ed at her. I just needed a place to vent gus thanks for lisening none of my friends get how pi$$ed I am they all drive redneck trucks and getting it dirty and scratched is fun to them.

I think i'll go to bed now and cry a little.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that makes me cringe. Hopefully none of them are too deep and can be buffed out. Note to self: do not let the GF drive the G.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 PM
SilkeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This brings up a good question, how do you remove snow to drive safely without scratching?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 PM
shumby

just off the windows don't remove from paint. the car is not left out over night just a freek snow fall during a day that was not suposed to snow. It will blow off.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Disasterpiece

Dude that really sucks!!! Sorry to hear that..but swirls are bound to happen, especially in OB.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
SilkeG

If it snows heavy enough, I guess just leave a small layer on the paint but remove enough snow off the hood so as not to blow onto windshield and also from roof and trunk so as not to create a swirl for the guy behind so he can see and brake in time. As for glass, maybe apply layers of protectant so light brushing will do in combination with the heater.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM
xdram

I wish the G had the self-healing paint like the EX...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Orbie

Ouch rough Shumby, I got caught in that snowfall as well, except I'm still wearing my summers just can't bear to switch to the winters yet. Luckily nothing really stuck as it was a light dusting that blew off while driving. Unfortunately it is bound to happen, especially with OB. Unless she was really leaning into it, those should be able to be polished out no problem. If you know how just do it yourself, or have a detailer power polish it. I would wait till after winter though as you never know what else might happen to the car, hope it all works out man.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say divorce her!! she do it once, she do it again. why doesnt it snows here..
Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

dang bro! I swear i yell at people for touching my car when its dusty leave alone wipipng off snow with a special tool. This is one nice thing about cali. we get no snow in So. Cal, and I guess no rain either. We need rain.

sorry bro, hopefully like they said it will buff out.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:40 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

pics???? we need pics to see how bad. My dad just backed into me the other day. beat that??
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by shumby
just off the windows don't remove from paint. the car is not left out over night just a freek snow fall during a day that was not suposed to snow. It will blow off.
That is actually illegal in Ontario. You have to remove it completely in order for it to not blow off onto cars following you which could be a major hazard.

I side with your friends on this, it is annoying but I don't see the reason to get mad. You bought a black car, there is no way you will keep it swirls free for its entire ownership. You have a beautiful car with or without swirl marks.

Last edited by Techuinang; 11-22-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:37 PM
shumby

^^ ileagal here too but i usually just brush off the top layer.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:41 PM
shumby

Originally Posted by solopresident
pics???? we need pics to see how bad. My dad just backed into me the other day. beat that??
Pics will follow this weekend. I would definatly beat my dad if he did that lol. But I would also make him pay to fix it. Defeates the purpose getting the wife to pay its my money anyway. lol

I have gotten over it though. We kissed and made up and she said she was sory to the car. I am getting it polished this weekend so it looks like i can get the scratches out. I know a black car will get scratches but man i was not hoping to get them that way.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
SilkeG

Originally Posted by shumby
I have gotten over it though. We kissed and made up and she said she was sory to the car.
Glad things worked out, the innocent party really hurt by all this is Sweetheart (I mean the G), so I think she will forgive and maybe forget .

Quick Reply: Scratches!!!!!!