Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any compliments yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM
N50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by go4gr8
Yeah..we went to an area where's there's limited to none 5-0's.
Nice, nice.

Off-topic: I stopped at a gas station near where I work (it is at the corner of a four way stop) about a week ago now. Coming down the road was a black lambo gallardo. I got out to begin pumping gas watching the Gallardo the whole way. He stopped at the four way, waited until he got everyone's attention at the gas station (which didn't take long, of course) , and waited until more cars arrived from all directions. Then....he NAILED it. I didn't realize just how loud the V10 actually is. Nice to have all of that power and AWD. Brings the GT-R to mind.

Back on topic....
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM
drh

My next door neighbor said her 4 year old son asked if my new G37 was THE BATMOBILE!!!! I guess in a round about way that is a compliment from a 4 year old.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Chosen37

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drh
My next door neighbor said her 4 year old son asked if my new G37 was THE BATMOBILE!!!! I guess in a round about way that is a compliment from a 4 year old.
funny you say that. I call it the batmoble sometimes too. It just reminds me of it. lol
Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
anotha

Originally Posted by Chosen37
funny you say that. I call it the batmoble sometimes too. It just reminds me of it. lol
haha same here
Old 09-29-2007, 08:41 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was coming home from the office yesterday and noticed (in the distance behind me) the purple tinge of HID's. I looked back at the road in front of me for a few seconds and then looked in the rear view again and *DAMN* it was a Bentley Continental GT and now it was right behind me.

This guy was flying through traffic. Anyways, he came up next to me and as we stopped for a traffic light I noticed he kept looking over at the car but in a way as to not draw attention to himself. Its funny when people are trying not to stare but you catch them anyways.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
KDub

Got another good one today. I was getting out of the G to get some food at a local restaurant when a guy from behind me said "That is a NIIICE ride". I turned around and saw the guy with his family getting out of his '07 M5.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should've asked to trade.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Got a thumbs up from a G35c driver when I went home from work on Friday.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Orbie

I don't really like to post in these types of threads since they seem sort of egotistical but oh well. I've had the car for 6 days now and I've had several run ins with compliments already. Most people tend to look at the car, but I think most of it is because the car is a new model and the market isn't saturated with them yet. The most memorable was a guy driving a modded latest gen Nissan Maxima, who stopped in the lane beside me with about 4-5 car lengths before him and the guy in front just to stop beside me and stare. I usually just mind my own business when driving but he was trying to get my attention by waving, then he finally opened his window and started yelling at me. He basically just said he LOVED the car, pretty enthusiastically then stayed pretty close to me looking at it while we drove off.

Someone mentioned love from a BMW owner, that must have been one in a million, because the only drivers who seem determined to give me angry stares and cut me off are BMW owners. Now I could understand a bit if it were an M5 or M3 or 335, but all I ever see are 320's, 323's, 330's 530's, X3's, X5's etc doing it. Now I like BMW's as well, but not sure what all the hate is about when I'm driving. Not like I'm driving around with my finger out the window flipping everyone off.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
N50

Originally Posted by Orbie
I don't really like to post in these types of threads since they seem sort of egotistical but oh well. I've had the car for 6 days now and I've had several run ins with compliments already. Most people tend to look at the car, but I think most of it is because the car is a new model and the market isn't saturated with them yet. The most memorable was a guy driving a modded latest gen Nissan Maxima, who stopped in the lane beside me with about 4-5 car lengths before him and the guy in front just to stop beside me and stare. I usually just mind my own business when driving but he was trying to get my attention by waving, then he finally opened his window and started yelling at me. He basically just said he LOVED the car, pretty enthusiastically then stayed pretty close to me looking at it while we drove off.

Someone mentioned love from a BMW owner, that must have been one in a million, because the only drivers who seem determined to give me angry stares and cut me off are BMW owners. Now I could understand a bit if it were an M5 or M3 or 335, but all I ever see are 320's, 323's, 330's 530's, X3's, X5's etc doing it. Now I like BMW's as well, but not sure what all the hate is about when I'm driving. Not like I'm driving around with my finger out the window flipping everyone off.
Maybe I'm imagining this but I feel the same way about BMW owners in this area. They don't cut me off or anything, but I do get some chilling stares, lol. I don't know why exactly. They should be very happy with their cars.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 AM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by Orbie
My impression from a brief period of lurking around a few BMW forums is that there is no bigger group of jerks anywhere. Not only do they hate anyone else and all other cars (they are the only true "enthusiasts") but they even spend quite a bit of time ripping each other. What an unhappy lot!

Doug
Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anotha
haha same here
Me too, especially when you look at it from the front 3/4's.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
EdmiesterC
Registered Member

Anyone remember those VW commercials, about less Ego Emissions than their german counter-parts? haha. That kinda reminds me of the situation here
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i was warmly welcomed at a 98% G35 meet... that was a great compliment. they all loved all over it too. i think it was the first time some of them had seen one up close and personal.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:48 PM
EJ2000

I took my car in to the only place I get my car washed at... In the waiting room they pull the cars up and dry them before waving you out there. Well, once they pulled my car in for the hand dry - this guy turns around on stares at the G. He waits a bit, and then he's like, "So, how do you like your acura?" I was like "uhh, well actually that's the G37 made by Infiniti." By that point, everyone in the waiting room was staring at my car and a couple people asked me more questions. After that, the first guy and the other lady just sat there repeating "gorgeous... gorgeous car". Then my car was ready so I left.

Quick Reply: Any compliments yet?