Sponsored By:

Test Drove a G37S 6MT today

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
WasabiPossum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limited Slip Differentials

Originally Posted by go4gr8
Looks like this is a big man's car! Only for people over 6'0"!!

I also want to add that I was eyeballing the Porsche Cayman S since early February. I even got to test-drive it in Atlanta. But because of the little guy coming and my need for an upgrade, I am seriously considering the G37S.

I'll still get the Cayman S - maybe when it has a worthwhile turbo and LSD in it.
I just don't see how Porsche would NOT make LSD standard in a Cayman of ANY description. In this price category, it's just inexcusable. My opinion, of course. I owned two 356Cs years back. Still love Porsches; don't love the $$$.

Also, VW doesn't have it in the GTi, another inexcusable in my book. The bean counters must be at work. Aftermarket LSDs are $$$ and not simple to install; read this on one of the VW forums.

Hooray! X 2, Infiniti, for demonstrating the smarts to have it on "Our Cars!"
(G37 IP/Graphite coming in Springtime, 2008 )
Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
GoofyG

a repeat of a post in another section, but incase someone cared:

I love this car. Every time I look at it I can't believe how great it looks. pictures do not do it justice. It handles like on rails, although I like fast corners better with the VDC off, can swing the rear a bit. The ride is very comfortable with normal driving.

The things I really like that I've not seen mentioned:
The seats are amazing! besides the normal changes, you can electronically move the thigh supports, lower back side cushions, lumbar and you can move elongate the seat .(probably sport only)
The second feature that was an unexpected surprise was the passenger seat can be moved forward or back by easily accessible buttons on the drivers side on the passanger seat.

The only issue is there is vibration in my rear view mirror that I don't like.

Other issues mentioned :
The shifter has some vibration, but I like it. not unobtrusive but feels right.

I'm 6'3" talk and have no issues with fitting in this car. My head comes close, but doesn't touch. Luckily the arm rest works for me.

All and all I am very happy. I think this Blows my 350 Z away!!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 PM
DRod

Originally Posted by GoofyG
I'm 6'3" talk and have no issues with fitting in this car. My head comes close, but doesn't touch. Luckily the arm rest works for me.
Good point. One thing I forgot to mention in my review is how I had no trouble fitting in this car...and I'm 6'6".
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
mhfnet

Is it just me but does the G37 seems more comparable to a BMW 650 than a 335 in terms of size, features, and handling? This was based on driving all of them, which makes me think the G37 is even more of a bargain than I thought.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:28 AM
GregH

I just wanted add a little exerpt from my driving experience in a BS 6MT Sport, Prem.

I've had the privilege of driving 1 nice car in my life, due to a boss who felt that he owed it to people less fortunate to let them enjoy something special. I drove a Viper RT/10 2001, and GTS 2001, and both of those cars blew my socks off. I got to drive the rt/10 for a long road trip, and alone, so needless to say I pushed it hard and really got to see what a solid performance car can do.

Fast forward a bit.. I've been driving a 2003 neon for a while now, just graduated from college and started working. When I went to the dealer to give the car a shot, I wasn't expecting much as far as speed. After seeing/feeling the viper 0-60 in 4.0, 12flat quarter, I figured I wouldn't be impressed with the pull of the g37.

I was mistaken. After I got off the ****ty roads by my dealer and got it onto a back road, I let her rip from a stop sign full blast, minus topping out the rpms. I didn't want to ruin it for someone who may buy that car, so I kept the max at 6k. That car has some grunt. I was really surprised. Maybe its been the year or so driving a neon, but the g37 had a large amount of torque and gave me that great feeling of having a car that is ready for everything I put at it. I was just very impressed with its handling, its launch, and especially its ability to pull at 60mph in 6th gear. I thought that was reserved to vipers...

Anyway, great car. I can't wait till this new year. I get VPP pricing through my work and will possibly buy the car. Maybe someone can answer this for me, is VPP below or above invoice? Also, what options do you have if say...3 years down the road, after your half way done with a loan, you decide you want to sell it. Do you just sell the car, pay off the loan and move on? That simple? As much as I want to buy, I am starting to think that a lease is a better idea because will I still be as happy with the performance of the car 6 years from now?

