Sponsored By:

Indication of Supply/Demand in your city

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
SilkeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
road trip! 9 hours from toronto going 55mph
Do you get many customers from toronto / canada in general? How does that all work (docs, delivery/pickup, customs, tax, currency, inspection, warranty, etc.)?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
road trip! 9 hours from toronto going 55mph
Only problem Toronto is 3,455 km away fom Edmonton so 35 houres drivin streight throughat 100 KPM. OH well i'll just have to wait.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 AM
ajabbari

I just drove by Tustin Infiniti in Orange County and can verify they had at least 8 in stock in the front (who knows how many in the back or inside). A lot of black and platinum graphite. Both journey and sport. Looks like this isn't selling that well down here in Southern California yet. Maybe folks in other parts of the country who want one should plan a trip down here.

At this point I would already say it's foolish to be buying these at MSRP if you're in one of these saturated areas.... unless dealerships want to have a few dozen of these gathering dust by the holidays they will need to start discounting soon (if they haven't already).
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by ajabbari
I just drove by Tustin Infiniti in Orange County and can verify they had at least 8 in stock in the front (who knows how many in the back or inside). A lot of black and platinum graphite. Both journey and sport. Looks like this isn't selling that well down here in Southern California yet. Maybe folks in other parts of the country who want one should plan a trip down here.

At this point I would already say it's foolish to be buying these at MSRP if you're in one of these saturated areas.... unless dealerships want to have a few dozen of these gathering dust by the holidays they will need to start discounting soon (if they haven't already).
I concur. All black and platinum graphite...one red. Just stopped by last night to see if they had any brochures. Of course...they don't! Not that a brochure is a big deal..but how you going to get the cars first and not have brochures after 2 1/2 weeks! Ridiculous.

Anyways...it doesn't appear like the coupes are flying off the lots. Shoot...Infiniti might as well grant me my wish and apply the VPP now!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brochures Are in. I got mine yesterday but they have been in since the 1st.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 AM
mygiantcircle

Picked up a brochure at Gwinnett Infiniti in Atlanta. Pretty nice. I did not count, but there is a number of G37 on the lot.

Some kids were looking to buy a G37....overheard he has some credit issues...bummer...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:30 AM
mal_TX

Austin Infiniti in Texas seems 100% certain they will sell them all at list price for the foreseeable future. Totally unwilling to move on the G37 price.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Johnhw2

West Houston inventory

Originally Posted by mal_TX
Austin Infiniti in Texas seems 100% certain they will sell them all at list price for the foreseeable future. Totally unwilling to move on the G37 price.
Just drove by my dealer to check his visible inventory of G37. He has one on the show room floor and three in his back inventory lot, he is a pretty large sales volumn dealer. I would say G37 sales in Houston(at least the west side of houston) are going well. I traded in a 2003 G35c and believe I got a little under MSRP counting free maintenace provided by my dealer up to 2 years or 30k miles which ever comes first. This is his standard deal, the maintenace is included for all buyers for the same term.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Johnhw2

other inventory data?

This the low inventory I mentioned just above an exception or the rule. My dealer here cant get enough inventory.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 AM
a_paradigm

Thousand Oaks infiniti in So cal can't keep enough 'good' inventory. What you might see extra are either base models or just too common colors. I've talked to the T.O. dealers 3 times in the last 4 weeks and anything specific that I want is not guaranteed until mid October. Sport and base models on the other hand is a different story.

Last edited by a_paradigm; 09-12-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Orbie

Don't worry Shumby, it's the same here in Calgary, the dealer doesn't have any on the lots but the two demo models. Most deliveries are pre-ordered, there are probably 10-15 G37's running around in Calgary right now. I was #20 on my dealers list and I'm having to wait till end of this month for mine. I wish our dealers in Canada would get the volume they get in the states.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 PM
MrMichael

Originally Posted by mal_TX
Thats good to know, makes me just fine with waiting even longer. I flat out refuse to pay MSRP and am not going to bother if there is any indication that the dealer won't deal right out of the gate. I can wait. But I also have no problem pricing from houston to dallas and driving up there to get it.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Skankarella

Originally Posted by SilkeG
Do you get many customers from toronto / canada in general? How does that all work (docs, delivery/pickup, customs, tax, currency, inspection, warranty, etc.)?
I'm buying mine in the States, actually. Basically, you need to check the car against Transport Canada's list of admissible vehicles (the 08 Infiniti's aren't on it yet, they should be on by the end of the month) to make sure it's admissible. Once you've paid, the dealer in the States needs to fax the bill of sale to US customs 72 hours prior to you taking the car to the border, as well as providing you with a recall clearance letter.

When you get to the border, you need to go into the US Customs office, and have them stamp your original bill of sale. You then go over to the Canadian customs office, where you'll pay GST, duty (since Infiniti's are manufactured in Japan, they are subject to 6.1% duty), a $100 AC excise tax, and a $206 RIV fee (www.riv.ca). Once you cross the border, you wait until you get your RIV forms, at which point you can add the DRL's and take the car to Canadian Tire for its Federal inspection. With your completed forms in hand, you can then go to have the car registered (you might need an out of province inspection as well) where you pay the PST, if applicable.

If I recall correctly, that's about it. The selection in the states is better, not to mention the price being lower (esp. now that the dollar's at .97). Most dealers are familiar with the process, moreso if they're from a state which borders Canada. I did have one dealer in SF though who had no clue, and couldn't comprehend why I wasn't buying the car in Canada.

At any rate, I've talked to a few dealers, and as soon as the G37 shows up on the RIV list, I'll be heading down to get mine. I'm hoping to get it from an LA area dealer, as it's a good excuse to take a few days off work and visit friends of mine in that area. I'm still undecided as to colour though - AG or BO?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by Orbie
Don't worry Shumby, it's the same here in Calgary, the dealer doesn't have any on the lots but the two demo models. Most deliveries are pre-ordered, there are probably 10-15 G37's running around in Calgary right now. I was #20 on my dealers list and I'm having to wait till end of this month for mine. I wish our dealers in Canada would get the volume they get in the states.
Orbie is right.. Calgary, a city of over a million and growing only has ONE Infiniti dealer = NO competition. They are selling for MSRP and will not budge on the price. The same story is happenning in Edmonton as well. They know they will sell. I've tried calling into BC to the dealers there (1 in Kelowna and 4 in Vancouver/Victoria); none of them will budge very much and as of Sep 14th, there are only 2 G37s on the ground in all of BC. They are in the same boat as the rest of the dealers when it comes to delivery timelines as well.. 4 months from order.

Maybe it's time to see if I can order from Winnipeg or the dealers in Ontario and break in the car on the drive back to Alberta??
Old 09-17-2007, 01:48 PM
InfinitiSalesCA

Since Aug 16th we have sold 18 G37's and currently have 2 in stock.

Quick Reply: Indication of Supply/Demand in your city