Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome aboard!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:45 PM
coladin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post and of course it should start with my test drive of a G37S. I had test driven many cars and narrowed it down to the Infiniti or the 335i coupe.

Both cars are great and there really is no loser here.

The BMW is fast, handles great and has everything you would expect in a BMW. I was really blown away how fast it was and how fast it felt. I drive a 2005 Mustang GT which is no slouch and came away very impressed with the power of this car.

The Infiniti felt quicker than the G35 coupe. I was supposed to get a G35 coupe back in 05 but I ended up going with the Mustang because:

1. The Mustang was much faster
2. It sounded a heck of a lot nicer
3. The Infiniti interior simply did not live up to its price
4. The ride was punishing
5. I was not impressed with the build quality

So now the Mustang is almost up, 3 years of excellent ownership. I decided to give Infiniti another try and was completely impressed with the transformation

1. The Mustang is not much faster
2. The Infiniti sounds awesome, great exhaust sound
3. The interior is beautiful, with lots of features
4. The ride was much improved with excellent compliance over bumps
5. Everything seemed to be built tight and with top notch materials

So it turned out to not being such a difficult decision. Sure, the Infiniti was cheaper but honestly I can get whichever car I wanted. And I wanted the Infiniti. Why? I want to buy a sports coupe, not a sedan that has two less doors. For all the praises and hosannas of the 335i, I beleive first and foremost a sports coupe should look the part. The Infiniti is simply a beautifully shaped car that turns heads. The BMW is nearly invisible and if it weren't for me being a car nut, it could easily pass for a Honda Accord coupe. I like to be in a coupe that is eye catching. I like the attention. I loved it when I got my Mustang where the response in the spring of 05 was simply unbeleiveable. I liked it and I am not ashamed to admit it. I think all guys like it when their cars are noticeable.

So there it is, BMW is great but looks boring. And I don't give a damn about their Teutonic ways and their cars being all about performance. The Infiniti is beautiful and am looking forward to driving my Ivory Pearl/Graphite G37s 6MT in April when it arrives.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:01 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Congratulations on your decision and welcome to the forum Coladin.