Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Nick-L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?

After seeing the cars in person, what do you think about the standard chrome lip vs. the optional rear spoiler on the G37? I keep going back and forth... I originally ordered the car without the spoiler, then changed the order to include it, and now am looking at inventory cars without one.

I personally prefer the cleaner look without a stuck-on spoiler, had an '04 G35 without one and loved the clean look. But, I'm not sure about the standard chrome lip. I would much prefer simply a clean rear trunk lid in metal, but that's not an option.

What do you think?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 PM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by Nick-L
After seeing the cars in person, what do you think about the standard chrome lip vs. the optional rear spoiler on the G37? I keep going back and forth... I originally ordered the car without the spoiler, then changed the order to include it, and now am looking at inventory cars without one.

I personally prefer the cleaner look without a stuck-on spoiler, had an '04 G35 without one and loved the clean look. But, I'm not sure about the standard chrome lip. I would much prefer simply a clean rear trunk lid in metal, but that's not an option.

What do you think?
My car will have the spoiler, but I'm liking the chrome lip - very classy!

gurney
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was never a fan of off-colored body parts myself so I placed an order with rear spoiler. If I could get the front grill to be color-matched as well, I would do it.

Last edited by likwidfuzion; 08-24-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I would go with add on spoiler, not a fan of the bling bling spoiler.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
bostonmerlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took delivery today OB with no spoiler. The chrome accent looks awesome on black (cant speak about other colors). I could of easily bought the bat-wing but you wont ever find it on my car.. that chrome piece adds that extra something to the back that kicks it up a notch in the class department.

.... and thats my opinion and i'm stickin' to it!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 PM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
I took delivery today OB with no spoiler. The chrome accent looks awesome on black (cant speak about other colors). I could of easily bought the bat-wing but you wont ever find it on my car.. that chrome piece adds that extra something to the back that kicks it up a notch in the class department.

Beautiful car Merlin. I agree 100% about the chrome spoiler.

gurney
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick-L

What do you think?
I personally like both options. I think the chrome lips adds an element of class to the G, while the spoiler adds some sportiness to it. Both look great IMO, but I think the most important question is what do you think? Get what you think looks the best to you.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin

Definitely agree with you on this... I took delivery today w/out the spoiler (color is OB) and I love it! Congrats on your new car, BM!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
Definitely agree with you on this... I took delivery today w/out the spoiler (color is OB) and I love it! Congrats on your new car, BM!
u2 wbh! glad to be in the owners club! i just peeked into the garage.. AGAIN.. cant believe that beast is actually here.... have a fun day tommorow as i expect we'll both be doing the same thing!

it's good to be the king... for a day!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 AM
G35_Diva

Nick, I never really liked the spoilers on the older G's either. To me, they were tooo BIG. The previous spoilers stuck (or still does hehe) out past the trunk edges. I also preferred the clean look of no spoiler on the older G's. However, on the G37 I LOVE them both. You can't go wrong either way. For me, the spoiler now has the perfect sexy/sporty look I wanted before in the 04. I'm even having a hard time trying to decide which one.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Keep in mind that if your order the nav package... you must get either one spoiler or the other. According to a salesman that I talked to, if you just keep the chrome spoiler and get the nav package (that has the rear view camera), you wont be able to get the optional rear spoiler. I think both spoilers on the G37 are beautiful.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:14 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Keep in mind that if your order the nav package... you must get either one spoiler or the other. According to a salesman that I talked to, if you just keep the chrome spoiler and get the nav package (that has the rear view camera), you wont be able to get the optional rear spoiler. I think both spoilers on the G37 are beautiful.
sorry to hear your ride isnt expected till end of month.. but keep in mind.. the dealer said the very same thing to me (sep 30th) but it arrived a week earlier. so keep your chin up as it'll be here very soon.. and it's possible it'll be earlier than the EOM.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
SeismicGuy

I'm not sure I follow what you guys are talking about. Whenever I see a photo of the car (also saw in person), the spoiler that is on the back always has a chrome lip. Is there a different spoiler available and/or a different lip on the spoiler?

Doug
Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
nogoodname
Banned

i would go with the chrome lip spoiler, because it looks really nice and thats what i have.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i happen to think mine looks badass with the chrome lip... so did everyone who saw it for the first time last night.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?