Sponsored By:

What's with these numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
verbal_assassin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LMAO dude! And you know the sales numbers after it's first week of introduction how exactly?? But then again, I am familiar with your posts, so your comments don't surprise me in the least.
G37 isn't a hit. Face it. My co-workers talk about cars all the time. They care less about the G37. When the G35 came out, all we could talk about is, damn, we're gonna get one of those someday. And we all did. I got mine late 2006. Took a while but I got it.

When the Coupe concept came out, everyone was raving about it. They were like ***, why did we buy the G35? Damn.. etc etc..

Then, the "new" revised drawing came in and we all said WTF happend. And when the spy photos was released, we said the same exact thing.

Then, when we saw one, "blue slate" roll pass by us at the parking lot, we didn't even see the difference from the pictures. It was still ugly. And the interior, yes it nice, but nothing new. I mean, with the headlight recall and evertying, we all saw how it looked like with the new sedan. Give or take a few minor differences.

Last edited by verbal_assassin; 08-31-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal_assassin
G37 isn't a hit. Face it. My co-workers talk about cars all the time. They care less about the G37. When the G35 came out, all we could talk about is, damn, we're gonna get one of those someday. And we all did. I got mine late 2006. Took a while but I got it.

When the Coupe concept came out, everyone was raving about it. There were like ***, why did we buy the G35? Damn.. etc etc..

Then, the "new" revised drawing came in and we all said WTF happend.
Yeah, you're right, I need to face it........because after all your co-worker's opinions mean everything.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Yeah, you're right, I need to face it........because after all your co-worker's opinions mean everything.
LOL!!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
verbal_assassin
Banned

Let me guess, you also support Bush.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Don't start with the bullsh!t politics over here like you've done on Driver! And btw, if you had two eyes you'd see that I am Canadian!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
N50

Don't start with the bullsh!t politics over here like you've done on Driver! And btw, if you had two eyes you'd see that I am Canadian!
ROFLMAO!!!

Really??
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
N50

When the Coupe concept came out, everyone was raving about it. They were like ***, why did we buy the G35? Damn.. etc etc..

Then, the "new" revised drawing came in and we all said WTF happend. And when the spy photos was released, we said the same exact thing.

Then, when we saw one, "blue slate" roll pass by us at the parking lot, we didn't even see the difference from the pictures. It was still ugly. And the interior, yes it nice, but nothing new. I mean, with the headlight recall and evertying, we all saw how it looked like with the new sedan. Give or take a few minor differences.
Okay...what I really would like to know is how you and your co-workers can judge the sales of the G37 in this short of a span of time. The car was officially released, what, August 21st? You are going to judge a car's sales numbers in a 10 day span? You're kidding, right?

Anyway...I don't think we can really get an idea of what is going to happen with the G37 sales wise until next spring/summer.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
Okay...what I really would like to know is how you and your co-workers can judge the sales of the G37 in this short of a span of time. The car was officially released, what, August 21st? You are going to judge a car's sales numbers in a 10 day span? You're kidding, right?

Anyway...I don't think we can really get an idea of what is going to happen with the G37 sales wise until next spring/summer.
You really can't pay too much attention to people who come to the forum to troll, there is no logic to anything they say. You just have to learn to ignore them!!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
N50

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
You really can't pay too much attention to people who come to the forum to troll, there is no logic to anything they say. You just have to learn to ignore them!!
I know. I'm just curious how he came to his conclusions.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
O NO

Nah, can't be, is bush really runing for office in Canada too
Old 08-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
No ... I doubt it'll be in the high C$60k mark for a G37. I was over at my local dealership and the cars here are very well equipped in the "base" form. Pretty much the main difference is sport model (6MT ... starting a shade over C$50k) or auto tranny (C$48 xxx). Freight is C$1750 (I think). Between those models, the options are either navigation (C$2700) +/- 4 wheel steering (C$1300). That's what I roughly remember those packages cost. Even if you add 14% Ontario / fed gov't taxes, it'll be low-to-mid C$60k. Too much, compared to the US model, definitely, but not into BMW 335 or Porsche territory ...

I want to see what the CarCostCanada price is to see what the invoice is on this car. I also want to see when VPP pricing is available since I will be able to take advantage of it!
I thought it was gonna be a little higher due to little "hidden" fees like AC taxe. You're right, I have the MSRP sheet a dealer in Toronto gave me and it's $53850 AT sport with hi-tech package. It brings the car to $64K including freight and taxes (excluding other dealership fees). It's still very expensive for the majority of people here.

I'm gonna go see the car at the dealership tomorow and will ask for fun. I'm wondering if they even sold any since they got them about 2 weeks ago. If it doesn't sell well, I think it will be a good thing for everyone, it will give us power to negotiate a better price.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by Techuinang
I thought it was gonna be a little higher due to little "hidden" fees like AC taxe. You're right, I have the MSRP sheet a dealer in Toronto gave me and it's $53850 AT sport with hi-tech package. It brings the car to $64K including freight and taxes (excluding other dealership fees). It's still very expensive for the majority of people here.

I'm gonna go see the car at the dealership tomorow and will ask for fun. I'm wondering if they even sold any since they got them about 2 weeks ago. If it doesn't sell well, I think it will be a good thing for everyone, it will give us power to negotiate a better price.
I hear ya man, it's a lot more expensive up here isn't it? I was able to negotiate $1200 off of MSRP on my 07 Sedan Sport at launch and it still tipped the scale at $59k and change. It's amazing how low the prices are south of the border are compared to us.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:00 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by O NO
Nah, can't be, is bush really runing for office in Canada too
Nah, you can keep him.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
RBull

Too funny.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:07 AM
RBull

I hear ya man, it's a lot more expensive up here isn't it? I was able to negotiate $1200 off of MSRP on my 07 Sedan Sport at launch and it still tipped the scale at $59k and change. It's amazing how low the prices are south of the border are compared to us.
My '04 came in at about $54.4 with 1.5K discount.

Quick Reply: What's with these numbers?