G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

dealer wont let me test drive g37!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
InspireAZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol I went to Infiniti of Serramonte with my friend. Pulled up in a C320 and went looking around the back..no one was there. Went inside and wanted to ask them when they would have more in stock. No one even looked at me. Not even one eye at me. I just took a brosure and left also. lol , wonder if they would notice me if i keyed their cars...damn bastards. I'm 19 also :X
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Carolina_g37

this happens to me everytime I got the Acura dealership to service my ederly mother's MDX. I'm 23. I look at the vehicles and walk around for some time and no one comes up. I see an older couple, or at least a pair of people come in, and they ask how they're doing, what they need help with, etc...

I sit there like wtf? Sometimes I want to go under cover with dateline and watch these ****s trip over their own words... this happened when i went shopping for a sofa as well at the furniture store. **** holes didn't know in the end, I bought an nice plush, leather Italiasofa. Imported from Italy. **** faces... Sad, just sad...

Last edited by Carolina_g37; 10-08-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
AlterZgo

Originally Posted by shumby
I alays go into a dealer with ripped jeans and a old t shirt. Oh ya and I drive up in a 87 toyo (my winter beater until i killed it last week.) If the sales man takes me seriously I know he is a good sales man. If i get no help i go directly to the GM and say WTF? I'd have some fun with the dealership go back get upset. Your the guy with the money make them work a little. You work hard for your money so make them too.
Why purposely go to the dealer trying to look poor and downtrodden? I just dress nice but comfortable and present myself professionally and every dealership I've been to recently - Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, BMW, Audi - have treated me very well and never refused me a test drive.

I don't consider being treated poorly and having to complain to the GM as "having fun". In fact, I'm all about getting in, doing one or a few thorough test drives and getting out as soon as possible.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it happens man. Dont worry about it. buy the car from there but use another associate so your SA knew what an *** he can make by not associating with everyonE!!!! wooo hoo college pays
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
volnedan

Yea it does, I was 24 when i bought my first coupe and I look young too so I got a lot of static from the only dealer in my city, so i drove 3 hours to Indiana to buy mine. F--k that, don't stand for it. That same dealer now kisses my @ss, and my current 06 was bought on my way to gym wearing t-shirt and basketball shorts.

Dude I stopped in the Benz dealership last week to test drive C350, and although I am 26 and rather young looking, I was dressed up on my way to work and the saleslady was a complete snob to me. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting her she asked what i did for a living. I just wanted to say I won the lottery. Jeez its not like I was test driving a 500SL...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:27 AM
MikeSimG37

im 16 and live in great neck new york

infiniti of manhasset

they let me drive both generation coupes and the sedan in my process of purchasing a car
Old 10-09-2007, 02:27 AM
w2870612

dude..Infiniti Dealer knew the demand for G37's high, so they got some cocky attitude. If you get a chance to visit So Cal BMW dealer , they will make you cry...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW is ten times worse in this regard. I practically had to beg someone to help me when I was looking at the 335's.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
IP37

I'm 22, funny when I go to the ford dealer, DRIVING A MUSTANG... park and walk around looking at cars and noone says anything to me, but as soon as I pull up to the Infiniti dealer and park they come outside to help me... and I was dressed like crap, just came from the shooting range so I probably smelled like powder too

I just don't get it.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I will agree that what has been described is unfair, look at it from the dealer's prospective. How many guys with no intention of buying are trying to test drive/rag out a car? In other words, for every guy like you that is seriously interested in buying a car, how many guys are there to have a little fun?

It's an unfortunate fact of life that appearance affects the way you are treated/perceived. Even at the prime age of "only" 49 , if I were to walk into a dealership after having spent a few hours working in the yard, I doubt seriously whether I'd get a ride either.

As dashingly handsome as I am, I walked into a Lexus dealer to check out an IS350 along with a guy in a suit (I was dressed in khaki's and a button down dress shirt). Guess who got attention first?

You want to take it to another extreme? Walk into a Victoria's Secret store at Christmas time in a business suit. Talk about customer service!!! HO, HO, HO!

Or is it Whoe, Whoe, Whoe?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:21 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Callaway
BMW is ten times worse in this regard. I practically had to beg someone to help me when I was looking at the 335's.
I've seen the same thing. It's the first thing that turned me off to BMW.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Infamous425

infiniti of kirkland has been great as far as letting me test drive their cars. a few times they have given me the keys and let me take the cars out myself for an hour. and the times the salesman came along he drives it harder than i do

been to the local bmw dealership 3 separate times, all 3 times nobody came to help me. one time there were 3 salesmen standing at the doorway doing nothing and still no help
Old 10-09-2007, 03:38 PM
johnsonhuang

next time, just tell him i want another SP...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
The Old Man

I just called my service mgr. to arrange for an oil change for my '06 G35 sedan tomorrow.
After letting me know they have free wireless connection and to bring my laptop while I wait, I told him I didn' t have a laptop. He said, we have computers you can use. I didn't expect that !
Anyway, I told him I just returned from vacation, and while in NY, I visited an Infiniti dealer and really liked the G37. He said you should take one out for a test drive when you come in.
I will take him up on that offer, as I wanted to see if I would like one.
This is my first post, and have enjoyed reading on this forum.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

I was 18 in 1982 and walked into a Toyota dealer interested in what was the revolutionary new Supra (for that year)... I had actually stopped and was looking at a Celica when this sales guy walked up and asked me not to touch it, I asked "why not", he said "Because you can't afford it"...

This sealed the deal; I drove to another dealer and bought a Supra (loaded sport model, 5 speed)... I drove over to the local dealer for my first service and the sales manager walked up and asked why I didn't buy it there...
I told him I couldn't afford to buy a Celica from him so why even try with a Sport model Supra so I went down the road... I then told him the story and he called the sales guy out to verify... The sales guy looked real stupid at that point...

I never saw that particular sales guy there again.

Stupid sales guys!

Quick Reply: dealer wont let me test drive g37!