Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Indication of Supply/Demand in your city

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
F1BY1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indication of Supply/Demand in your city

I am getting close to making a decison to replace my '04 G35 Sport Sedan. In St. Louis there are two Infiniti dealers, and the one I bought my G35 from years ago, told me to put a deposit down in May (which I did) to make sure I get a car this fall when the G37 is released. To my surprise over the labor day weekend, I visited both dealers to check the colors and test drive both versions of the coupe and found they have over 40 G37's in stock, for immediate sale! A mix of 6sp, sports, and journeys....it appears to be a slight buyer's market. I am not ready to pull the trigger for various reasons.

What have you found in your region/city?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:44 AM
IP37

wow.. i wish. the local dealer here has only gotten 2 in, and 1 was for the preview night
Old 09-03-2007, 11:49 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One dealer in New Orleans with an intial shipment of 12 cars. Only three have not been sold - none with Nav, only one with the Premium Package.

Pickin's are slim down here.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:58 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Only 3 cars currently on the lot at my dealer- 2 sport models and 1 non-sport- all of them BS or AG colors. There was a black one and a red one on the lot earlier last week but those were gone after about 2 days.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, 40 G37s between two dealers?

That is way more than any other dealer's allocations that I have heard. That should definitely work in the buyer's favor in your area.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:51 PM
nsv

Dealers around the Los Angeles county have many in stock -

Miller Infiniti - 5 in stock
Glendale Infiniti - 2 in stock
Santa Monica Infiniti - 14 in stock
Parkway Infiniti - 4 in stock
Metro Infiniti - 8 in stock
Thousand Oaks Infiniti - 12 in stock

Locations above are within 25 mile radius.

Riverside Infiniti - 7 in stock
Montclair Infiniti - 16 in stock
Tustin Infiniti - 12 in stock
Mission Viejo Infiniti - 10 in stock
Cerritos Infiniti - 20 in stock

Total - 110

Locations above are within 55 mile radius.

*Figures were taken directly from the dealer's website and then verified.

Last edited by nsv; 09-03-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Only one in stock at my dealer and as soon as they get them in or can order them they are sold. I ordered mine last week and they had to swing a deal with another dealer so I could get their 8th month build car so I would only have to wait until november to get mine. They wanted me to settel for one with every ting i wanted on it but it was pearl and IMO girl color. (And yes I know alot of you like that colo it is just not for me I still like the car and no i don't think your girly if you have one i can apprciate that you like that color.)
But i will hold out until november for my OB/black everything but 4WAS.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You must be kidding me right?

I'm 99% sure most of them will receive about 50 cars for August and September.

I am 100% sure about South Bay Infiniti.

By the way I did look at the Santa Monica, South Bay and Tustin's order sheet. So many cars on order!!

I was at Glendale on the weekend and they had about 15 cars on the lot. They did have a IP in the showroom and there was a $2000 markup on it. Couldn't stop laughing!! Good business strategy for sure!!

Originally Posted by nsv
Dealers around the Los Angeles county have many in stock -

Miller Infiniti - 5 in stock
Glendale Infiniti - 2 in stock
Santa Monica Infiniti - 14 in stock
Parkway Infiniti - 4 in stock
Metro Infiniti - 8 in stock
Thousand Oaks Infiniti - 12 in stock

Locations above are within 25 mile radius.

Riverside Infiniti - 7 in stock
Montclair Infiniti - 16 in stock
Tustin Infiniti - 12 in stock
Mission Viejo Infiniti - 10 in stock
Cerritos Infiniti - 20 in stock

Total - 110

Locations above are within 55 mile radius.

*Figures were taken directly from the dealer's website and then verified.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 PM
N50

The dealer here has three in stock. I'm surprised at that number considering the vast majority of G's sold here are G35xes. I have to go take the FX up for service tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can grab a test drive.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
benbo5

See thats what happens Infiniti when you price a coupe over 40K, to much inventory on your lots. Its not like it used to be with the G35's priced at 36-38K out the door. I bet you money Infiniti as whole is going to regret pricing this so high its to close to BMW country. They are going to hurt on this one, I've said it from the start. The G35's were at a good price point thats why they had the highest sales ever now people are going to think twice. Its a beautiful car but is it worth 42K eehhh makes me want to compare it with BMW first. But before there was no question about the G35
Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by benbo5
See thats what happens Infiniti when you price a coupe over 40K, to much inventory on your lots. Its not like it used to be with the G35's priced at 36-38K out the door. I bet you money Infiniti as whole is going to regret pricing this so high its to close to BMW country. They are going to hurt on this one, I've said it from the start. The G35's were at a good price point thats why they had the highest sales ever now people are going to think twice. Its a beautiful car but is it worth 42K eehhh makes me want to compare it with BMW first. But before there was no question about the G35
This is what consistently happens with the Asian marketing as they try and break into "new" territory. When the first Lexus LS was introduced back in the 1990s at about $35k, it was a no-brainer to grab this versus the competition they were going after (Mercedes). These were clearly under-priced, so over the years prices had to go up, and now the entire Lexus line of models are priced not much less than their original Mercedes targets. Consequently, there are many consumers I know who would still not get a Lexus when they can get a similar Mercedes for a bit more.

Same thing happened with the Acura TL in 1999. They were offering everything that Lexus ES model had for many thousands less. People were lining up to buy these and, again, they were clearly under-priced. However, over the years they have crept up closer in price to their original Lexus target so purchasing is no longer the no-brainer that it had been.

Which leads us to the G3x, which had clearly been under-priced compared with its target (BMW 3-series) and has now taken the leap in price. At about $40k (equipped the way most would want the car), it is no longer the no-brainer choice compared to many other nice cars now available in that price range.

This is the consequence of breaking into a market at artificially lower prices and then eventually having to adjust the pricing significantly upwards. The consumer has to give much more thought to what was once a no-brainer.

Doug
Old 09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
F1BY1

Agreed. And don't forget the G35 in 2003 had a substantial performance advantage (in addition to price) with the HP/TQ ratings of the VQ vs BMW's 3.0 liter. Now, with the TT 335i engine producing an incredible amount of TQ down low in the 1400 RPM's, it feels much stronger off the line than the heavier G37. It will be interesting watching the market share numbers from both coupes over the next 6-12 months.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i have a lot in stock -- maybe about 15 of them -- but we're just waiting on delivering them.... 9 unsold units though.... more are coming in quickly
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
i have a lot in stock -- maybe about 15 of them -- but we're just waiting on delivering them.... 9 unsold units though.... more are coming in quickly
For the love of god you should send a ob/black journet/sport/nav/tech/spoiler
to my dealer in Edmonton Canada so i don't have to wait until november for mine. LOL
Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
For the love of god you should send a ob/black journet/sport/nav/tech/spoiler
to my dealer in Edmonton Canada so i don't have to wait until november for mine. LOL
road trip! 9 hours from toronto going 55mph

Quick Reply: Indication of Supply/Demand in your city