Last edited by GregH; 10-13-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Nice

Damn Driver Elite is your avatar you're gf she's almost sexy as the G

Anyways I thought the ride was refined - the friction point in the cluth takes a lil more time to get used to when compared to Toyota's and Hondas (eg s2k) but that's the beauty of Nissan Motors - they pack a lil more juice.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:35 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ anyone who says the g37 is feminine is crazy. Couldnt picture a girl driving one at all. I love my G and cant wait until the cobb comes out so i can snap off one of those 335I's and see the look on his face.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Test Drove a G37S 6MT today

Went to test-drive the G37S 6MT today...

I won't say much, other than the Interior is definitely up to par (I have the 07 Sedan so I'm already used to the interior etc)

The seats are very nice. They are very supportive.

The car is fricken HOT in person. WOW! LOVE IT.

Power is good, good enough for me at least. Better than my 03 Coupe by far. Very quiet ride, very smooth shifting 6MT transmission.

Overall, I prefer the G37S over the 335i Coupe. I'm pretty sure I'll be trading my 03 Coupe for one soon.

ANyways, G37S FTW!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
agree, the car is hot in person. cannot wait to get mines, whenever that be.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
M.I.A. BlazinVQ

So I went to get my oil changed today on my G35 coupe and I asked one of the salesmen to get me a test drive on a G37.

Auto or Manual?

Auto!! LOL since I already have the 6MT in the G35 I thought 'hey why not see what the auto is like'. There's always a next time too for the 6MT

Since most of you already own a G37, I'll just throw in my .02 ; The interior is sooooo beautiful, it's a great step-up from the 35. The paddle shifters are really fun (not as fun as my 6MT, but fun nonetheless) and acceleration is great. The bad thing, though, is that this acceleration wasn't much difference to the previous gen. One huge improvement, though, were those brakes! I tapped the brake pedal and the bite was incredible! Handling was great for such a pig, LOL, and the steering at parking garage speeds required much less effort. The exhaust note was a bit different, too, I dont know how to describe it, but when I jumped in my G35 I was happy again.

Overall I think its a great, and after seeing some pics of the modded ones, I want one!! But I'll pass, my car is still basically new (3K miles). Well, there you go, my .02, next time I'm at the dealer for service I'll ask for the 6MT.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when you stated the exhuast note was "a bit different" hows was it diff i kno its hard to describe. Does it still pur like the g35 and the fx. Or did it loose it. I kno the g35 sedan (07). Doesnt sound anything like the g35 coupe or fx. Does the g37 still have it or did it also loose it.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
M.I.A. BlazinVQ

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
when you stated the exhuast note was "a bit different" hows was it diff i kno its hard to describe. Does it still pur like the g35 and the fx. Or did it loose it. I kno the g35 sedan (07). Doesnt sound anything like the g35 coupe or fx. Does the g37 still have it or did it also loose it.
sorry for the month long wait but i dont frequent the G37 forums as much. i mean different as in its a completely new sound. everything is more subdued , especially with the windows up, and during WOT its very subdued also. its hard to describe the difference, but the purr of the g35 is mostly gone on the g37, or at least you have to listen very closely to be able to hear it.

BTW you might've heard the exhaust already in the time it took me tell you, so if you did, just disregard that.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
test drove it this weekend, much better then the sedan. I love it. Thing is beast. The a$$ drops then its GONE lol. IT purs the thing is some machine
Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
vINCe_Inc

went to the dealership today to 'test drive' , damn lady asked me nicely to come back another day when the roads are 'drier' so that i can test the 330 hp of the car. =(
go figure !
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
BigSwede

Drove the G37S today :-)

I will be buying one on Saturday. I did the test drive today.......OMG what an awesome ride. Although I will have to say goodbye to my 06 G35 sport sedan.....bye!

Quick Reply: Test Drove a G37S 6MT today