Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'08 SCoupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The side markers are not available in the US. But they are the same ones used on the 350GT in Japan.

Originally Posted by anotha
how much would those side markers cost to install on?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 PM
ABQG35c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
yuckers to the cloth seats.
What's cloth seats? :P
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 AM
lolo300zx

Hey guys,

New to this board, and just wanted to give a bit of info on the Skyline370. I currently own a 350GT and am planning on upgrading really soon. The 370 just went on sale last Tuesday 10/2/07 and I have been busy pouring over the catalogs and webpages. Going to take a test drive of both the A/T and M/T versions next Tuesday and am looking forward to putting in my order for my new car. I am really happy that we finally get the Infiniti clock. I was really disappointed when my 350 only had the JDM digital clock.

As for the cloth seats, they are the standard and S models. The P and SP models get the leather, and from what I can gather only the A/T SPs get the Fauve leather with the optional wood trim. Really dig the color combination, but can't get it with the 6 speed, and I must have the 6 speed.

The side marker lights are a requirement in Japan. They were present on the 350 because of the placement of the blinker in the front bumper, but are back for the 370. I really don't like them at all. Had the same thing on my Fairlady Z and hated them, but won't let them stop me from buying this car.

Other than that I don't know what else is different from the JDM and US models, save for RHD vs. LHD. We here in Japan also finally get all the horsepower that our American brethren get to enjoy. Oh, but I guess we still get to deal with the stupid speed limiter.

Thanks for listening and contact me if you have any questions about the Skyline 370. And I will be sure to post pictures once my new one arrives.

lolo300zx
Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 AM
SilkeG

Welcome and thanks for the info. Now we know why there are differences. Side markers can look good if done right and fitted to the right car, oh well.
You get 4 versions (standard, S, P, and SP)? Look forward to hearing more of the Skyline 370.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
lolo300zx

SilkeG,

My pleasure about the info about the 370GT. Pulled out the catalog to get a better look at the different grades. Below is a bit of a breakdown:

Standard - A/T only, Cloth seats, Non-sport bumper (3,696,000 yen)

Type P - A/T only, Leather seats, Non-sport bumper, powered tilt/telescope wheel, Memory seats, heated seats, Rosewood/Fauve interior option (4,011,000 yen)

Type S - A/T or M/T, Sports package, 4 wheel steer, Paddle shift on A/T, Aluminum pedals, LSD rear Differential, Powered Tilt/telescope wheel, cloth seats, (4,179,000 yen A/T, 4,116,000 yen M/T)

Type SP - A/T or M/T, this package combines all the luxury and sports bits from S and P, so too many things to list, (4,473,000 A/T, 4,410,000 M/T)

Was thinking about one other option that the JDM cars may have. If you order the Navi you get the rear camera, but also a camera in the left side mirror to aid in narrow streets and pulling out from blind intersections.

Oh and thanks for welcoming me to the board. Was a regular lurker on the G35 site and have enjoyed reading everyone's impressions of the new car. I look forward to my test drive next week and will let you know my impressions.

lolo300zx (and maybe its time to change my user name soon)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So the fully loaded SP model with M/T (equivalent to the US 6MT Sport with prem/nav/tech/spoiler/4WAS) is only $37,646.77. Here the same model is $44,665. I actually dont think that price difference is so bad considering the actual transportation cost of importing it and the customs duties involved.

I wish we got the side mirror camera. those would be awesome. I'm glad we don't have the side markers though; just not my personal taste. But you can best believe that if they are on the Japanese models, there will be lots of folks here that will be cutting holes in their fenders to install them. After all, if they are on the JDM cars, they must be great and probably boost your HP by 15 or so.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lolo300zx
Hey guys,

New to this board, and just wanted to give a bit of info on the Skyline370. I currently own a 350GT and am planning on upgrading really soon. The 370 just went on sale last Tuesday 10/2/07 and I have been busy pouring over the catalogs and webpages. Going to take a test drive of both the A/T and M/T versions next Tuesday and am looking forward to putting in my order for my new car. I am really happy that we finally get the Infiniti clock. I was really disappointed when my 350 only had the JDM digital clock.

As for the cloth seats, they are the standard and S models. The P and SP models get the leather, and from what I can gather only the A/T SPs get the Fauve leather with the optional wood trim. Really dig the color combination, but can't get it with the 6 speed, and I must have the 6 speed.

