G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Indication of Supply/Demand in your city

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 AM
ajabbari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was over at the Tustin Auto Center to drop my brother off at the Nissan dealer and decided to visit Infiniti Tustin to take a look at the G (and wound up test driving an IP 6-speed). They had more than 10 in stock maybe even 12, black, PG, and BS. Despite the seemingly high number on the lot the sales person indicated not to expect any major discounts on MSRP for another "nine months".

BTW, the test drive was great, I'm still not entirely sold on the car's new look however the overal package was very well put together. In short, it drove very well, a good mix of sportiness while still being able to provide a more comfortable relaxed ride when necessary.

Last edited by ajabbari; 09-18-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 PM
volnedan

I agree with all of you that the price increase was a BAD idea by Infiniti. There are 2 dealers in metro Detroit, within 30 miles of each other, and both have plenty of stock. I was thinking black, but at the dealer closest to me has 5 black, all loaded with nav and minimum price of $42k. There is maybe 1 or 2 amethyst graphite, 1 white, 1 athens blue, and 1 platinum graphite. So say about 9-10 that have been sitting on the lot since they arrived in late August.

My current 06 lease ended in Sep, but I had IFS extend it until Dec in hopes of VPP being available. With the slows sales and higher price, not to mention BMW dealer right around the corner, I'm hoping they will release the program at that time.

Like someone posted before, back in 04 nothing could compare to this car for $35k-$39k out the door, but now the gap has closed. The way I would price mine out is simply 6MT w/premium and maybe a spoiler, not to break the $40k mark. My current 06 is a 6MT with everything except nav and it was just a shade over $39k.

Who knows, maybe they'll come to grips in 2 months when it starts snowing here and the same cars from August are still on the lot :-)
Old 09-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Skankarella

I actually received a phone call on Thursday from the RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) on Thursday, saying that the G37 was approved for import into Canada, and that they'll be updating the actual list this week. Given the price difference, the current value of the dollar (the car got cheaper every day I didn't buy it!), and the waiting time to get the options I wanted, going to the States was a no brainer. I'll be picking up an Amethyst Graphite 6MT with Prem/Tech/Nav on Friday. I'm stoked!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by volnedan
The way I would price mine out is simply 6MT w/premium and maybe a spoiler, not to break the $40k mark.
Psst. Don't forget the $715 shipping and handling, which gets your spec'd car to $40,015, breaking your $40K mark.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
bocatrip

I've read on another forum about discounting in the California Area of approximately $2,000 off MSRP for an ordered car. This tells me that the G37 is not quite as hot as anticipated and that we can expect deep discounting in the near future. I don't think this is what Infiniti expected.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
F1BY1

The two dealerships in St Louis are not happy at all as to how poorly the G37's are moving here. They have over 40 on their lots and activity is 'sparse'. I could get ~ $2k off MRSP, but will wait until the new Audi S5 and Lexus IS-F come out to determine whether I am willing to pay more for the performance of a big V8 with gobs of torque, in early 2008. We will see how the coupes are moving when September shipments for Infiniti are released in about 8-9 days. My guess is they will be short of expectations, and with winter soon to settling in, discounts from MRSP will be standard fare IMO.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by F1BY1
The two dealerships in St Louis are not happy at all as to how poorly the G37's are moving here. They have over 40 on their lots and activity is 'sparse'. I could get ~ $2k off MRSP, but will wait until the new Audi S5 and Lexus IS-F come out to determine whether I am willing to pay more for the performance of a big V8 with gobs of torque, in early 2008. We will see how the coupes are moving when September shipments for Infiniti are released in about 8-9 days. My guess is they will be short of expectations, and with winter soon to settling in, discounts from MRSP will be standard fare IMO.
That's interesting that I too am waiting on the A5.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
F1BY1

The dealership I frequent, carries both Infiniti and Nissan, and I have bought five cars from the Internet mgr over the last few years (wife and daughters' cars and my G35).... which now also has an Audi dealership. He told me the S5's were already presold for Nov/Dec and suggest I wait until Jan/Feb to even get a test drive! The A5 will come out sometime around Feb/Mar supposedly. My contact also thinks the S5's will go for a few $k over MRSP for the early buyers. Funny he tried to talk me into one of the 2-3 GT-R's they think they will get next summer. List ~ $75k plus a 'demand mark-up' of $10k. I told him no thanks, I would get a new 911 for that.

I would also look at the IS-F, with a high performance V8 and upgraded sport shifting 8 Speed auto; some think the car will be close to the M3 in speed, i.e. 0-60 ~ 4.5 sec, 1/4 mile in low 13's at 106 MPH. Estimated HP ~ 410 and Torque near 360 lb-ft and the weight about the same as the G37 or 3700 lbs. Interesting times to be in a market for a sports/GT car to say the least.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by F1BY1
Interesting times to be in a market for a sports/GT car to say the least.
Yep .

As for where I live, the G37 is not selling well at all. But the dealers are not stocking up on them either knowing fully well the demand is low as winter is quickly approaching. I think they only have 2 cars in stock at a time so they don't need to sale below MSRP.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Comatose

Dude, that is SMOKING HAWT NEWS! I've been anxiously waiting since the day I pre-ordered it (and unfortunately had to let my first order go).

Any plans on how you'll enable DRL's?
Anyway, this really should go in this other post https://www.myg37.com/forums/buying-and-leasing/174328-detailed-guide-to-importing-cars-from-the-us.html

Originally Posted by Skankarella
I actually received a phone call on Thursday from the RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) on Thursday, saying that the G37 was approved for import into Canada, and that they'll be updating the actual list this week. Given the price difference, the current value of the dollar (the car got cheaper every day I didn't buy it!), and the waiting time to get the options I wanted, going to the States was a no brainer. I'll be picking up an Amethyst Graphite 6MT with Prem/Tech/Nav on Friday. I'm stoked!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Skankarella

Hi Comatose, fellow Vancouverite.

Posted in the other thread. I have a friend who's a mechanic who's going to be putting them in for me.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
miccon

which Houston dealer to go to? anyone got an answer?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:54 PM
moridin5

Sacramento Infiniti had I believe 4 on the lot. Only 1 had the majority of options on it, the others seemed to be a mix of the sport, nav, and tire upgrade package.