Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any compliments yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmunjr
There was a G37 outside a bar last night and a couple of my buddies didn't even notice it. I pointed it out to them and they, sorry to say, hated it. There was a G35 Coupe a few cars down and I pointed out how one succeeded the other and they both were surprised.

Anyway since there wasn't an "insult" thread I figure I'd share my experience(though I don't have one)..

Infiniti needs to make the G37 meaner looking next year imo.
In the primitive words of VBX, I call BS. The G37 resembles the G35 too much to be ugly. We're not talking night and day here.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
jmunjr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gt_performah
In the primitive words of VBX, I call BS. The G37 resembles the G35 too much to be ugly. We're not talking night and day here.
It is a true story albeit embellished. In any case, I guess the little things can make a difference in a car.

I think the G37 is a very neutral looking car with a great interior. I think the g35c looks tougher. I am sure a little effort can fix the G37 up though. It has lots of potential.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by jmunjr
There was a G37 outside a bar last night and a couple of my buddies didn't even notice it. I pointed it out to them and they, sorry to say, hated it. There was a G35 Coupe a few cars down and I pointed out how one succeeded the other and they both were surprised.

Anyway since there wasn't an "insult" thread I figure I'd share my experience(though I don't have one)..

Infiniti needs to make the G37 meaner looking next year imo.
Hate sounds like a pretty strong word to use with the G37. They may not have loved it but I'm sure they found it a lot more attractive than a Versa for example. The 37 and 35 aren't a whole lot different so if they were that surprised they can't be overly observant or knowledgeable about cars. That's obvious since you needed to point out a G35 and explain the G37 was the successor.

As well car styles don't change the next model year after a redesign so don't expect the G37 to get any "meaner" looking.

Last edited by RBull; 09-11-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:12 PM
MissLydia

I had a guy in a 35 follow me into a parking lot so he could look at my car last week. We talked for a few minutes. "TJ" wants to buy a 37 next year.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
bostonmerlin

pulled into the local stop-n-steal to grab a vita-water.......

... while in the store i sneak a peek out to my ride to see a guy staring it down as he walked towards his car... all the while he's checking it out while getting into his car, starting it up and leaving..

... while leaving the store heading back towards my car a guy walks past checking it out.. says.. looks like a fun car!. i say yep!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Comatose

Thats kinda freaky to have someone stalk ya into a parking lot. I bet you had one hand ready on a bottle of pepper spray

Originally Posted by MissLydia
I had a guy in a 35 follow me into a parking lot so he could look at my car last week. We talked for a few minutes. "TJ" wants to buy a 37 next year.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Chosen37

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well I just got pulled over today for the first time in 7 years. This happened about an hour ago(2:30a.m.). Anyways I see the flashing lights and knew the routine and pulled over to the side of the road. I rolled my window down and the first thing the officer said to me was "WOW nice car" he then asked me how fast I was going and all the usual cop stuff but then started talking about the car again."when did you buy it" "how much?" "i'm lookin to get one too" blah blah blah...he also asked me if it was ok to take a closer look at the interior. I said o.k. then he let me off with a warning. so all in all I think that was a great compliment. can't make this stuff up.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 AM
hankuknamza

^ wow what a story!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chosen37
Well I just got pulled over today for the first time in 7 years. This happened about an hour ago(2:30a.m.). Anyways I see the flashing lights and knew the routine and pulled over to the side of the road. I rolled my window down and the first thing the officer said to me was "WOW nice car" he then asked me how fast I was going and all the usual cop stuff but then started talking about the car again."when did you buy it" "how much?" "i'm lookin to get one too" blah blah blah...he also asked me if it was ok to take a closer look at the interior. I said o.k. then he let me off with a warning. so all in all I think that was a great compliment. can't make this stuff up.

Weel, how fast were you going?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that is the best compliment story yet.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Chosen37

I was doing 70 in a 55. or maybe he just wanted to take a closer look at it. Who knows lol
Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
N50

I was doing 70 in a 55. or maybe he just wanted to take a closer look at it. Who knows lol
You were definitely going 15 over...but it seems he used that more as an excuse to pull you over and check out the car. Hey if a cop wants to pull me over and check out my car, (so long as I'm not the target for narcotics check ) then sobeit. The warning (instead of a speeding ticket) was just the icing on the cake.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
RBull

Yeah, good story chosen37. That is definitely a compliment. Congrats on the new ride and the good luck you've had with it so far.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Chosen37

thanks alot guys. Told some people at work and we all had a laugh.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 AM
MaDd

hahaha that same thing happened to me a few years ago when i first got my G35.. somehow we got on the topic of talking about how the cop's old taurus needed a replacement

Quick Reply: Any compliments yet?