Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Questions for owners of the G37

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 AM
FAST1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions for owners of the G37

Did Infiniti correct the problems that were on many G35s?

1. Clutch - lots of complaints about the G35 clutch. Has the clutch chatter disappeared?
2. Does the gear shift still vibrate?
3. It's probably too early, but has anyone noticed the uneven tire wear that was so prevalent on many G35s?
4. The biggest problem that I had with my G35 was the exterior paint. It just wasn't durable, and it scratched quite easily. Is the paint on the G37 more durable?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The clutch is a huge improvement over the the G35. I test drove both the 5AT and 6MT and noticed a huge improvement. I think questions 3 and 4 are too early to know at this time. I'm kinda waiting for that dreaded tire roar once the car gets more miles on it. Hopefully Infiniti fixed that too.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by FAST1
Did Infiniti correct the problems that were on many G35s?

1. Clutch - lots of complaints about the G35 clutch. Has the clutch chatter disappeared?
2. Does the gear shift still vibrate?
3. It's probably too early, but has anyone noticed the uneven tire wear that was so prevalent on many G35s?
4. The biggest problem that I had with my G35 was the exterior paint. It just wasn't durable, and it scratched quite easily. Is the paint on the G37 more durable?
I don't have any clutch chatter on my '04 and the gear shift vibration is very minimal. Nothing that would in any way bother someone.

I doubt the paint is any more durable but it may be a few more months before we get feedback from previous G owners of the new 37. It will be even longer before we'll know about the tire feathering. My guess is that will be corrected.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The paint on the G37 is much better than the G35 as reported by many people. It appears to be more metallic.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

I have driven on my share of gravel roads already (don't ask) and took one solid rock shot to my hood that sounded like a bomb going off. It left the tiniest paint chip. My rockers and behind the wheels should have had some nice chips as well due to the gravel I was on (you know the kind with a little tar, so that the rocks stick to your tires and then "fling" up to your rockers).

Anyway, there are no chips of any sort where I expected to see them, so I am going to conclude that this is some pretty tough paint.

See all the crap I go through to test things out for you guys! You don't have to give it the gravel test now 'cause Uncle Chi has done that for you

Gravel:

Questions for owners of the G37-gravel.jpg
Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
I have driven on my share of gravel roads already (don't ask) and took one solid rock shot to my hood that sounded like a bomb going off. It left the tiniest paint chip. My rockers and behind the wheels should have had some nice chips as well due to the gravel I was on (you know the kind with a little tar, so that the rocks stick to your tires and then "fling" up to your rockers).

Anyway, there are no chips of any sort where I expected to see them, so I am going to conclude that this is some pretty tough paint.

See all the crap I go through to test things out for you guys! You don't have to give it the gravel test now 'cause Uncle Chi has done that for you

Gravel:

Attachment 75878
You know Chi, you are really taking that chip pretty well. If it was my car, I'd still be rolled up in a ball on the floor crying!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks for testing the paint quality Uncle Chi!! Glad to know Nissan/Infiniti fixed this problem, and that it has been Chi tested and approved!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:00 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

The funny thing about that paint chip is it's like 3 inches from the edge of the Clear Bra.

The chip is tiny and all I gotta do is drop a couple small layers of touch up in there and it'll be all good. Really, tho, I think the paint is pretty tough.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
ivory37

The shifter only vibrates in nuetral. And the clutch is PERFECT
Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37

Gravel:

Attachment 75878
LOL, I was gonna ask to test the airbags but that would be excessive IMO. *knocks on wood*
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know. i hve put close to 2000 miles and got a nice rock scrap in my front bumper. I will get pics after i wash her. I get birds that poop daily on it. Quick detailer is no match.

Trust me, not happy.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
FAST1

My '05 G37's paint would scratch very easlily, so I had to take car when I washed and especially dried my car. On the other hand the paint on my wife's S4 could be abused and after three years, there wasn't a single scratch on her car. As a matter of fact she regularly took her car to automated car washes and never had a problem.

Other than that I had no real problems with my G aside from the gear shift vibrating at idle, and an occassional clutch chatter.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 AM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by FAST1
My '05 G37's paint would scratch very easlily, so I had to take car when I washed and especially dried my car. On the other hand the paint on my wife's S4 could be abused and after three years, there wasn't a single scratch on her car. As a matter of fact she regularly took her car to automated car washes and never had a problem.

Other than that I had no real problems with my G aside from the gear shift vibrating at idle, and an occassional clutch chatter.
You have an '05 G37??? Seriously, though, I had no problems with the paint on my '05 G35 (black). Was it perhaps limited to certain colors? What color was you '05?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 PM
ezra1973

i traded my 03 in for a g37 2 weeks ago. i had a silver g35 there wasnt one scratch on the car. i also ran it through the automated carwash pretty often as well.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
st1sj

so the clutch engagement is not as high as in the 07 G35 sedan?

Quick Reply: Questions for owners of the G37