Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WHY??? Obsidian Black or Amethyst Graphite

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:25 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WHY??? Obsidian Black or Amethyst Graphite

I know this thread is probably going to disappear real quick, but before I wake up tomorrow morning, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on what color they chose and why...particularly the ones I mentioned in the title. I went to Riverside Infiniti today and pretty much have everything done with except for which color I want.

I'm debating between OB and AG. For those of you who have one of the following colors, what made you want to get it and why?

My current car is a Nighthawk Black 2000 Accord. I first went into the dealership assuming that I wanted to get black again, but after seeing AG and how much easier it may (or may not) it is to maintain, I am pretty stumped. I REALLY like both colors and can't decide.

Any input appreciated. Thanks! I hope to join the G family VERY soon...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 AM
black fx-45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The g37 looks really hot in black the reason i chose my color(Platiunum Graphite) is didnt want up keep two black cars, My FX is a real pain to keep clean.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 AM
carman63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went with AG after seeing it in person, under a few lighting conditions. It's got a subtle color shift to it, IMO. Plus, the silver / dark silver colors don't grab attention like red does (I have a red GTI, really stands out). Plus, it looks good even when it's dirty

Either color choice, you can't go wrong!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:51 AM
DEC1

First of all congrats on being this close to owning a G37!!!...I can't wait till I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Interestingly, I also owned a 99 Black Accord...Nighthawk...cool word...marketing...gotta love 'em

When I sold it I swore I'd never own another black car!...so I bought a silver TSX...all you've heard is true...easier to take care of doesn't show the dirt etc...except...

Everything shows on the front bumper! bugs..tar...you name it...and it's tough to remove that stuff...just not as obvious on a black car...although everything else is...scratches dirt...you know... you have a black car now

Another thought...If you're considering a clear bra...which IMHO...is an absolute necessity...it is less obvious on lighter car...

Also depends on how unique you want to be...it seems during my observations here that a significant majority own black 37's...AG will set you apart a bit...

Either one will be a great choice...what an awesome "problem" to have...

Let us know what choice you make...best of luck!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:52 AM
iko

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=12
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
BO for me. It's classic beauty. It's strkingly bold. It makes almost any wheels really stand out. It's not any harder to keep clean, it just shows the dirt more. You should be keeping your ride detailed regularly anyway. But when it is cleaned, polished, and waxed, nothing looks as glossy and shiny as a black car. This is my 3rd black new car and I love them. You'll love any G37 you get, but OB will be extra special.

Last edited by Black Betty; 11-18-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM
sardento

i'll chime in...I have a Blue Slate 6MT and I love the car. Of the two chices you presented I would go with the AG. I say that because although black looks nice on any car.....your can get black on any car...if you follow my meaning. perfect example is you have a black accord...there are black camrys, black altimas. But the AG, Blue Slate etc are unique to Infiniti setting them apart. thats my two cents
Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
gurneyeagle

Nothing is more beautiful than a clean, polished black car.

Nothing is more of a pain than maintaining a black car! Swirl marks, dust, scratches, chips, etc., stand out.

Your choice decision should take into consideration your daily driving environment. I've got an 85 mile round trip everyday. In a year, a black car looks worn.

I just waxed my car yesterday, and was surprised by the number of little bug/stone chips already. You have to look really close to see them though.

Unless you have the time and inclination to spend a lot of time polishing your car, I'd go with silver or one of the graphites. They DO NOT show dirt.

If you have the time to maintain it, I'd go with the black. If time is at a premium, go graphite.

Either way, you will have a gorgeous car!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:57 AM
adamp1120

Congrats on almost having a G! I bought mine about a month ago and received it last week. Like you, I was torn between BO and AG. I was actually more leaning towards BO, but every single person at the dealership and my friends talked me out of getting black. They all said the same thing "It looks nice when it is washed and no other color looks like it, but after a day it looks like crap". Not to mention that the swirl marks will eventually appear and all dents and scratches will show.

I went with the AG for that reason above, and also because it is a new color that is really hard to get and nobody has it. My dealership had one AG on their lot in Automatic. They let me look at it and it is an awesome color. It sort of changes color depending on the light and I have got nothing but great comments on the color. My dealer said it was only the second one in AG they ever had on their lot and they said they are near impossible to find.

With that said, the decision is all yours, but if you have the opportunity to get the AG with the packages you want, I would definately get it. I think over the long run, if you cant wash your car every day or keep it in the garage when the weather is bad, you would be much happier with the AG. Let me know what you decide. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine in Ivory Pearl...car looks amazing in white. I saw a black one in the show room that had everything I wanted, but I opted to wait and grab the IP due to reasons mentioned above. I've always owned white cars and can't imagine driving another color. Platinum would probably be my second choice, but I agree that the black looks really, really good on this car (when clean).

Last edited by JLai; 11-18-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
GiGGaplease

i never had a black car, so i do not know how hard it is to keep it clean. if i had to choose, i would get black.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
kappa88af

I would go with the silver. I like a darker color and went with the blue slate but I would. Have gotten the silver as my second chose. Post pics once you get her home. Good luck
Old 11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Greeney

Tough choice and im in the same boat, personally Platinum Graphite is really sexy.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I chose OB... For me, OB give the curves of the G a very smooth look. Especially with Graphite interior, it just sleek and smooth. For me, it was between OB or IP.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Black. Anything else is just a lazy excuse

Quick Reply: WHY??? Obsidian Black or Amethyst Graphite