G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
winnps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowrider, are there after market spoilers like that white sedan available for the coupe? How much would that be? I like that much better than either the chrome spoiler or the factory spoiler.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by winnps
lowrider, are there after market spoilers like that white sedan available for the coupe? How much would that be? I like that much better than either the chrome spoiler or the factory spoiler.
He painted it white himself i believe.
There are aftermarket solutions for the 2nd gen sedan that cover the chrome. Im sure there will be the same for the coupe.. and some other creative ideas
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Nick-L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the thoughts! I agree and also think that the car somehow looks better either with both spoiler and splash guards, or without both of them. I usually don't like the look of tacked-on spoilers, many of them seem to remind me of ricers with their ridiculous ironing-board sized tables on the back. But, I decided to go with both the spoiler and splash guards, mostly to cover up the chrome lip. Somehow, to me it looked like the chrome lip de-emphasized the lines of the rear, it made it look too soft (a friend of mine said the car looked like a weeble without the spoiler). So, I'm going with both spoiler and splash guards (in red).

I still would prefer the plain, clean look of a solid, all-body-color trunk lid without either spoiler or chrome goiter... If it ever happens in the future, maybe it will be possible to buy a trunk lid.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
lowrider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by winnps
Yep, this guy sanded down the chrome himself, and had it painted. IMO, it is a wonderful solution for those of use who like neither the chrome piece or the spoiler.

Lou
Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I want to do the same, except with the front grille since I already have the spoiler already.