G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gday
umm. No... Looks are subjective. And yes, the G35 looks better. When my friends and I saw a G37 roll by at a parking lot. I said, "should I trade in my G for that new one?".. Everyone said, NO. Why would you do that? Your G35 looks better then that.

And my 06 Sports Coupe is bone stock. The only good thing on the G37 is the interior and the VVEL.

But, I rather get the 07 sedan then the 37.

the 35 looks too much like the 350Z and the 37 looks more grand and distinguished, theres a few more curves that accent the style...i think the g35 coupe looks more compact sport....also i dont mind the extra torque, 30-some extra horsepower to make up for the weight, higher displacement and redline, etc etc. and also theres more goodies available on the 37....

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 11-05-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mal_TX
Everyone who knew my 06 coupe and now has seen my 08 coupe thinks the new car is:
"much better looking"
"much more expensive looking"
"sleeker"
"wider, lower"
"more aggressive"
"not that your old car wasn't nice, but THAT looks like a real sports car"
"saw your new ride. it is pretty sick. love the new headlights"
"the wheels are perfect. very classy but sport at the same time."
"big improvement in all areas"
"the back is much better looking"

etc, etc... I've not had anyone tell me it is uglier or only just as good as my old coupe. Granted, I don't expect them to tell me that, but I only get compliments and they always specifically point out various changes that they feel makes the car "better" than my old one.

It's only the folks on the online G35 forums that I've seen the hate from... and I think at least half of them just want to keep liking their car so they can save themselves some money. Can't blame em!

^^^^^^^couldn't be any more on the dot about that entire post.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 AM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LOL I do not know how I missed Mal_TX post. lol

Those are the exact same comments I got when I had bought my G37 home. My fiance was pissed.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 AM
civic4982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 isn't having as much of an impact as nissan expected and not nearly the impact that the g35 had. I suspect the end of the quarter data will show the same. the sedan sold great but I think the coupe isn't hitting the market like they expected.

then again one of my favorite cars I've ever owned was a 6 speed acura CL type-s that was only out 3 years until they discontinued it b/c it wasn't selling.

moral of the story is... WGAF.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 AM
inFG37ScoupeR

Originally Posted by mal_TX
Everyone who knew my 06 coupe and now has seen my 08 coupe thinks the new car is:
"much better looking"
"much more expensive looking"
"sleeker"
"wider, lower"
"more aggressive"
"not that your old car wasn't nice, but THAT looks like a real sports car"
"saw your new ride. it is pretty sick. love the new headlights"
"the wheels are perfect. very classy but sport at the same time."
"big improvement in all areas"
"the back is much better looking"

etc, etc... I've not had anyone tell me it is uglier or only just as good as my old coupe. Granted, I don't expect them to tell me that, but I only get compliments and they always specifically point out various changes that they feel makes the car "better" than my old one.

It's only the folks on the online G35 forums that I've seen the hate from... and I think at least half of them just want to keep liking their car so they can save themselves some money. Can't blame em!
good post, couldn't agree more.
and i am coming from an SLK55 AMG. (believe it or not)
Old 11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
stinger44

Originally Posted by Motor25
I really don't care what other people think about my car.

I bought the the car for ME, not to satisfy or impress other people.

I absolutely LOVE my G37
Liar! lmao You did too buy it to impress other ppl or it certainly entered your mind.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Brent72

It's funny how quickly we can all lose perspective when it comes to stuff like this. The bottom line is that anybody driving an Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, etc. is luckier than 99% of the people out there who are stuck driving crap like a Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Oldsmobile, etc. There's always going to be something that looks better or is faster, but you have to just learn to be happy with what you've got. I feel fortunate to have a brand new G37 in my garage and anybody that hates on it is probably just jealous...........or just a major a**hole.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
N50

Originally Posted by Brent72
It's funny how quickly we can all lose perspective when it comes to stuff like this. The bottom line is that anybody driving an Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, etc. is luckier than 99% of the people out there who are stuck driving crap like a Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Oldsmobile, etc. There's always going to be something that looks better or is faster, but you have to just learn to be happy with what you've got. I feel fortunate to have a brand new G37 in my garage and anybody that hates on it is probably just jealous...........or just a major a**hole.
Maybe both? lol

Congrats on your new G37. It's lookin' good.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
G3NIU5

i have the 04 6mt. overall the g37 is a nice upgrade package over the g35, i really like it... except for 2 very very trivial things. on the g35, i hate the cupholders and i like the look of the shift ****. the g37 didnt change what i hate (cupholders) and changed what i like (****) which isnt as nice imo as the previous one. but like i said, it's trivial and if i wanted to get the g37, these 2things shouldn't stop me from doing it.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Brent72

Originally Posted by N50
Congrats on your new G37. It's lookin' good.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the compliment.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Tell ya what I hate. This Thread staying active!!

I wish it would be

I guess I'm no help.....
Old 11-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well you just bumped it back to the top with that response.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
FatG37

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Thats funny. Local dealer which is the largest in south florida has around 35 g37's sitting on their lot as of today. The salemen stated they ordered way too many cars expecting the car to sell like hot cakes but its doing nothing near what they expected. This month alone they have sold more G35 coupes then G37's. You want more examples of cars besides BMW ok. The honda S2000 When it was first released in 2000 the car was near impossible to get continued that way until around 2003. In 2002 when I purchased mine i had to go 12 hours away to get the color I wanted because no dealer's would trade them because they were near impossible to get. Want another car ok Mitsu Evo. When the most recent MR was released again near impossible to get at first. Took months before dealers had more then 1 at a time. Same was with the Sti. I could go on and on with other cars that were the exact same. The fact is numbers dont lie. The G37 is not selling anywhere near what the G35 did when it came out so whats that say? People dont like the car. And as far as my loyalties ya I was driving a BMW M3 so I do love BMW's but oh thats right I am driving an Infiniti G37S now so ya why would my loyalties be with an infiniti?
I had to order mine becuase the dealer could not locate one in the color and options i wanted. they also stated they had very strong sales of the G37S with orders being put in weekly for them to be shipped. As for all the BMW lovers the 3series comes with about 300hp stock the G comes with about 330hp(i know i weighs more) no turbo with the money you would have spent buying the 3series stock u can put in an insane turbo system which will blow the socks off the 3series easily.After much deliberation ive decided to buy a white G37 6MT fully loaded every option available.Like i said i had to order it and it will be here in january a late present 4 me.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FatG37
As for all the BMW lovers the 3series comes with about 300hp stock the G comes with about 330hp
actually they put down the same amount of peak power...the 335i actually has more power under the curve....

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1....chart.160.jpg

from

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=121462#10
Old 11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
actually they put down the same amount of peak power...the 335i actually has more power under the curve....

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1....chart.160.jpg

from

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=121462#10
also the 335 makes more tq from less displacment..

Quick Reply: Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...