The side marker lights are a requirement in Japan. They were present on the 350 because of the placement of the blinker in the front bumper, but are back for the 370. I really don't like them at all. Had the same thing on my Fairlady Z and hated them, but won't let them stop me from buying this car.

Other than that I don't know what else is different from the JDM and US models, save for RHD vs. LHD. We here in Japan also finally get all the horsepower that our American brethren get to enjoy. Oh, but I guess we still get to deal with the stupid speed limiter.

Thanks for listening and contact me if you have any questions about the Skyline 370. And I will be sure to post pictures once my new one arrives.

lolo300zx
I think the side marker looked really good on the Z33 Fairlady Z just dont like them on the 370gt
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So the fully loaded SP model with M/T (equivalent to the US 6MT Sport with prem/nav/tech/spoiler/4WAS) is only $37,646.77. Here the same model is $44,665. I actually dont think that price difference is so bad considering the actual transportation cost of importing it and the customs duties involved.

I wish we got the side mirror camera. those would be awesome. I'm glad we don't have the side markers though; just not my personal taste. But you can best believe that if they are on the Japanese models, there will be lots of folks here that will be cutting holes in their fenders to install them. After all, if they are on the JDM cars, they must be great and probably boost your HP by 15 or so.
Great safety feature.. is how i see it. Helps alert others to your lane changes.... oh wait, i fotgot... these days ppl are lazy and dont signal anymore *sigh*

Prolly would help avoid confusion and swerving when you and a car two lanes away both wanna change to the empty lane between you both.

Soooo... that's just a diff point of view on side markers. Great for me and my driving style with constant lane changing

Nice lookin safety feature + 15 whp, whats not to love!?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
SilkeG

I'd definitely like to hear more about this side mirror camera. I wonder if it could be used to address driver's side <a href="https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2230470#post2230470">Blind Spot</a>, or to avoid curb rash.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
anotha

i would like to see a picture of the cameras. I know they were looked into with the coupe concept.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
lolo300zx

With regards to the side markers, I agree that they can help to notify people that you are changing lanes, but only if used. However, I think one of the reason that they are required in Japan is because of the large number of pedestrians and bikes. Having a blinking light on the front fender does tend to help people realize that you may be turning in front of them and what not.

For the side mounted camera, I will find out how it works on the test drive. From what I can gather it seems to be facing forward, which in the land of narrow roads makes good sense. Many of the streets have really deep gutters without any grate to prevent your wheel from dropping in, and I would imagine that this is a feature to prevent getting any kind of rash on your car. Plus this car in Japan is really marketed towards guys in the 40's and 50's, and many times they seem to appreciate the added assurance that they aren't going to bang up their car.

Its killing me that I have to wait until next Tuesday to drive the car, but in th mean time I am making a list of all the things to check out for y'all.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
lolo300zx

anotha-san,

Tried to pull a picture from the website, but can't do it so will give some instructions on how to find it on the website.

Please go to: www.nissan.co.jp

The page should open up with the Skyline so just click on the car. This will bring you to the Skyline page. From here click on the brushed aluminum button #5. Then click on the 4th picture that shows the traffic cones. This will link to a quick video that shows how the camera works and is the first of 2 photos, click the right or left arrow and this will bring you to a picture of what the camera looks like.

Hope it works, and sorry I couldn't post the photo, if someone know how, arigato in advance.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
SilkeG

Thank you. Good videos and illustrations there. I think I like that side mirror camera. Useful to avoid curb rash, but needs adjustment to see the back wheel though. Reminds me of race cars like F1 or maybe NASCAR where they may put a camera on the side, only it's angled higher to see other cars and the road further ahead.

Last edited by SilkeG; 10-10-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 PM
anotha

Thanx lolo300zx. I was under the impression the camera was for the rear blind spot. I see it is looking ahead rather then behind. i must say the Japanese are very intuitive when it come to technology. I belie you also have the rear view camera as well?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
lolo300zx

Some more digging revealed that the camera is also infrared so that it can be used at night as well. Really want to see what that will look like on the navi screen. The camera also offers 2x zoom and will automatically turn off after 3 minutes. Now I just have to figure out how to turn it on.

Just more homework for the test drive.

Quick Reply: '08 SCoupe