Sponsored By:

Any compliments yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any compliments yet?

I've had my car for one day and have gotten like 4 or 5 compliments and questions from random people. I also enjoying seeing people's necks almost break staring at the car as I go by. I'm gonna enjoy this because it won't last long as more G37's come flowing in.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No compliments yet except from the neighbors. Lots of rubberneckers though.

Yesterday I got a thumbs up from an 07 sedan sport on the freeway though.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
jmunjr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new here, but my buddy just got one and I was thinking of getting one. The only thing is my buddy had already had two people ask if it was a Toyota!!

I don't about that, but I do know it really isn't the looker of a car the G35 Coupe was, but my interest in it has been for what lies under the sheet metal..

I could care less what other people think of my car. There are more important things in life, but then again, people like Paris Hilton are admired by teenagers these days...so it makes perfect sense.. Materialism is important to most.

Anyway, my buddy has an auto and I want the MT and will be test driving it this week. I hope it is a lot faster than the auto though..

Last edited by jmunjr; 08-27-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by jmunjr
I'm new here, but my buddy just got one and I was thinking of getting one. The only thing is my buddy had already had two people ask if it was a Toyota!!

I don't about that, but I do know it really isn't the looker of a car the G35 Coupe was, but my interest in it has been for what lies under the sheet metal..

I could care less what other people think of my car. There are more important things in life, but then again, people like Paris Hilton are admired by teenagers these days...so it makes perfect sense.. Materialism is important to most.

Anyway, my buddy has an auto and I want the MT and will be test driving it this week. I hope it is a lot faster than the auto though..

Man your screen name looks familiar... welcome to the forums. Is your buddy on this site?
MT and AT are going to be the same in performance.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
bostonmerlin

i've had quite a few cars slow down or speed up to get a look. many who stop next to me at a light rubberneck to check it out.. see what the badge says on the back etc.. i havent been out of the car anywhere for others to talk to me but it's almost time to get my first fill-up..

man do i LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Man your screen name looks familiar... welcome to the forums. Is your buddy on this site?
MT and AT are going to be the same in performance.
Kinda sounds like that jmunsey character that was banned.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Callaway
Kinda sounds like that jmunsey character that was banned.
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
WellBelowH2O

I've gotten a ton of people looking... and when I first drove it out of the dealership, I went about 2 miles or so to a traffic light and had some guy blow the horn next to me and give me a big thumbs up with this goofy grin on his face. I have to tell you...it'd be a great way for Infiniti to get some good response from people if they hired people to randomly drive around and do this to new owners
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
RoCkY86

you guys are so lucky to have you car already. I havent seen one on the road yet. But cant wait to get mine. Hopefully I will be the first in my area with one.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
When I test drove it- at the first intersection when I had to turn the corner- the turn was a wide sweeping turn. So I could see all of the drivers glaring at the car. The one I test drove was literally the first test drive in my area- they had just pulled the car out of the showroom where it was placed for the G37 reveal.
I drove through a neighborhood for part of the test drive and some folks were out in their yards and caught sight of it and kinda looked to see what it was I was driving.
The dealer let me take it home by-myself to show to my wife because I only lived 3 miles from the dealership. A friend of mine stopped by to drop off something for me and he got to see it and was very complementary of it. He said: "I bet this thing costs quite a bit more than your current car".
He mentioned that the front had "Lexus styling" (I guess that was a complement from him); he said the interior was "slick", and the car looked "kinda mean in a refined way".

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 08-27-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
RoCkY86

Thats funny when my aunt saw my G35 for first time she thought is was a lexus to.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 PM
vinnys coupe

my friend has an 2007 g35 sedan, and he alaways says it resembles the lexus IS class, but i never see it..
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Orbie

That's awesome to hear, I think in my neck of the woods most people think it looks very similar to the G35 so it's not a huge departure from what's already out there.

It's hard to determine if rubbernecking right now is because the car looks nice or because the car just came out. If in 2-3 years people are still looking at your car, then you know that people are admiring the looks of it. This is the current effect of the G35 Coupe which has been out for 5 years already. I still get compliments on the car now.

As for the other end of the spectrum, I had so many looks when I first test drove the Altima Coupe as well. I don't think it looks extremely good, but I think it's just different from what people are used to seeing as a brand new model and that's what drove the attention.

Personally with my G37 I don't want it attracting too much attention, while it can be good sometimes, it can also be a bad thing...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by Orbie
That's awesome to hear, I think in my neck of the woods most people think it looks very similar to the G35 so it's not a huge departure from what's already out there.

It's hard to determine if rubbernecking right now is because the car looks nice or because the car just came out. If in 2-3 years people are still looking at your car, then you know that people are admiring the looks of it. This is the current effect of the G35 Coupe which has been out for 5 years already. I still get compliments on the car now.

As for the other end of the spectrum, I had so many looks when I first test drove the Altima Coupe as well. I don't think it looks extremely good, but I think it's just different from what people are used to seeing as a brand new model and that's what drove the attention.

Personally with my G37 I don't want it attracting too much attention, while it can be good sometimes, it can also be a bad thing...
To much of attention could be a bad thing. I think once you put tint, rims, etc. on your car thats when it really stands out. But then cops want to be a pain in the rear because they think your some kind of racer or drugdealer Imo. But hey thats why you buy an expensive car.

Last edited by RoCkY86; 08-27-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
vbx
Banned

haha. I call BS. I test drove the G37 Sat afternoon, at Cerriotos Infiniti, drove to Cerritos Mall parking lot and not one person even looked at us. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 looks, but thats just because its a new car. No one gave us a thumbs up, to broke their necks.

I test drove a TL the same day and got the same looks. "Oh, he has a new car" look.

This car is UGLY in person as in the pics. Only test drove it to see if they fixed the clutch problem, but the dealership refuses to let me drive a 6mt. Saying that didn't have a Sample 6mt. Other then that, it drove, and felt just like the 07 sedan. I didn't feel that much "power"... Maybe the motor needs a little more breaking in.

Quick Reply: Any compliments yet?