G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What's with these numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Memphoman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti dealers, of which there are 2 here in Vegas, both are selling at MSRP+$4000, and have sold 26 thus far. They said I MAY get a better discount because of being a previous buyer.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:19 PM
SeismicGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Memphoman
Infiniti dealers, of which there are 2 here in Vegas, both are selling at MSRP+$4000, and have sold 26 thus far. They said I MAY get a better discount because of being a previous buyer.
But in Vegas people have money to burn--or at least it looks that way if they are willing to go above MSRP. Of course the dealer may be lying but that never happens
Old 09-01-2007, 01:25 PM
N50

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
But in Vegas people have money to burn--or at least it looks that way if they are willing to go above MSRP. Of course the dealer may be lying but that never happens
Right, Kenny? LMAO!

j/k
Old 09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by N50
Right, Kenny? LMAO!

j/k
Who is Kenny?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:43 PM
N50

Who is Kenny?
Sorry...should have been more specific. Da Mayor, salesman at Infiniti of Massapequa.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 PM
WRAH
WRAH

I was hinting they weren't selling well, I can't prove it. I'm just pointing out that the dealers in my area have a ton of cars in stock. Its feels like the car is in its 3rd year not 2 weeks.

This all could just be the car hasn't caught on in the mainstream public.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I hear ya man, it's a lot more expensive up here isn't it? I was able to negotiate $1200 off of MSRP on my 07 Sedan Sport at launch and it still tipped the scale at $59k and change. It's amazing how low the prices are south of the border are compared to us.
I actually didn't have time to go by the dealership today like I had planned. Anyone in Canada is willing to share? Yea, it's ridiculous how the manufacturers are taking advantage of us. If I can't get the price I'm looking for, then I'm just gonna keep my current ride as it still gets lots of attention (I admit it is modified). Or I'm gonna wait for the G37X, who knows now... Major decision to come.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
G4me

THe 1st three months allocation were sold early, so there is a lot of dealers thinking they will fly off the lot. I happen to agree, i think this car will sell at least as well as the sedan, percentange wise.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Johnhw2

Economy impacting sales

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I don't think the G37 is going to do so well at least to start. It would have done much better if it was released in the Spring or early Summer. It is getting closer to winter and not many people will be wanting a sports car at that time. I wonder how many G37's are sitting on dealership lots not sold? I am getting a G37 but I just don't see it selling that well except for us die-hard fans. I live in Colorado and there are not to many G35 coupes here that I see but a crap load of G35 sedans are all over the place.
Im in West Houston and have seen one other G37 on the road already here. I have a red coupe and had a 2003 red coupe as well, there are two other red g35 coupes on my street<G>. I agree the sales look slow compared to the original G35, but economy is skittish now, and car price is up $10k for the loaded ones I have had. I love the new one but can see the price and economy hurting the ramp up. Also, I must say, not many seem to notice this car compared to my original 2003 Coupe. I drive Infiniti's because of reliability, less common compared to Lexus and BWM's here, I prefer something less known to a "me too" type car.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
while i was at my dealership today getting things looked at, i asked how many have been sold. he said, "well, counting the lady driving off right there, and yours... 5".
Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnhw2
Im in West Houston and have seen one other G37 on the road already here. I have a red coupe and had a 2003 red coupe as well, there are two other red g35 coupes on my street<G>. I agree the sales look slow compared to the original G35, but economy is skittish now, and car price is up $10k for the loaded ones I have had. I love the new one but can see the price and economy hurting the ramp up. Also, I must say, not many seem to notice this car compared to my original 2003 Coupe. I drive Infiniti's because of reliability, less common compared to Lexus and BWM's here, I prefer something less known to a "me too" type car.
The truth is that I am kinda happy about the slow sales or what seems to be slow sales. I have a buddy at work who has a Nissan Skyline (the year before the G35 was released in America) and I like his car. I was going to get the 07 350Z but the Nissan dealership blew me off as someone who couldn't afford a loaded Grandtouring 350Z. I then found out about the G37 coupe coming out and decided to get it after I found out it was going to have the upgraded interior the sedan had. Hopefully these slow sales helps me to get a decent deal on my G37. It is suppose to be in this week. You have to love supply and demand.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM
ohseedee
Registered Member

If it turns out the G37 isn't selling well, I think its great. If true, in a couple of months the dealers should be giving large discounts. Also, who wants a car that everyone else has. One of the reasons (small reason) I didn't get the G35 was that so many people in southern California has one. I'm going to wait and see what prices look like in a few months before I make my decision to buy.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 PM
fabulustt7

i dont know if sales are slow or not but i finally saw an pg g37 yesterday and ob...my first 2 in one day. but the nearest infinti dealer is about 30 miles away from where i live so that could be why i have only seen 2 on the road
Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Potty_Pants

Those of us that frequent this (or other) auto forums are probably the nut-fringe of the overall auto buying public. We are all chomping-at-the-bit to grab the new G37 and have convinced ourselves that we have to pay MSRP (or not much less) due to all of the interest and anticipation at this website.

However, keep in mind that a reasonably nicely equipped G37 is going to be in the $40k neighborhood. At that price, there is the new C-class Mercedes, the new Audi A5, lower-end BMW 3 series, and many other perfectly nice cars. I can easily see the "average Joe" car buyer shopping around for a sporty coupe and coming across the G37 and then wondering "hey, for that price I can get a Mercedes" or some other prestigious car.

When the G35 came out, this was not really the case but this segment of the market now has many more choices.

Doug

part of why i purchased the 335i.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
part of why i purchased the 335i.
I just could not get to a decent comfort level to take the chance of trying a BMW again, let alone one that had turbos. Moreover, the 335i is still at least $5K more than a similarly equipped G37. As I have expressed elsewhere, even if the 335i was the same price as the G37, I would still have reservations due to (1) previous BMW experience (2) nervousness about turbos over the long haul.

Doug

Quick Reply: What's with these numbers?