G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What's with these numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:27 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Another thing to take into consideration are the trims/colors/options/packages that are installed on the G37s that is still on the lot.

Think of it this way: if you're going to buy a G37 or any car for that matter, are you just gonna buy any G37? No. Why? You want one with the exact trim/color/packages/options. For instance, I wouldn't want to buy a G37 that isn't Black Obsidian, not 6MT, and no Premium.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 AM
MaximaPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
Another thing to take into consideration are the trims/colors/options/packages that are installed on the G37s that is still on the lot.

Think of it this way: if you're going to buy a G37 or any car for that matter, are you just gonna buy any G37? No. Why? You want one with the exact trim/color/packages/options. For instance, I wouldn't want to buy a G37 that isn't Black Obsidian, not 6MT, and no Premium.
agreed...if u gonna pay sticker anyway, might as well order it the way u want it
Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Sukairain

I saw 7 G37 Coupes sitting in front of Tustin Infiniti last week. It's quite surprising because I remember when the G35 Coupe first came out, the dealerships couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for people to look at. In fact the dealership I got my car from had shortage of G35 Coupes to show people for at least 8 months after its release.

Looks like the G37 is not selling so well?

A quick look at the dealership pre-order list could have confirmed this long ago though. I was on the G35 Coupe pre-order waiting list for 11 month before the car came out. Doesn't seem like we are seeing anything like that on the G37.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:10 AM
ajabbari

Something about the G37 simply did not do it for me from the first moment it was unveiled. I thought the G35 was a great design and though with the 37 I did grow to appreciate certain aspects of the design over time. It was not the drop dead gorgeous and compelling car I was waiting for as a successor to the G35.

I think the bottom line may be that Infiniti may have miscalculated the audience it wanted to target with this car. Either that or they may have miscalculated how the car would be perceived by the general public. Personally I was looking for something sharp, unique, and current to replace the G35 (something with an unmistakable "wow factor").

There was nothing wrong with refining and improving the G35's rough edges a bit, but as a 27 year old potential customer I simply don't find the G37 a "must buy". The G35 would have been a definite "must buy" for me had I been in the market 3 or 4 years ago.

From the initial sales and these anecdotal accounts, I'm starting to think I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm not saying it's a bad car, I just don't see it pulling customers in droves. I live close to Tustin myself and this area in general has got to be the G coupe capital of the US. The fact that you'd be able to see a single G37 on the lot, much less 7, is a very bad sign for Infiniti. My guess would be that much as the G35 got a refresh to fix some of the material quality issues. This car will probably be getting a refresh within a couple of years to give it a bit more of an edgy image.

Last edited by ajabbari; 08-31-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Techuinang

Right now I feel the main factor is the price, especially in Canada. I'm gonna head up to the dealership this week-end and try to figure out how much they're selling the fully equiped version out the door. With our high taxes and all the stupid additional cost, I won't be suprised if we're looking at the high $60K mark which is way out of my budget. But that's just pure speculation of my part. Depending on the result, I'll either wait till they're being discounted heavily or just keep my current ride.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by likwidfuzion

most peopple are not like us.. they dont wait weeks/months for a custom car. keep in mind who you are and who you're preaching to.. as this is a forum for enthusiasts and of course we'll do all the waiting in the world to get exactly what we want.. most consumers are willing to play around with what's available.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

I'm happy to be the one of the only ones in this big neighborhood with this car. I hope it stays that way a little longer.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
SeismicGuy

Sales figures??

Again--does anyone know of an actual website or resource that divulges monthly sales figures for makes and models?

Doug
Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Again--does anyone know of an actual website or resource that divulges monthly sales figures for makes and models?

Doug
Hi Doug,

Infiniti posts their monthly sales the 1st of every month at www.nissannews.com
Old 08-31-2007, 01:41 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Hi Doug,

Infiniti posts their monthly sales the 1st of every month at www.nissannews.com
Thanks, but I think the site I stumbled on a few years ago listed ALL manufacturers and models in one place. Too bad I cannot remember the name of the site and I have not been able to find such a site by googling.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Techuinang
Right now I feel the main factor is the price, especially in Canada. I'm gonna head up to the dealership this week-end and try to figure out how much they're selling the fully equiped version out the door. With our high taxes and all the stupid additional cost, I won't be suprised if we're looking at the high $60K mark which is way out of my budget.
No ... I doubt it'll be in the high C$60k mark for a G37. I was over at my local dealership and the cars here are very well equipped in the "base" form. Pretty much the main difference is sport model (6MT ... starting a shade over C$50k) or auto tranny (C$48 xxx). Freight is C$1750 (I think). Between those models, the options are either navigation (C$2700) +/- 4 wheel steering (C$1300). That's what I roughly remember those packages cost. Even if you add 14% Ontario / fed gov't taxes, it'll be low-to-mid C$60k. Too much, compared to the US model, definitely, but not into BMW 335 or Porsche territory ...

I want to see what the CarCostCanada price is to see what the invoice is on this car. I also want to see when VPP pricing is available since I will be able to take advantage of it!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:19 PM
verbal_assassin
Banned

Sales aren't impressive as the G35's. Looks like Infiniti saturated their market with the coupe and the only buyers are those who had a 35G, traded in the G35 or was thinking about getting the G35.

When the G35 1st came out, I saw one at least 2-3 times a day going to work. It's what a week or 2 now. I havn't seen 1 g37 on the road yet.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Ginxed

I finally went down to my local dealership last night and saw the new G in person. To make a long story short I walked away from the new car not feeling anything. It was the same feeling as if I saw a brand new Acura TL, new Maxima, Lexus or something of that nature. Was it fresh looking? Yes. Did the specs on the window sticker jump out at me? Maybe. Was this the one and only special car for me? Not really. When I walked away from that car and saw my 05 6mt parked not too far away from all the other cars it still made me smile like the first day I got it 26 month ago, still clean and muscular looking, still fresh and exciting. I am happy for the owners of the new G37 but I must say for now my G35 isn’t going anywhere

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Ginxed; 08-31-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:44 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal_assassin
Sales aren't impressive as the G35's. Looks like Infiniti saturated their market with the coupe and the only buyers are those who had a 35G, traded in the G35 or was thinking about getting the G35.

When the G35 1st came out, I saw one at least 2-3 times a day going to work. It's what a week or 2 now. I havn't seen 1 g37 on the road yet.
So in the first two weeks you saw 2 or 3 G35s per day ??? LOL

When the G35 first came out- from the time it was released until the time tha tI bought mine (roughly 8 months)- I personally saw a total of 4 in my city.
You can't gage sales by the number of cars that you see on the road.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal_assassin

LMAO dude! And you know the sales numbers after it's first week of introduction how exactly?? But then again, I am familiar with your posts, so your comments don't surprise me in the least.

Quick Reply: What's with these numbers?