G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WHY??? Obsidian Black or Amethyst Graphite

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Degenerazn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The OB looked way too damn sexy for me to pass up but such a f***ing pain the maintain.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BO is hands down the sexiest color. When it's clean...
Old 11-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Motor25

Amethyst Graphite for the win:

Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting my previous car was a 2001 nighthawk black Honda Accord also...it was a 4cylinder and nothing super special it was my baby though....lost my V-card in it and all....got her SR yr of highschool....tinted, lowered on eibach springs....17 inch sport rims, Injen short ram intake, performance exhaust, indiglo gauges, xenon lights.....lol

I chose OB on my G37 as desrcibed in my signature...wanted to keep the sleek, discreet black alive...once u go black its hard to go back...when a black car is tinted it just looks so nice - no other color comes close in my opinion...my advice is park defensively - avoid dings and scratches....dont drive over dirt roads/avoid construction/dont drive behind big nasty garbage trucks or Semi's....wash/wax at least once a month to keep the luster....garage the car a lot keep some UV rays off of it...in the long run Black is a keeper and though many other colors look great - i feel like over the years u just dont get tired of black....its slick....mafioso style....looks sleeper....it looks good day or night...i know its opinionated and subjective but thats my take on it....the dark silver color (amethyst graphite was my second choice though i admit...)

Also no matter wht kinda rims you stick with - whether the sport 19's (which i am keeping on for at least 2 years, or 3rd party rims, a Black Beauty emphasizes your rims the most)

Joe

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 11-18-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
black looks best..which is why i got one....will i ever own another black car? NO WAY!!

go with AG or anything else besides black hahahah
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just pulled the trigger.

OB wins!

Actually, after thinking for a while, I decided with AG. I was going to get it, except there are NONE available with the graphite interior. They had the OB in the exact config I was looking for that came in this morning, which looked damn sexy since they just waxed it. The main reason I went with OB is because I had no choice. The wait for AG would be about a couple months (at least as far as the package i'm looking for), and by that time, there would be no more 2.9% financing.

Well, it's time for me to go pick up the black monster. WOOOOO!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
DEC1

congrats!!! enjoy!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
SLaPiNFuNK

AG is a beautiful color!

these splash guards are AG...

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Greeney

Whats the difference between AG and PG?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Romeo Xray

AG is a great color and was my third choice. I stuck to my first choice which is OB. IP was my second choice by the way. Why OB? Elegant, classic, rich, sexy, sleek...a few words that to me are associated with black vehicles like the Infiniti G37, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus..etc.. A '67 Chevy Camaro or a Lamborghini Countach...doesn't the color black come to mind? See how the color black is associated with those type of vehicles? You can't go wrong with black, it's a classic sports car color. Also, in my opinion the "gunmetal" shade of color is the current fad color like the green shades were in the 90's.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
OB looks best when cleaned and properly polished. It is more work though. You have to be careful the way you clean it. To me when it is clean it makes the car look more expensive and sportier. But on the flip side when it is dirty it has just the opposite affect.

AG will look good even when dirty.

It really is all about personal preference though.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:09 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The deal is done. I love my new baby. Time to change my sig lol.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
im a neat freak. i've had black cars all my life until the G37. they get dirty as all hell but look sick when clean. they also look like they age faster in my opinion because they show so many imperfections. also, my plat graphite shows a lot of form in the sun. the black hides a lote of the form/design. i think AG is an excellent color for this type of car and so is blue and Plat graphite.

to be honest. a G37 will look sick in any color soley b/c its a G37. one of the reasons i changed from black to grey was b/c:

1) i leased. black shows more and in the end when u return it the dealer begins to nitpick. not good IMO

2) the 19" sport wheels look nice with a a matching silver (plat Graphite) and calipers

3) when the tints are on you get the distinguishing infiniti G window graphic and emphasized tall belt line.

but again, this might just be me. no offense to anyone who has black lol

i thought about getting black for about a week or so. it was a tough choice. black would have been my second pick of all the colors. but i live up north and the snow/salt looks nasty on black

depends on where u live and how picky u are about the car. i detail mine every 2 months or so..

IMO.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
g37ha

AG is my 2nd choice after Red. When they put AG and Red next to each other. I decide to buy Red with Black interior and dark tined window. I got some whistle on the street. Buy Red.

My daughter have IS250 in black and lazy to wash, it's not look so nice.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
OGtripleOG37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get AG...cuz im gettin OB. one less OB g37 to compete with. haha jk. OB looks good IMHO. cant wait till i get mine.

Quick Reply: WHY??? Obsidian Black or Amethyst Graphite