Sponsored By:

I'm Thinking of Ivory Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
vj518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man!

You Too!!

I have a feeling there will be some new pics of an IP up tomorrow afternoon some time! lol
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
IP is such a fantastic color, as you well know since you currently have one. I know that you want to try something different, but if you get a good deal on your G35 it might be hard to resist. I guess it all comes down to your willingness to wait for another color or grab IP now. I know for me, I LOVE IP!
I have to agree with you on this one.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 PM
O NO

Originally Posted by Callaway
I have an 04 with 25,000 miles on it. Came with prem, aero, no nav. Holman is offering $21K on it.
KBB $24K
Intelliprice $17-$21K
NADA $25K
Edmunds $23K

Holman's offer is not too far out of line, but I was hoping to get $23K for it. We shall see.
You're really not that far apart with the dealer if he has a solid offer to you for 21k and you are looking for 23k.

Keep in mind about the sales tax. If you trade in your car you only pay sales tax on the price of the new car minus what they are giving you for your trade.

Keeping the numbers real simple.
New car 40,000.00 - Trade Value 21,000.00 = 19,000.00

The 19k is what you pay sales tax on.

Don't know what the sales tax rate is where you are but just do the math. Now if you sell the car privately and it may take time and can be pia and you may not get the price you are looking for you pay the sales tax on the total sale price of the new car, 40k of whatever the tax rate is.

Based on your numbers you really aren't that far apart and all you need to do at delivery day is drive in with the old and drive out with the new. If this were me I'd do the trade but it's your denero bro, choose your poison.

Which ever way you do wind up going good luk.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I have an 04 with 25,000 miles on it. Came with prem, aero, no nav. Holman is offering $21K on it.
KBB $24K
Intelliprice $17-$21K
NADA $25K
Edmunds $23K

Holman's offer is not too far out of line, but I was hoping to get $23K for it. We shall see.
Callaway have you tried Carmax? I sold my 04 Coupe w/19,430 miles to Carmax this past Tues for $23,500. (Prem, no nav or aero, excellent condition inside & out) I wanted to sell privately for a couple g's more, but my husband said "stop being greedy". hehe He didn't feel like dealing with test drivers. ;-) Oh yeah, the dealer offered $21,500.
So that was a fair price in the end.

BTW... A very easy and pleasant experience with Carmax.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:05 AM
bostonmerlin

callaway i'd wait to get the exact car you're looking for. You may have to wait a month or so to get that color.. but the flipside is if your tired of IP you'll have to live with it for another few years!.

my first impression of your post was .. impulse buy! If you're on the fence i dont see the harm in getting IP again.. but go with the color you're leaning towards.. not the one thats in your face. We all know how tempting it is as instant gratification is hard to ignore. this is fast food nation after all!

good luck with your decision.. regardless of the color choice the car itself is a winner in my book! Its 7am in boston.. and i'm about to go down to my garage and fire my new ride up for the first time today! time to get a bagel.

..sorry for the tease.
john

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-25-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:07 AM
IP37

the dealer in gwinette has almost exactly what i want... the one they have is an auto and no no nav

i continue my search for an IP 6mt with stone interior, premium, nav, spoiler
Old 08-25-2007, 02:41 PM
vj518

Went to the dealership today and test drove a journey with AT. I didn't really get on it too hard but it felt fast enough for me (I have a Z). It's hard to tell with the AT because I'm so used to driving a stick. The car itself was very nice.

Compared to the Z
- More solid feeling
- Felt bigger and heavier, but not really in a bad way
- The interiors really don't compare at all, the interior and tech in the G37 is great!
- Couldn't really hear the engine/exhaust as much (good and bad I guess)

For those looking for a more sports car like coupe it may make you feel too disconnected. Still hard to tell for me since I only drove the auto. For me it was basically what I expected. A fast, sporty coupe, with a great interior and most up to date technology. I'm sure the 6sp also fixes that somewhat disconnected feeling that I got from the automatic.

I like the exterior as well. I see nothing feminine about the G37. It looks more aggressive than the G35 in pretty much every aspect. A very nice car overall.

