G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Are "orders" still being taken?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Nick-L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Are "orders" still being taken?

Are orders still being taken by dealers for the G37? I put a deposit on a G37 in May, and was told by the dealer I would get the "first one they received". Well, it's now the end of August, I see other dealers actually have inventory cars, and my dealer tells me he still doesn't have a VIN, build date, or delivery date.

Is this possible, or is something fishy? I'm beginning to suspect that either he told 20 people they were all "first" if they placed a deposit, or, my car actually came in and he sold it for above MSRP to someone else.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
you should have a VIN already and when it will arrive. speak w/ the manager or go call another dealer to see if they have the G37 coming soon
Old 08-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way back in May? Yea, da mayor is right, this sounds really fishy. You should buy somewhere else since this dealership does not look like it values your business.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:33 PM
WellBelowH2O

Wow... I put my money down August 1st and have already taken delivery (I was the first to take delivery from Holman Infiniti--have yet to see another on the road). Sounds like your dealer is clueless--my VIN was given to me a couple days after the order (I picked out of their allotment).

Call up the dealership and ask another sales guy if they've gotten any G37's in yet, and if so, how many have they sold. It'd be interesting to see what they say. If they have gotten them already, go talk to the manager at the dealership. See if you can leverage it into something off of MSRP.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They screwed up Nick. I bet you they up in a special order instead of ordering it as an allocation car. Since Infiniti is now allowing the dealers to choose what they want for their allocations to help eliminate cars that just sit on the lot they are putting less priority on special orders. Why worry about special orders when the dealer could do an allotment order? My order was suppose to be an allotment order but my dealership got their allotment a couple days ago and mine isn't there. I wrote about it in the buying leasing section. I am screwed now to because they definitely did a special order for me and my estimated delivery date is Oct. You might want to check with other dealers to see if you can get one or if they can trade for one. The G37 is not selling that well and a dealership told me that can get what I want from another dealer.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by bboysteele
They screwed up Nick. I bet you they up in a special order instead of ordering it as an allocation car. Since Infiniti is now allowing the dealers to choose what they want for their allocations to help eliminate cars that just sit on the lot they are putting less priority on special orders. Why worry about special orders when the dealer could do an allotment order? My order was suppose to be an allotment order but my dealership got their allotment a couple days ago and mine isn't there. I wrote about it in the buying leasing section. I am screwed now to because they definitely did a special order for me and my estimated delivery date is Oct. You might want to check with other dealers to see if you can get one or if they can trade for one. The G37 is not selling that well and a dealership told me that can get what I want from another dealer.
Well its to early to determine how the G37 will sell for the fact it hasnt even been selling for a week and the fact that infiniti wont update there site. The other reason is because the cars people have order has not came in yet makes a difference to. I know when I went to the dealer the other day they kept saying the model I want and color is going to take about two months. so they kept trying to sell me an auto with the color I didnt want and with no packages. So I must wait two months but its worth it in the end. I hope they dont sell to many to fast. I dont want to look around and see the same car all the time like the G35.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:36 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RoCkY86
Well its to early to determine how the G37 will sell for the fact it hasnt even been selling for a week and the fact that infiniti wont update there site. The other reason is because the cars people have order has not came in yet makes a difference to. I know when I went to the dealer the other day they kept saying the model I want and color is going to take about two months. so they kept trying to sell me an auto with the color I didnt want and with no packages. So I must wait two months but its worth it in the end. I hope they dont sell to many to fast. I dont want to look around and see the same car all the time like the G35.
True Rocky but I know dealerships messed up there allotment orders which is the reason I have to wait along with Nick. Infiniti did something smart this year and allowed dealerships to customize their allotment orders so they could get what they sell. Nothing worse then having cars with options you can't sell in your region. This was going to help stop those cars that just sit on the lot. This was in the Infiniti presentation to the dealers which is on this site. The problem is the dealerships that we deal with screwed up and didn't resubmit their orders that got deleted back in July/August. My dealership's allotment is not what they order but a list of 8 random G37 that Infiniti sent to them which they are going to have to try to sell or trade. Now we have to wait for special orders which are going to take much longer. If the order was suppose to be one of their allotment cars it should have been there when they got their allotment.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:48 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My salesman has finally called me again today and he said my car will be here within the next week, as he had said when I placed my deposit 3 weeks ago.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:39 PM
ajabbari

I'm not basing it on any sort of official stat... but just based on what I've been seeing around here, I don't think the G37 is selling that well. I think that Infiniti was going for a more mature demographic with this one, but they may have lost their younger core G coupe demographic. In southern california the vast majority of g coupe drivers appeared to be in their 20's or 30's, and I think it was this group that was mostly responsible for the previous G's brisk sales around here.

I recently had to spend half a day at Hoehn Infiniti in San Diego waiting for them to finish a wheel alignment (which was only supposed to take 2 hours) and from the waiting area you could see the G37 sitting on the lot. The whole morning there were maybe one or two people who actually noticed it and started looking at it (aside from me) and only one of them test drove. They were both above 50 and maybe even above 60.

Also on a side note, they had a platinum graphite sitting next to a diamond graphite g35. Personally, I'd have to say diamond graphite (though only subtly different) was a much cooler looking color than platinum graphite is (which is more brownish and dull looking when put side by side). With the G37 I think LP, IP, and OB (and probably even AB) would all look better on the car than PG.

Last edited by ajabbari; 08-26-2007 at 04:42 PM.