G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
***** that $hit....I say keep it classy....My black on black with tints only desires some coilovers to give it a meaner look and a front end lip....Even my 19 inch sport rims im hesitant to change out I love em'...Im actually debating intake/exhaust and dont want my baby to sound ghetto fab...

Those pics are hideous x999.....
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't think it's that bad for a widebody kit. Just lose the hideous front lip flaps and the vents on the rear fenders. Slap on more aggresive wheels and it wouldnt look that bad.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
I don't think it's that bad for a widebody kit. Just lose the hideous front lip flaps and the vents on the rear fenders. Slap on more aggresive wheels and it wouldnt look that bad.
Uh, yes it would.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While i do agree that car is horrible in every shape and form i dont believe in leaving a car alone no matter what price range it is in. That is why their are tuners for every brand and price range car. And considering my living depends on people buying after market parts from me I love the fact there are more people who think hooking up cars is a good idea. I have already lowered my G37 with teins and have a bundle of JDM items on the way for as we speak...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
While i do agree that car is horrible in every shape and form i dont believe in leaving a car alone no matter what price range it is in. That is why their are tuners for every brand and price range car. And considering my living depends on people buying after market parts from me I love the fact there are more people who think hooking up cars is a good idea. I have already lowered my G37 with teins and have a bundle of JDM items on the way for as we speak...
You do this for a living and know what works and what doesn't. Your car is very understated (as of now) and classy looking. I know you make money off of clowns who want to slap things on a car that just doesn't belong on it, but it still looks horrible. I ain't mad at ya for selling it to them, but I wish they wouldn't do it.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You do this for a living and know what works and what doesn't. Your car is very understated (as of now) and classy looking. I know you make money off of clowns who want to slap things on a car that just doesn't belong on it, but it still looks horrible. I ain't mad at ya for selling it to them, but I wish they wouldn't do it.
I wouldnt say that. I dont sell riced out crap made items. I sell high quality JDM power house tuner items. Their concept in function over form. Not form over function. The car in question is for sure form over function and not only that it was a really bad job of it...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When i recieve my g37 i believe i am just going to slap on tints. window spoiler, front lip, little drop shown by UNV. And then possible performance. Thats it no carbon Fiber etc. Or beast body kits. And ill settle with my 19s wouldent have to touch them.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:42 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
When i recieve my g37 i believe i am just going to slap on tints. window spoiler, front lip, little drop shown by UNV. And then possible performance. Thats it no carbon Fiber etc. Or beast body kits. And ill settle with my 19s wouldent have to touch them.
I wouldnt call my drop little by any means. To be honest expect pretty much every set of springs that come out for the G37 to drop less then what mine did...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Well, to help this guy out i bet the car was higly rushed to get it to SEMA. Is taht an excuse? NO.

I personally dis-liked this whole car from front to back. It needs a lot of finishing work but should be a SICK car come HIN LA. This i am sure is a work in progress but not to my taste either.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
NoLimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the widebody Would actually look good "IF" they would've made the lines smoother, ... left out the hideous front end and went with a nice subtle look, and left off the drastic open 'vent' look in the rear fenders by just smoothly going wide.....

so basically, ...If they just changed the Whole idea of the projecT!!!! LOL! it would've looked good....
Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Gday
Banned

i dont get the rear side vents.. did the owner do a rear engine conversion? or are the vents just catching air to help assist with the braking because the new kits adds at least 40% more torque and HP.

are the air leading to anything or is it just collecting air and reducing the aerodynamics of the car?

vents on all OEM cars that come with one actually have some use... This i can see is just rice.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It's never common to find a car that just has aftermarket rims and a tint at the SEMA show. Half the cars there are over done. SEMA is known for that.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 AM
NemesisG37

WOW, great job taking an already overweight coupe and adding another 500 pounds of body work. RICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Uh, yes it would.
Have a photoshop wizard do what I said and I guarantee their opinions will change.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
gurneyeagle

You know, it's all about personal preference. To each his own. We at least need to respect other folks' taste.

IMHO, I don't like 99% of the mods I've seen in this and the G35 forum. But, I'm also 49 years old and bought a G37 to have a luxurious, sporty car. Other than maybe the rims (which I have really grown to like lately) and substituting rosewood for the washi (what was Infiniti thinking by not allowing that choice?), there isn't anything I would change on my car.

Now those comments, I'm sure, have the younger guys laughing. Again, to each his own.

For me, my car isn't my life like it used to be. I've also got to juggle a wife, a 15 year-old (boy Scouts and Jr. ROTC), maintain a house, and work 60 hours a week at a job I love. I squeeze in a 50 mile bike ride when I can on the weekends. That's my life.

That's not everyone else's life. When I had the time, but certainly not the money, I wanted to mod my cars too. I must have dumped almost $500 (1980 dollars) into my 1980 VW Scirocco S (one of my all-time favorite cars). Since then, I've gotten married, bought a house, and had a kid. Priorities have changed.

It's your car, do what you want to do. Keep in mind however, if you ask for people's opinions, your going to get them - both favorable and unfavorable.

With that being said, I hope this forum doesn't turn into what I see on the G35 coupe forum - a bunch of kids buying used cars and then asking questions and getting slammed for it. I think we are a few years away from that.

What really surprises me is the number of young people who can afford a $45K car. I know some are fortunate to have their parents buy it for them (although I have, and always will, question a parent's decision to give their kid such a powerful and expensive car), but I'm amazed at some folk's total non-concern about debt.

Quick Reply: G37 Ricers