G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Living with your new G37 (the good the bad and the ugly)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
ghideon
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
Dislike:

-thigh support needs to be broken in (sport). i can feel it relaxing as the days go by
-ipod cable loses connection too easily while driving. seriously, this happens a couple of times a day
-iphone can't send contacts. (not car's fault, but i still don't like it)
-seat heaters don't work correctly (i smell TSB)

What's up with the seat heaters? I've only tried em once and they seem to work. Hell, you're in Sac, the weather's been hot the last few weeks hasn't it?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
psteng19

Originally Posted by iansw
Just a note - the VQ Engine in the G35 also required Premium.

All VQs since the 1995 Nissan Maxima (first car with a VQ) have always required Premium fuel.
IIRC this statement is wrong.
VQ's can run on regular, premium is recommended.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:08 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the manual for my 1997 Maxima in front of me.

Says "Premium Fuel Required"

Last edited by iansw; 09-02-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:49 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iansw
I have the manual for my 1997 Maxima in front of me.

Says "Premium Fuel Required"

My 1995 Maxima SE was "Premium Only" too.

gurney
Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Memphoman

Originally Posted by joshknot
You've got a few options- the best (and most expensive) would be to buy TPMS sensors for your aftermarket wheels and have them mounted. Once they're on you'll need to pay the dealer to 're-pair' your new sensors to your car.

Or you do like I did all winter and ignore the light on the dash, periodically checking the pressure with a tire gauge.

I've actually heard of people going so far as to pull the bulb in their dash cluster that illuminates the TPMS warning light, but that seems a bit ridiculous.

Anyhow, your call either way- if you've got the $$$ new sensors would be the "best" solution.
why not remove sensors from old wheels and install them in UR new wheels, IF they put the sensors back in the same position(LF, RF...)then reregistration should not be required. New o-rings should be installed with the sensors, directtire actually has a $5 kit, o-ring, valve stem and stem nut...
Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ghideon
What's up with the seat heaters? I've only tried em once and they seem to work. Hell, you're in Sac, the weather's been hot the last few weeks hasn't it?
the fiance and i are about to head over to the dealership to make them aware of the three issues i have (so far).

1) the ipod cable doesn't make a good enough connection and will lose connectivity while driving.

2) for some reason my Volume down button on the steering wheel makes a click when pressed... none of the other buttons do this.

3) Seat heaters: as you said, Sac is hot, but my fiance is cold blooded. last night, she put the seat on HI and said she felt nothing at all. intrigued, i put the driver seat on HI as well... and felt nothing at all. We both put our seats on LOW and it heated up adequately for a LOW setting. as a test, we both changed from LOW to HI and the seats lost heat.

so apparently, the HI switch is not working. i'm taking the car to the service dept tuesday after work to have Lojack installed. at that time, i'll outline the issues and have them work on it.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Memphoman

another option I have heard about, put all old sensors inside the spare donut spare, air it up to about 40PSI. Also heard of putting all sensors in a piece of PVC, seal and pressurize and keep in trunk.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:24 PM
joshknot

Originally Posted by Memphoman
why not remove sensors from old wheels and install them in UR new wheels, IF they put the sensors back in the same position(LF, RF...)then reregistration should not be required. New o-rings should be installed with the sensors, directtire actually has a $5 kit, o-ring, valve stem and stem nut...
This is a pretty valid option as well- for the time and effort spent dismounting/remounting the tires on the stock wheels (and then doing it again later?) it never made sense for me for the winter, but when switching to aftermarket wheels for the long haul it's definitely a viable strategy.

I like the idea of throwing them in a pressurized PVC pipe, too...ha
Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM
peterbanks

Pic

ipod cable and cup holder were not well thought out (6mt). cant use both at the same time (easily) and because the cable is thick it pops out of the ipod or the car connection too easily.. not all the time.. but will at times.
Does someone with a 6mt mind posting some pics of what this looks like?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
ghideon
Premier Member

http://www.ghideon.com/g37/int

This will give you an idea. I don't have an iPod, so I haven't tested this much. But what's the problem with removing the cupholder, attaching the iPod and stowing it in the console?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:50 PM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by ghideon
http://www.ghideon.com/g37/int

This will give you an idea. I don't have an iPod, so I haven't tested this much. But what's the problem with removing the cupholder, attaching the iPod and stowing it in the console?
Thank You! ghideon I hope you don't mind that I used your pic for this question, but can't you just put the iPod in this compartment?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
caltender

Originally Posted by peterbanks
Thank You! ghideon I hope you don't mind that I used your pic for this question, but can't you just put the iPod in this compartment?

Sorry if this seems remedial but wheres the other end of the wire hooked up to?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 PM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by caltender
Sorry if this seems remedial but wheres the other end of the wire hooked up to?
If you look at the second picture in ghideon's gallery you will see it's not attached to anything at the moment. It attaches to the bottom of your iPod.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 PM
caltender

Originally Posted by peterbanks
If you look at the second picture in ghideon's gallery you will see it's not attached to anything at the moment. It attaches to the bottom of your iPod.
Ahhhh I see! Thanks!
so basically putting it in the compartment should solve the problem of it coming unplugged........yes?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 PM
peterbanks

That's what I'm trying to find out.

Quick Reply: Living with your new G37 (the good the bad and the ugly)