G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Brent72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And a Corvette makes more power than either of them. Who cares? If you base your decision solely on hp and torque of course there are better choices than the G37, but I think most of us here are concerned with other areas(exterior design, interior, convenience features, reliability, value, etc) that put the G over the top by a mile.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
also the 335 makes more tq from less displacment..
well...that's what you get when you have twins.

which again points out to another apples to apples comparison. what would BMW get if the 3.0L was n/a? they were able to get 333hp from a 3.2L, would it be safe to say they can string out an even 300 with the 3.0? how much would infiniti get out of a boosted 3.7L?

i think it was all for the best that the two main competitors went in different ways as far as how to achieve it's power.

some prefer F/I cars...some prefer N/A.

to be honest, I think nissan went a little gunshy and should have tried to approach the coveted 100hp/ per liter mark. that would have been something.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
ABQG35c

Originally Posted by Gday
umm. No... Looks are subjective. And yes, the G35 looks better. When my friends and I saw a G37 roll by at a parking lot. I said, "should I trade in my G for that new one?".. Everyone said, NO. Why would you do that? Your G35 looks better then that.

And my 06 Sports Coupe is bone stock. The only good thing on the G37 is the interior and the VVEL.

But, I rather get the 07 sedan then the 37.
And you're basing your decision off of what other people say? That's Gday...

It's your car not theirs. Buy what you want man. If you personally don't like the car, then why even bother asking your friends what they think?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
ABQG35c

Originally Posted by Callaway
Putting intakes on the G37 will not make it faster than a 335. Face it, the 335 is faster and can be made stupidly faster for cheap. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I purchased a G37 because I felt it was the best value for my hard earned money. It offers all the gadgets, more than adequate power for daily driving and sexy styling in a package thousands less than a comparibly equipped 335. If you don't like that viewpoint, than that is your perogative. But why sit in a G37 enthusiast website and try to convert people to your point of view? If you like another car, by all means go ahead and get it and enjoy the hell out of it. If you must, come back on here and tell us just how much you are enjoying your car. I think most of us are intelligent enough here to do significant research before plopping down $35K+ on a car. There will be badge ****** and fan boys here and there, but they aren't making my decision for me.