G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM
6969g35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stinger44
For all the guys and gals that bought G37s, I'm sure you're happy with your purchase and love the car's looks, etc. The point I want to make is I love the G35 and it pioneered "sexy coupe" for many car makers in the Infiniti price class, I just feel that they missed the opportunity to blow the doors off the competition by creating an even sexier and better defined G37. Because of that missed opportunity, BMW and others still remain king. I think it's apparent Infiniti is not enjoying superb sales because of it. IMO
YOU ARE RIGHT,,, THE G35 COUPE IS CLASSIC DESIGN
THE LINES ARE HEAD ITS TIME,
TIMELESS COUPE ,,G35
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent72
Dude, like I said I'm not going to argue with you. Maybe the car isn't selling well where you live and maybe that means it's not a popular car in your area. I've heard just as many stories of places where it is selling well and where dealers are still getting MSRP or above. Like I said, the dealership where I bought mine only had 2 and apparently they've been selling very well there so it is what it is. Personally, I could care less if everyone else on the planet dislikes the car because I like it and that's all that matters. Cheers!
well what you heard is exactly what they are, Stories... again as stated numbers dont lie. If a car has been out sold by the previous model then its pretty clear its not hitting a choird with people.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:27 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
well here are some #s

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...01104454.shtml

from nissannews.com

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
· Infiniti sales increased by 1.8 percent on a daily sales rate basis, with 9,955 units sold, as compared with last October’s 9,406 units.
· The G Sedan experienced a record October, with sales totaling 3,652 units, a 26.7 percent increase. G Coupe sales reached 1,887 units, a 29.9 percent gain versus the prior year.
· The QX56 luxury SUV continued its momentum with sales of 1,127 units, an 18.2 percent increase over the prior year.

the G coupe had a 29.9% gain prior to previous year. i'd say they were selling well especially nearing christmas/holidays...like you said, numbers don't lie.

personally two of the closest infiniti dealerships where i live are out of G37coupes. and i saw more coupes on the raod today then ever...sickening...i that my car will be as common as a G35...lol.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Mt dealer is out of G37 coupes. The only ones that have remained on the lot for more than a week are the Journeys in the silver colors. I live 2 minutes from the dealership and drive by it everyday. There are a massive number of 07 coupes on the lot right now though. Much of this has to do with the time of year and the economy. In 2002, the dealers were not ordering as many coupes- they were quote "limited production". the marketing on this one has been completely different.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:08 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by cvt
well here are some #s

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...01104454.shtml

from nissannews.com

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
· Infiniti sales increased by 1.8 percent on a daily sales rate basis, with 9,955 units sold, as compared with last October’s 9,406 units.
· The G Sedan experienced a record October, with sales totaling 3,652 units, a 26.7 percent increase. G Coupe sales reached 1,887 units, a 29.9 percent gain versus the prior year.
· The QX56 luxury SUV continued its momentum with sales of 1,127 units, an 18.2 percent increase over the prior year.

the G coupe had a 29.9% gain prior to previous year. i'd say they were selling well especially nearing christmas/holidays...like you said, numbers don't lie.

personally two of the closest infiniti dealerships where i live are out of G37coupes. and i saw more coupes on the raod today then ever...sickening...i that my car will be as common as a G35...lol.
The numbers may be 29% better than last year's car but remember that they are comparing sales of a new and anticipated model to that of last year's car that has been out pretty much the same for 4 years. Does anyone have sales data for the Oct 2004 G or Oct 2003 G as a comparison? If I remember the original G35 was selling in the 2300-2500 range for quite some time. The 2003 data might not be the best because if I remmeber correctly, even Inifiniti didn't expect to sell so many so production might not have been up to the demand. It was almost 2 years before 6mts were selling below MSRP in the NY area. That was impressive.

Although Infiniti did a great job improving the G in many places (especially the interior, and refining it), looks-wise they aren't that far apart - so people that aren't gearheads are probably not going to run out and get one. That and BMW coming out with the 335, I believe, bit into the G's success.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Motor25

I really don't care what other people think about my car.

I bought the the car for ME, not to satisfy or impress other people.

I absolutely LOVE my G37
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
sanscu

What would the world be like without the haters?

