G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
another thing is everyone is claiming low sales...well...didn't the car just come out 3 months ago? and car sales are supposed to lessen before the holidays for obvious reasons (ie vacations, christmas, etc.). let's wait a year and see where the G37 is at.

i don't think that the G37 will have as much success as the G35 simply because there are so many potentially used G35s out there. plus the 3 series is still going strong. in a a way i like that i don't see many G37s right now..when i had my Z i saw a 350Z every 5 minutes.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:06 AM
mal_TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone who knew my 06 coupe and now has seen my 08 coupe thinks the new car is:
"much better looking"
"much more expensive looking"
"sleeker"
"wider, lower"
"more aggressive"
"not that your old car wasn't nice, but THAT looks like a real sports car"
"saw your new ride. it is pretty sick. love the new headlights"
"the wheels are perfect. very classy but sport at the same time."
"big improvement in all areas"
"the back is much better looking"

etc, etc... I've not had anyone tell me it is uglier or only just as good as my old coupe. Granted, I don't expect them to tell me that, but I only get compliments and they always specifically point out various changes that they feel makes the car "better" than my old one.

It's only the folks on the online G35 forums that I've seen the hate from... and I think at least half of them just want to keep liking their car so they can save themselves some money. Can't blame em!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think looks should factor in to anyone's knocking of any car. If there ever was a truely ugly car it would fail miserably..i.e. Poniac Azteca. The G will not fail no matter how many people say its ugly. I think the VW Beetle is ugly, but thats not a rare car. Its just someones opinion.

I think the G gets knocked a lot because of its competitors more than its charateristics.

The new G is up against:

BMW: Saying BMW owners are loyal is a huge understatement. I know many owners that wouldn't look twice at any car that wasn't produced in Germany, PERIOD. Thats not to say all BMW drivers are stuck up, but there are quite a few die hards that take HUGE offense their brand being compared to a Japanese brand. Like it or not, the G and the 335 are in the same class.

G35: The G35 has been around for a good number of years now, and has made a huge mark on the import scene. Unless the new G had 500hp with every goodie and weighted 1000lbs, people were going to knock it. No one likes change and no one likes to think of their car as the "old model".

Like it or not, this new car definately stirs emotion. People love it, people hate it. This being a G board obviously makes us bias, but to me there is nothing wrong with getting noticed.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Brent72

I'll admit that when I first saw pics of the G37 I was VERY underwhelmed. All I can say is that in person the car is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and I've never seen such a case of pictures not doing a car justice. I think it looks a lot better than the G35 and 350Z and it's about a million times better looking than the new BMW 3-series coupes IMHO. I realize it's not for everyone and I can respect someone's opinion if they're not completely blown away by it as looks are definitely subjective. For me, however, I think it's easily the best looking car under $50k on the market today and I'm proud to own such a great piece of machinery.

Last edited by Brent72; 11-03-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:51 PM
GSpot37

Crack heads

Originally Posted by cvt
Just an observation for various car boards, from bimmer forums, to Z forums, to G35 forums, and G37 forums.

It's the usual, "too heavy", "looks aren't as good as concept/G35", "slower than 335i", etc., etc.

for a new car it's getting quite a bit of heat. i never witnessed this kind of backlash when i got my Z in 03.

i guess if it weren't for haters we'd all be just one big circle jerk fest....lol.
They probably all smoke CRACK
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont worry about what they say, just enjoy your car.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by Brent72
I'll admit that when I first saw pics of the G37 I was VERY underwhelmed. All I can say is that in person the car is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and I've never seen such a case of pictures not doing a car justice. I think it looks a lot better than the G35 and 350Z and it's about a million times better looking than the new BMW 3-series coupes IMHO. I realize it's not for everyone and I can respect someone's opinion if they're not completely blown away by it as looks are definitely subjective. For me, however, I think it's easily the best looking car under $50k on the market today and I'm proud to own such a great piece of machinery.

Your totally right.... these g35 fans need to untuck the heads from outta there *SSES LOL... Theres no way u can even compare a 35 and 37... the 37 looks about 5 x beta than a 35 easy....
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While there will always be hate from other car forums and owners its pretty normal i do have to admit its pretty clear this car is not liked by many people. The sales have shown that to be very true...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:28 PM
MrElussive

It's easier to impress people with a brand new car than to take something already well-liked and make it better.

I love the new G37 Coupe. It looks fantastic, inside and out.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:42 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by mal_TX
Everyone who knew my 06 coupe and now has seen my 08 coupe thinks the new car is:
"much better looking"
"much more expensive looking"
"sleeker"
"wider, lower"
"more aggressive"
"not that your old car wasn't nice, but THAT looks like a real sports car"
"saw your new ride. it is pretty sick. love the new headlights"
"the wheels are perfect. very classy but sport at the same time."
"big improvement in all areas"
"the back is much better looking"

etc, etc... I've not had anyone tell me it is uglier or only just as good as my old coupe. Granted, I don't expect them to tell me that, but I only get compliments and they always specifically point out various changes that they feel makes the car "better" than my old one.

