Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Center Console without Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
corruptor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raheel
If you dont get it, Dont Come on here Crying, because we will say, WE TOLD YOU SO! And trust me you will regret it and come crying!
I don't think that'll be a problem, seeing as how I'll reassure myself that the extra weight from add-ons will slow me down at willow springs/thunderhill, and possibly, laguna seca
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never said the adaptive lighting system was in the nav pack, I was just saying it is a great feature. I have all the packages and I know what each package has. If you can't justify purchasing the nav pack then don't, simple as that.

Last edited by dannbla; 11-21-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bloodhound
When I drive, if I dont use the nav, its on, showing me nearby streets as I drive. Sometimes when someone tells you 'you kno that street' you actually do b/c vaguely you remember seeing it on the gps.....

Touch screen is great, just more options of doin it the same way
Why would you want a 6 disc changer when you get a HD where you store all your music? Then you only need a 1 disc system; insert cd, rip to music box and throw cd out the window. Ipod connect is the best I've seen in cars that I've been in, if not the best out there.......Worth every penny they take from me every month....
I've got to "second" blood here, especially the part about just leaving the nav screen on while driving. There is something to be said about knowing your surroundings. Knowledge is a good thing.

Bottomline - it's another "toy" on a $40K+ car that is full of toys. It's your car, your money, your choice.

I'll have my G for at least five years (at least that's what I promised to the wife!), so I got everything I wanted on it, and have not had any remorse.

Let's just keep that last comment among ourselves.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
msb3079

yeah i never EVER understood how people can spend $30,000-$40,000 on a car and can't "justify" a nav system.... it really is an amazing thing....
even if you "always know where you are going" it is nice to be "connected to something" and for the times you end up in a place you don't know and you can just hit "HOME"... or even when you know where you are going it tells you how much time is left...i dont know .. so many different circumstances.
i coul dnever go without one... i had one on my 2002 Maxima..... my 2004 G Coupe... and i'll have one on my 2009 G Coupe.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM
porcupine

I specifically did not want to get the Nav System. I already own two Nav systems both are portable. Why would you want to buy an extremely over priced nav system when you can get the same thing at 30% of the cost Infiniti is charging you. Having it portable has further benefits too. When you rent cars for business trips you have access to nav information directly from your address book in your phone. Another point is 90% of my driving is between work and home. If I need someone to tell me how to get home from work or vice versa then I idefinitely would need a new brain.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
KapH33n

The nav system is a couple grand, but it includes a lot more than just navigation. Sure you could go get a TomTom for like $200 or something but does that install a backup camera and 7" touch screen LCD into your car that is dash mounted and streamlined? Newp... Does it give you an option to store your cds onto an in-dash, shock resistant hard drive? Does it give you an option to listen to mp3s in your car via a CF card reader? Does it give you voice activated control over functions of your car? Read about what the nav package is and what it includes. I almost didn't get it with my new G37 and lookin back on it, if i hadn't it would have been my biggest regret. The Nav system is close to flawless and extremely helpful. There's a certain sense of satisfaction knowing it's literally impossible for you to get lost.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
KapH33n

Corrupter, I'm in the bay area too. I haven't seen one other G37 yet, have you? Care to do a Bay Area Meet?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
porcupine

KapH33n
Yeah I thought about it but here was my conclusion. Do i need a camera to back up the car - Noope. Why do i need a fairly small hard disk in the car where I need to transfer my music into. I have a large capacity Ipod that already has everything I need in it. I simply hook that up to the music system. For the price they were charging for the tech package my conclusion was it definitinely was not worth it.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
sometime i wished i got the nav...but since i don't really use the G for travel (just weekend touring car) and i'm not an audiophile then it worked out for me...hell, all i really wanted was the sport package....cvt<----comming from 350Z, used to bare bones amenities and jarring suspension...lol
Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
carman63

Originally Posted by cvt
--comming from 350Z, used to bare bones amenities and jarring suspension...lol
My Z was pretty comfy and well appointed. Then again, it was a Touring model
Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Techuinang

I remember a picture was posted of the center console without the navi when the car first came out. Can't seem to find it right now but will try later.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Fatfenders

No Nav Pic

Here's one I found on eBay without nav.
Attached Thumbnails Center Console without Navigation-no-nav2.jpg  

Last edited by Fatfenders; 11-22-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
porcupine

Button description of the console without Navi is also shown in the Manual
Old 11-22-2007, 12:12 PM
xdram

The nav is worth it, it's more than a navigation unit. Why would anyone want a 6 cd changer when you can rip CD's onto the nav's built-in hard drive? It gives you the backup cam, it gives you voice recognition on climate controls and other things, it gives you easy setup settings for tons of car features, it offers phone number lookups for stores, restaurants, etc, and dialing if you have a bluetooth phone configured to the car.
If I was in the market for a used one, I wouldn't consider it if it didn't have nav so it would hurt the resale. I honestly don't understand why you wouldn't get it...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by Fatfenders
Here's one I found on eBay without nav.
Ooohhhh, nice find