I suppose we can't all have whatever we want either. Personally, I love Ferrari and hate most of the other supercars. So what?

One person's hate should not change another's love.

I love my G37 and unless something happens to it, someone else's opinion is not going to change mine on this issue.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
mal_TX

If you are going to talk about cars being sold vs. sitting on the lot, you need to take into account the production numbers.

Do you have production numbers for the M5/M6 and the S2000 for those first few months/years to compare it to the production numbers for the G37 over the same time period?

You could say that an exotic car is in amazingly high demand because they only make 500 per year and there is a waiting list -- but in reality it is in REALLY LOW demand.

A car like a Toyota Camry sells 40,000 units a MONTH. Now *THAT* is high demand. And yet, toyota camrys are sitting on the lots, without any waiting lists. Why? Production vs. sales.

You cannot talk about popularity in terms of available inventory without taking into account production. Show me production numbers on the G37 that are limited/low runs like $75,000-$100,000 premium sports car (M5,M6) or very limited niche like a $34,000 Honda S2000, then I'll be right next to you wondering why they are not moving them. In absence of such evidence, I'll just assume Infiniti is targeting high sales numbers and producing plenty of G37s.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Brent72

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
well what you heard is exactly what they are, Stories... again as stated numbers dont lie. If a car has been out sold by the previous model then its pretty clear its not hitting a choird with people.
Let it go. Please.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i could care less if the 37 sold less than the 35. i have not seen a single 37 in like 2-3 months here and i am happy with that. whenever i get mines, i wont see one on every corner like the z or the tc. for the "classic g35 design", i see nothing classic about it. i only like the g35 tail lights and thats about it. i think the 35 "looks boring", my own opinion.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Die thread die!!!!

Can I get a bit of WHO CARES, and a little bit of WGAF!

Who the heck cares what car is doing what, or how bad our car is, especially from other brand owners. Infiniti is meeting their target sales figures and most of us (I hope) who has bought a G37 loves the car. I also have a 07 G35 Journey coupe in the family and I hate to even step in it now. I remember when I bought my fiance the 07 G35 coupe and everyone was like "Why did you get her a better car than you" (I had a modded 04 I35). When I came home and surprised everyone with my G37S (impulse buy) it seems like everyone around me loves my car even my friends who have BMWs and Benzes. Even my fiance who enjoyed her G35 fame for about a half a year can not stand her car anymore.

I bet most of us in this forum (including me) could have afforded a 335i coupe or something better, (personally I wanted a 550i 6mt). We all bought our G37S for reasons that they can not understand. If I had a dollar for everytime I was hated on for something I did or bought, I would be making 7 figures a year. WTFC!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
time to lock thread =)
Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

first off forget the 335i completly because whoever owns one feels stupid for paying 5-10 grand extra for a piece of crap BMW IMO its a womens car and the owner of BMW is actually two twin bavarian sisters....Plus They just feel bad cuz all it takes is fujita intakes and that beamer can kiss the rear end of a beautiful g37
Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
first off forget the 335i completly because whoever owns one feels stupid for paying 5-10 grand extra for a piece of crap BMW IMO its a womens car and the owner of BMW is actually two twin bavarian sisters....Plus They just feel bad cuz all it takes is fujita intakes and that beamer can kiss the rear end of a beautiful g37
thats a dumb comparison because put an intake on a 335 or turn the boost up and say bye bye to the 335. there is always something that can be done to make a car faster then the next...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Putting intakes on the G37 will not make it faster than a 335. Face it, the 335 is faster and can be made stupidly faster for cheap. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I purchased a G37 because I felt it was the best value for my hard earned money. It offers all the gadgets, more than adequate power for daily driving and sexy styling in a package thousands less than a comparibly equipped 335. If you don't like that viewpoint, than that is your perogative. But why sit in a G37 enthusiast website and try to convert people to your point of view? If you like another car, by all means go ahead and get it and enjoy the hell out of it. If you must, come back on here and tell us just how much you are enjoying your car. I think most of us are intelligent enough here to do significant research before plopping down $35K+ on a car. There will be badge ****** and fan boys here and there, but they aren't making my decision for me.

Last edited by Callaway; 11-04-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...