It's only the folks on the online G35 forums that I've seen the hate from... and I think at least half of them just want to keep liking their car so they can save themselves some money. Can't blame em!
Ditto... I had an 03 coupe- nothing but compliments and praise on my G37. Everyone likes the 37 better. And there are plenty of us who have traded or sold the old gen coupe for the new one-all of us in agreement that the new one is superior in every category. Thi sis the same opinion of people who evaluate cars for a living. I rememeber when I test drove the G37 and then parked it beside my G35. The '37 made the G35 look dated and anemic.
When I got home in my G35, it looked good to me but when I parked it beside another G37 shortly before I finalized the deal on my new G37, I couldn't wait to get rid of it and start driving my new car.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Brent72

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
i do have to admit its pretty clear this car is not liked by many people. The sales have shown that to be very true...
The car has only been out for a little over two months now so trying to read ANYTHING from sales numbers this early in the game is completely pointless. Also, I think it's clear that this car IS liked by a lot of people as everyone who has seen mine in the past week has gone completely crazy over it.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
UNV-IT46

The car has only been out for a little over two months now so trying to read ANYTHING from sales numbers this early in the game is completely pointless. Also, I think it's clear that this car IS liked by a lot of people as everyone who has seen mine in the past week has gone completely crazy over it.
I think you can tell everything as far as if a car is liked or not. When the M5/M6 came out they were sold out before they every arrived and stayed that way for a long time. That sure tells me people loved the car. Same with the 335i they are sold out everywhere. Not sitting on dealers. The G has not made any impact like that at all. My dealers have butt loads sitting on lots. If they were loved they would be selling out fast. And just judging by what everyone is saying about the car i would say its pretty clear the car is not loved by everyone
Old 11-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Brent72

I think you can tell everything as far as if a car is liked or not. When the M5/M6 came out they were sold out before they every arrived and stayed that way for a long time. That sure tells me people loved the car. Same with the 335i they are sold out everywhere. Not sitting on dealers. The G has not made any impact like that at all. My dealers have butt loads sitting on lots. If they were loved they would be selling out fast. And just judging by what everyone is saying about the car i would say its pretty clear the car is not loved by everyone
That's your OPINION and you're entitled to it, but everything I've seen and heard is far different regarding this car so it's NOT "pretty clear the car isn't loved by everyone". The dealer where I bought mine had exactly 2 G37s left on their lot(which I wouldn't exactly call a surplus) and said they've been selling great. Also, since you cite two different BMW models it's obvious where your loyalties lie so there's no point in arguing with you.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:01 AM
UNV-IT46

That's your OPINION and you're entitled to it, but everything I've seen and heard is far different regarding this car so it's NOT "pretty clear the car isn't loved by everyone". The dealer where I bought mine had exactly 2 G37s left on their lot(which I wouldn't exactly call a surplus) and said they've been selling great. Also, since you cite two different BMW models it's obvious where your loyalties lie so there's no point in arguing with you.
Thats funny. Local dealer which is the largest in south florida has around 35 g37's sitting on their lot as of today. The salemen stated they ordered way too many cars expecting the car to sell like hot cakes but its doing nothing near what they expected. This month alone they have sold more G35 coupes then G37's. You want more examples of cars besides BMW ok. The honda S2000 When it was first released in 2000 the car was near impossible to get continued that way until around 2003. In 2002 when I purchased mine i had to go 12 hours away to get the color I wanted because no dealer's would trade them because they were near impossible to get. Want another car ok Mitsu Evo. When the most recent MR was released again near impossible to get at first. Took months before dealers had more then 1 at a time. Same was with the Sti. I could go on and on with other cars that were the exact same. The fact is numbers dont lie. The G37 is not selling anywhere near what the G35 did when it came out so whats that say? People dont like the car. And as far as my loyalties ya I was driving a BMW M3 so I do love BMW's but oh thats right I am driving an Infiniti G37S now so ya why would my loyalties be with an infiniti?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Brent72

Thats funny. Local dealer which is the largest in south florida has around 35 g37's sitting on their lot as of today. The salemen stated they ordered way too many cars expecting the car to sell like hot cakes but its doing nothing near what they expected. This month alone they have sold more G35 coupes then G37's. You want more examples of cars besides BMW ok. The honda S2000 When it was first released in 2000 the car was near impossible to get continued that way until around 2003. In 2002 when I purchased mine i had to go 12 hours away to get the color I wanted because no dealer's would trade them because they were near impossible to get. Want another car ok Mitsu Evo. When the most recent MR was released again near impossible to get at first. Took months before dealers had more then 1 at a time. Same was with the Sti. I could go on and on with other cars that were the exact same. The fact is numbers dont lie. The G37 is not selling anywhere near what the G35 did when it came out so whats that say? People dont like the car. And as far as my loyalties ya I was driving a BMW M3 so I do love BMW's but oh thats right I am driving an Infiniti G37S now so ya why would my loyalties be with an infiniti?

Dude, like I said I'm not going to argue with you. Maybe the car isn't selling well where you live and maybe that means it's not a popular car in your area. I've heard just as many stories of places where it is selling well and where dealers are still getting MSRP or above. Like I said, the dealership where I bought mine only had 2 and apparently they've been selling very well there so it is what it is. Personally, I could care less if everyone else on the planet dislikes the car because I like it and that's all that matters. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Seems to be a lot of Neg. / Hate towards G37s...