Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

dealer wont let me test drive g37!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
metalhead115

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer wont let me test drive g37!

ok so i finally managed to find some time to go to the local dealer and check out the coupe. so first of all i walk in and there are no SAs in sight and this isnt a big dealership. so im wlaking aroudn for liek 10 minites and finally a SA comes ot me and asks me if i need help so i tell him im interested to lease the g37 so he goes ok its ognna be mid600s a month (keep in mind i didnt even tell him what trim, what options, how long the term, how much down, etc) at that point i was thinkign to myself "does this guy know what hes talking about?" i then ask for a test drive and he goes "we dont let anybody test drive the coupe" so my obvious answer was "how do you expect people to buy the car if they cant even test drive it?" so answers with "you have to place an order and when the car gets here you can drive it before you actually pay for it and if you dont liek it you can walk away" o and i forgot to mention he said they have a few in stock including a white one on the floor. at that point i just asked for a brochure and left. has this happened to anybody else? i dotn think any other dealer does that
Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
WasabiPossum

No Test Drive G37

This is 100% BS!

Find another Dealer, or report the salesman to the Gen. Mgr.and tell him straight about this nonsense!

I have NEVER had this happen in many years of buying different makes of cars.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where was this? That should be a good sign not to buy from there don't ya think? I sold cars once and the first thing I was told was never to prejudge anyone on the lot. How old are you? Maybe you looked young or something? Is this the only Infiniti dealership in the area?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
N50

Go to another dealership. I was able to test drive a G37 journey without asking for it. In fact, one of the manager asked me if I'd like to test it while waiting for the guys to finish servicing my FX.

That's ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
metalhead115

Originally Posted by Callaway
Where was this? That should be a good sign not to buy from there don't ya think? I sold cars once and the first thing I was told was never to prejudge anyone on the lot. How old are you? Maybe you looked young or something? Is this the only Infiniti dealership in the area?
lol well i am 19 but i service my fx there all the time and i even told the guy that i drive an fx.im definetly not buying from them. oh and its kings infiniti in brooklyn, NY
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
court

the SA didnt think you looked fit to drive the car.(ie- appearance) I get that a lot. im 23 and they think im just going in to drive the car for fun. but yeah go to the mngr and say you were going to get the car but b/c of that SA and the bad service I am going somewhere else.
good luck
Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That explains it. You got a salesperson that thought you were just some punk kid with no intention of buying anything. Definitely talk to the GM about this if you really want something done about it. That is ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
IP37

My dealership wouldn't let me drive one either.. not until last week anyway, when they got a few more in. They've probably gotten about 8 of them all together so they're trying to keep mileage off of them.. I think I'm the only person they let drive one so far. Guess he got tired of me asking
Old 10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Juan-g35

https://www.myg37.com/forums/northeast/173887-no-test-drive-for-me.html

i had to deal with some of the same bull ****. total waste of time.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
go4gr8

The salesguy I dealt with gave me a choice of driving the 6MT or th 5AT with flappy paddle shifting. I opted for the 6MT of course, remembering that once you go manual, there's no turning back! It's too much fun!

Time to go to another dealer, metalhead115, for buying and servicing.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
even if you're just 19 that's inexcusable..i know when i entered some dealerships they snickered at me because i looked so young (i'm actually 30). once they satrt to talk to you and figure out who you are and what you do for a living they liven up like a kid in christmans morning. car salesmen are blood suckers.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
metalhead115

this has never bene an issue before... back when i was 17 lol i saw a porsche dealership and decided to go walk in anc check it out bc i had a few minutes to kill. as im sitting ina gorgeous cayman s the SA comes up to me and goes "hello sir i see you are interested in the cayman would you liek to test drive it?" i was shocked! as much as i would have loced to drive it i was limited on time and had to leave. i guess thats why porsche is what they are today
Old 10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You need yto come to alberta where if your 19 chanses are you make 120k plus a year. I alays go into a dealer with ripped jeans and a old t shirt. Oh ya and I drive up in a 87 toyo (my winter beater until i killed it last week.) If the sales man takes me seriously I know he is a good sales man. If i get no help i go directly to the GM and say WTF? I'd have some fun with the dealership go back get upset. Your the guy with the money make them work a little. You work hard for your money so make them too.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
anotha

My local dealer said the same thing the week of the coupes release. They are now letting people test drive though.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM
N50

Originally Posted by metalhead115
lol well i am 19 but i service my fx there all the time and i even told the guy that i drive an fx.im definetly not buying from them. oh and its kings infiniti in brooklyn, NY
I'm 21...so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just roll with the punches and move onto another dealer. You're bound to find someone that will take you seriously.

Quick Reply: dealer wont let me test drive g37!