Trade-in offer for my Z was $15k just like I expected. So I'm going to see if I can get the number up a little and the price of the car down a little to get me close to the number I wanted for the Z, which was around $17k. I'd also save about $1k on taxes if I do the trade in. So we'll see. I have a couple weeks to figure things out.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Purchased a BO Journey with Sport, Nav, Prem, Tech. The only thing missing was 4WAS which I did not want anyway. Once I saw that color in person, I knew that was the only color I wanted. The IP did not stand a chance! The dealership gave me an offer I found hard to refuse so I just went with it with absolutely no regrets.

Dealership was Infiniti of West Chester. They gave me $24,000 for my trade. Holman offered $21,000 and said they were stretching it. Believe it or not, another customer was working up a deal on my trade with another saleperson while I was still there. They offered $500 below MSRP and exactly what I wanted on my trade, plus a free clear bra (have to go back to get that). How could I refuse?

I had an hour drive back home and oh what a wonderful drive it was! Car is absolutely perfect. Pics coming soon!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
vj518

Wow congrats man!
Looks like I may have to give them a call then....lol.

My salesman didn't say he was stretching it with the 15k...but getting 3k more for you car is great!

Guess I'll have to call them and see what they have available...
Old 08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
O NO

Dun Deal ..... nice

Grats on the ride bro, finished drewling yet
Old 08-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Disasterpiece

Awesome dude, both the white and black are great looking, but black works really well on the 37!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:27 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by vj518
Went to the dealership today and test drove a journey with AT. I didn't really get on it too hard but it felt fast enough for me (I have a Z). It's hard to tell with the AT because I'm so used to driving a stick. The car itself was very nice.

Compared to the Z
- More solid feeling
- Felt bigger and heavier, but not really in a bad way
- The interiors really don't compare at all, the interior and tech in the G37 is great!
- Couldn't really hear the engine/exhaust as much (good and bad I guess)

For those looking for a more sports car like coupe it may make you feel too disconnected. Still hard to tell for me since I only drove the auto. For me it was basically what I expected. A fast, sporty coupe, with a great interior and most up to date technology. I'm sure the 6sp also fixes that somewhat disconnected feeling that I got from the automatic.

I like the exterior as well. I see nothing feminine about the G37. It looks more aggressive than the G35 in pretty much every aspect. A very nice car overall.

Trade-in offer for my Z was $15k just like I expected. So I'm going to see if I can get the number up a little and the price of the car down a little to get me close to the number I wanted for the Z, which was around $17k. I'd also save about $1k on taxes if I do the trade in. So we'll see. I have a couple weeks to figure things out.
Go test the 6MT. and watch the difference. U cant hear the engine or exhaust until you let the windows down or unless your standing outside. The exhaust is so sweet. Sounds like the G35 coupe but even meaner.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Techuinang

Damn, 3 colour changes? As long as you're happy with your final decision, congrats on the new car

So another OB on the road. It seems to be the prefered colour on this board.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
im trying to decide between an g37 or 335i..
I have also been considering both cars but, having owned a BMW in the past, this "contest" started out with a lot of negatives for the BMW. My personal experience (and those of friends and acquaintances who have also owned both BMW and Lexus or Infiniti) is that reliability and maintenance with BMW (and other German cars as well) can be a nightmare. Add to that the turbos that were added to the BMW and you are playing Russian Roulette--trouble waiting to happen. In fact the number of problems that they have been having with fuel pumps and overheating (lack of oil coiler until later builds) is embarrasing. Finally, there is the $6K to $8K differential in price between a similarly optioned G37 and 335i.

Doug

Last edited by SeismicGuy; 08-25-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Purchased a BO Journey with Sport, Nav, Prem, Tech. The only thing missing was 4WAS which I did not want anyway. Once I saw that color in person, I knew that was the only color I wanted. The IP did not stand a chance! The dealership gave me an offer I found hard to refuse so I just went with it with absolutely no regrets.

Dealership was Infiniti of West Chester. They gave me $24,000 for my trade. Holman offered $21,000 and said they were stretching it. Believe it or not, another customer was working up a deal on my trade with another saleperson while I was still there. They offered $500 below MSRP and exactly what I wanted on my trade, plus a free clear bra (have to go back to get that). How could I refuse?

I had an hour drive back home and oh what a wonderful drive it was! Car is absolutely perfect. Pics coming soon!
WOW CALLAWAY!! That is a WIN-WIN deal all the way around. Go on with your BAD SELF!

Quick Reply: I'm Thinking of Ivory Pearl?