Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

370GT Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
lolo300zx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
370GT Impressions

Finally got over to Nissan yesterday to test drive the new 370GT in both automatic and manual versions.

I will say that I agree with what most of the others have posted about the improvements to the car in general. I love the new clutch and its shortened pedal travel. It seems much less grabby than my 350GT and much easier to modulate. Within a minute it seemed like I was able to drive it smoother than my 350 after nearly 3 years. Also found the 6-speed to be more user-friendly. It was smoother when shifting and required less effort when shifting, my wife should be less intimidated when driving the new car car.

I checked out the side view camera and found it interesting to say the least. I can say for sure that it is for use when parking or when navigating the narrow streets of Japan. Pushing the button up near the navi screen brings up the view and there is a line that is parallel to the center line of the car and then another line bent at 90 degrees to show the front end of the car. I can see me using this feature as I try to inch by cars on the road, always been a guessing game, now this will give me more confidence that I am not going to bang mirrors with a car parked on the road or rub my wheels on the curb while trying to sneak by someone on their left.

I asked the sales rep about whether the navi system had a bilingual mode and of course he didn't know. I will do some searching around myself the next time I am at Nissan, and see if I can find out for those of you who were interested. Just a little more patience please.

Found the car to be much quieter than my current car. Not sure if its because of the Fujitsubo exhaust I have on my current car, but thought the engine noise inside the cabin was much less. On one hand kind of disappointing, but also like the muted sound of the engine, gives it a much more upscale feeling.

Overall I came away quite impressed and look forward to hammering out the deal so that I can get mine on order. Really look forward to having a new ride, hopefully in time for Xmas.

Sorry I couldn't give a more complete review, but like I said some of the other posters have done a very good job of giving impressions. But I do look forward to hearing from anyone who has questions about the JDM car.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Skyline 370GT seems cooler than G37 for some reason. so is it badged as an infiniti or nissan still?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
ChOy BoY

yea it does seem better..do u hav any pics u could post?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 AM
lolo300zx

Sorry, didn't get any pictures, but one of the other users was kind enough to post some pictures of a few options we have here in Japan in another thread. I think they are under the thread '08 SCoupe.

And there is no Infiniti in Japan. So I get stuck with the Nissan Hamburger badge on my rear end and airbag cover. On my current car I took off all the Nissan badges except for the airbag cover and just left the Skyline badge on the rear end.

Not sure what I will do with the new one. Might take off the Nissan and 370GT badges again on the rear end.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 AM
bruddahmanmatt

Originally Posted by cvt
Skyline 370GT seems cooler than G37 for some reason. so is it badged as an infiniti or nissan still?
Badged as a Nissan in Japan.

The side view camera available on the car in Japan is totally dope. Very similar to the aroundview monitor which will be debuting here in the US on the EX. Japan gets all the cool options.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 AM
Juan-g35

hey thanx for the review. i can't wait to drive the 350gt myself. that right hand driving is gonna be totally crazy for me. i can see myself using those side mirrors a lot until i get used to everything. and really find out if the navi is bilingual. if not it would be pointless unless i always have some japanese chick in my car translating for me..........oops did i say that?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Juan-g35

oh just a thought. would american aftermarket parts, like from like stillen, etc. work on the JDM version or would i be stuck with whatever is hot in japan?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Juan-g35

oh yeah and for those that wanted to see pix, i'll save yall the hastle of doin a search on yalls own.....
http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/200...ine-Coupe.html
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 AM
nemoid

side view camera? sweeeett....

congrats on the purchase... are you going to get the peanut butter leather?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
lolo300zx

Nemoid-san,

The peanut butter leather is only available with the A/T, and while I was impressed with the A/T car, just can't live without shifting for myself. So because I chose the M/T I don't get the nice leather or the wood interior.

Juan G35-san,

I would think that most of the aftermarket products from the US will work on a JDM car. The ECU or other products related to the engine or navi may not work, but most other bolt on parts should work with no problem. Intakes and exhausts are universal, as far as I can tell.

Really looking forward to getting the car, but still have to wait to sign the papers. And they are telling me it is going to take more than the regular 2 weeks to get the car built and shipped down to Nagoya. Apparently the popularity of the car in the US has created a bit of a back up at the factory and according to the sales guy they have even stopped production of the sedan for a while. He mentioned that they were doing some sort of minor change on the sedan, but wasn't sure what it would be. If I find anything out about the change I will be sure to post it.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cant wait for the pics to b posted i never came across them. where they ever realesed?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Juan-g35

Originally Posted by lolo300zx
Nemoid-san,

The peanut butter leather is only available with the A/T, and while I was impressed with the A/T car, just can't live without shifting for myself. So because I chose the M/T I don't get the nice leather or the wood interior.

Juan G35-san,

I would think that most of the aftermarket products from the US will work on a JDM car. The ECU or other products related to the engine or navi may not work, but most other bolt on parts should work with no problem. Intakes and exhausts are universal, as far as I can tell.
oh well thats a good thing with the parts. But WTF?! I want that PBJ leather!!!

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
cant wait for the pics to b posted i never came across them. where they ever realesed?
observe 3 posts up...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 PM
mistral

Originally Posted by lolo300zx
Nemoid-san,

Juan G35-san,

Really looking forward to getting the car, but still have to wait to sign the papers. And they are telling me it is going to take more than the regular 2 weeks to get the car built and shipped down to Nagoya. Apparently the popularity of the car in the US has created a bit of a back up at the factory and according to the sales guy they have even stopped production of the sedan for a while. He mentioned that they were doing some sort of minor change on the sedan, but wasn't sure what it would be. If I find anything out about the change I will be sure to post it.
you mean the G37 and 370GT come out of the same factories in japan? i thought G37 would be locally produced in US.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 PM
N50

Originally Posted by mistral
you mean the G37 and 370GT come out of the same factories in japan? i thought G37 would be locally produced in US.
Nope. Tochigi, Japan.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 PM
SilkeG

I guess 370GT is a bigger number so sounds cooler than G37. The decision to go either way is likely market driven and tailored to local buying perceptions. Maybe 370GT might have looked too close to a possible future 370Z.

The Nissan logo does have smilarities to a number of hamburger eats here, we have a lot more of these; the Mount Fuji Infiniti logo is definitely nicer looking.

It's interesting why they chose Infiniti lettering on the back of the G for this side of the Atlantic and Skyline (rather than Nissan) in Japan. The Infiniti looks fine and I suspect it's to gain brand recognition here, whereas the Skyline moniker isn't as well known on this side except maybe for enthusiasts.

I understand why people may rebadge to Skyline here, but I've seen pics of Skyline owners going the other way, likely just to be different. I doubt they view Infiniti as higher end than Nissan because Infiniti doesn't exist there.

Quick Reply: 370GT Impressions