Sponsored By:

What's with these numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 PM
WRAH
WRAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's with these numbers?

I too have been eying a g37. I distinctly remember than when the g35 came out it was almost a year before you could see a line up at Infiniti. Even then people were still buying them of a list of due arrivals for MSRP. Infiniti of Columbus had two or three at a time and they would come and go.

Now the G37 ships and 12 show up at Infiniti, they sold 2 as of my last visit, and since then have 26 in stock. So are the production numbers a lot higher with this car? Is it less impressive than the 35? Or has the launch not taken full effect?

I do think now I'm going to wait another year, when the little things are worked out.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
The way I see it, the less G37's on the road, the better. I see about 3-5
G35 coupes on my drive to work (12 miles) on average.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm with you. i'd rather not see too many on the road. i see G35c's often enough, but i rarely see an 07 sedan... and i've yet to see another 37 besides me
Old 08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I think the uncertain economic future is affecting sales. Toyota and GM are both projecting a drop in sales this year. I would image that this may affect the auto industry on a whole.
This is good for those of us who may be in a position to buy now or in the near future.
The interest rates may also drop in the near future as well. So I think that people are in a "wait-and-see" status.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
frshgcoupe

At first you won't (for about a year or so) then you will start to see them. I see G35s allll the time, but it definately is a car i don't mind seeing. Its crazy how i have one and everytime i see one i break my neck to look, especially the 06 and 07's. Ill follow a modded one LOL! I can't wait to see a g37 on the road, im def. going to urge him on to punch it of course.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
bostonmerlin

the only coupe i see is on my way to and from work (going in opposite direction).. its a g35 driven by an older women. While driving around i might see one every few months or so.. I expect my g37 will be very exclusive for a long while to come.

I've been getting so many stares in this ride... just like my 04 coupe all over again!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
the only coupe i see is on my way to and from work (going in opposite direction).. its a g35 driven by an older women. While driving around i might see one every few months or so.. I expect my g37 will be very exclusive for a long while to come.

I've been getting so many stares in this ride... just like my 04 coupe all over again!
Same here. I was leaving a client's office yesterday and on the way out, two people were checking out the car and turned around to watch my drive by. On the way home, a guy in a G35C slowed down so I could pass him to see the car.

Last night I had a couple of bikers ask about it, and this morning the guy that's doing work on my house said to me "man, I hope I can have a nice car like that when I grow up"
Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 PM
SeismicGuy

Those of us that frequent this (or other) auto forums are probably the nut-fringe of the overall auto buying public. We are all chomping-at-the-bit to grab the new G37 and have convinced ourselves that we have to pay MSRP (or not much less) due to all of the interest and anticipation at this website.

However, keep in mind that a reasonably nicely equipped G37 is going to be in the $40k neighborhood. At that price, there is the new C-class Mercedes, the new Audi A5, lower-end BMW 3 series, and many other perfectly nice cars. I can easily see the "average Joe" car buyer shopping around for a sporty coupe and coming across the G37 and then wondering "hey, for that price I can get a Mercedes" or some other prestigious car.

When the G35 came out, this was not really the case but this segment of the market now has many more choices.

Doug
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
volnedan

^ I agree with this guy. When I got my first coupe in '04, it was obvious choice to get this car cuz nothing even came close in its price bracket. Drop dead gorgeous with 280hp and exclusitivity, it was a no brainer. Not to mention with my VPP discount I got a 6MT w/o premium for just over $32k out the door.

My current 06 coupe stickered at $39k, but with VPP and the 12 month lease deal, I made out like a bandit again. Now that the 3 series finally grew ***** and Infiniti raised their prices, the gap has narrowed and the choice isn't as obvious anymore.

I still consider Infiniti an upscale brand, maybe not as prestigious as MB or BMW, but still up there. Plus its nice to be different and exotic looking. To this day ppl still ask me what kind of car I have, and always give me compliments. The original G35c coupe was ahead of its time, and hopefully Infiniti can keep it up with the G37. We'll just have to wait and see
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
vbx
Banned

Like I said b4, the G37 is going to be a FLOP. And the 1 months sales proves it. Wait til they drop the price and file chapter 11.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Someone needs a diaper change.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Disasterpiece

Originally Posted by vbx
Like I said b4, the G37 is going to be a FLOP. And the 1 months sales proves it. Wait til they drop the price and file chapter 11.
Ummm, the car hasnt even been out a month???
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
SeismicGuy

Sales numbers

I recall a few years ago when I was researching for the Acura that we ended up buying that I found some auto website that listed monthly unit sales of virtually all makes and models. I can't find it now and was wondering if such a site still exists.

Doug
Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
MaximaPower

guess this car was over-hyped.....can't wait to see them drop the prices big time
Old 08-31-2007, 02:07 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the G37 is going to do so well at least to start. It would have done much better if it was released in the Spring or early Summer. It is getting closer to winter and not many people will be wanting a sports car at that time. I wonder how many G37's are sitting on dealership lots not sold? I am getting a G37 but I just don't see it selling that well except for us die-hard fans. I live in Colorado and there are not to many G35 coupes here that I see but a crap load of G35 sedans are all over the place.

Quick Reply: What's with these numbers?