Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:33 AM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
^^ ahhhh, how interesting. Gosh, can't decide.
I'm gonna stick with chrome, since that's what i have on my car comin in soon. Hope to do something aftermarket to cover it if i dont like the chrome.
The sedan got a few aftermarket options to cover the chrome, im sure the coupe will see some as well... also perhaps an overlay or some other creative solution is bound to arise.
I'd like to see someone have it molded to the trunk & painted
Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Nick-L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to a dealer yesterday and saw side by side a car with a spoiler, and one without. The bottom line for me is, I'm not orgasmic about either one. I would so much prefer a plain, clean, solid body color trunk lid like I had on my 04 G35. But, I love the car, the trunk lid is not enough to turn me off. At this point I'll take either one, and if I get the chrome lip, hope for some kind of aftermarket solution (I also thought about molding it in and painting it, but don't like the idea of messing with a new car that way).

Now all I have to do is figure out if my dealer is playing games with me.... (see my other post and question if you're interested).
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 PM
toolfanatic

Hey, BostonMerlin. My wife and I were at Kelly on the day you picked up your car. We like it so much we put a deposit on a 6MT black on black premium-nav. Congrats on the car and I'll post sometime in late DEC. early JAN. with pics of our car.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:43 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by toolfanatic
Hey, BostonMerlin. My wife and I were at Kelly on the day you picked up your car. We like it so much we put a deposit on a 6MT black on black premium-nav. Congrats on the car and I'll post sometime in late DEC. early JAN. with pics of our car.
AWESOME! did we meet? there were a dozen or so customers checking out my car at the time.. and i talked to a few of them. I'm loving every minute of it.. as a matter of fact i think it's time to get something at the store.. not sure what.. but i think we need something!

later
Old 08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
lol. and i just realized i need a haircut.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Juan-g35

IMO I have the factory wing on my 03 sedan. i like the sporty look of it. the 06+ coupes had a nice small spoiler, unlike that crap on the 03-05 coupes. The 37 looks classy with the chrome thing, but for the color scheme i'll be goin, that bling won't work. I've seen the chrome lip AND spoiler, eh. was my opinion. i'll stick with just the factory spoiler thats being optioned, unless i see something after market that catches my eye
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
toolfanatic

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
AWESOME! did we meet? there were a dozen or so customers checking out my car at the time.. and i talked to a few of them. I'm loving every minute of it.. as a matter of fact i think it's time to get something at the store.. not sure what.. but i think we need something!

later
Yeah, we talked for a bit. We had just finished a test drive in Boston and had come to Kelly to look at colors and so forth. My wife has a Jeep too and thought it was ironic. We'll be buying a set of winter tires and wheels from tire rack to ensure safe driving this winter. I did this with my BMW and have had no problems with winter driving at all. Anyway I'll be looking for your posts here and anxiously await delivery of the new car.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Juan-g35

bmerlin is too important in his own world to remember anyone he speaks with. lol j.k
small world actually.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Heat

The stock spoiler is a FACTORY INSTALLED Option meaning it cannot be dealer installed. At least for now. Things may change later. So either buy with or without. If you are thinking about adding an aftermarket spoiler, my suggestion would be to get the stock spoiler so that it will be prewired and you wont have that chrome lip in the way.

IMO, the chrome lip only looks good on OB or BS. But then I am biased considering I dislike any coupe w/o a spoiler. But the lip still keeps it sporty, but only on OB and BS
Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the chrome lip looks decent on IP as well. But I'm the all body-colored match kinda guy.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 AM
bostonmerlin

Yeah, we talked for a bit. We had just finished a test drive in Boston and had come to Kelly to look at colors and so forth. My wife has a Jeep too and thought it was ironic. We'll be buying a set of winter tires and wheels from tire rack to ensure safe driving this winter. I did this with my BMW and have had no problems with winter driving at all. Anyway I'll be looking for your posts here and anxiously await delivery of the new car.
I definately remember the both of you. it was an exciting day.. hard to remember anything at the time. Anyhoo... welcome to the forum and i/we expect pictures and impressions when you get that bad boy! FYI.. dont know when you expect that ride but end of sep there is a meet/drive through the back roads of new england event sep 30th and i plan to organize a G event around october.. just search the regional new england area. PM me if you have any questions!

john
Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
toolfanatic

We won't get the car until mid DEC-mid JAN. Which is kind of
crappy but, oh well! We decided to not get the spoiler too. The chrome lip lip adds a unique aspect to the car. Very sharp car, esp. in black. The anticipation continues to build!!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
bostonmerlin

We won't get the car until mid DEC-mid JAN. Which is kind of
crappy but, oh well! We decided to not get the spoiler too. The chrome lip lip adds a unique aspect to the car. Very sharp car, esp. in black. The anticipation continues to build!!
that's great.. you'll learn quite a bit about your future car by hanging out here.. so please stick around!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
lowrider

personally, I don't like either. I'm just not a spoiler guy. If I were to have one it would small like the M3 or 350Z. I do however, luv what this guy did to his sedan.

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 06-20-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
dmkozak

Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
Look at the difference between these two pictures:

With spoiler:

Without:

FWIW, I am thinking the splashguards go better with the spoiler. So, if I was going to go with the spoiler, I would also go with the splashguards. If I was not going with the spoiler, I would leave the splashguards off the car.

This thinking may complicate your thought process, but is something else to think about.

I had originally though I would order the spoiler, because, being an absolute kind of guy, I would have wanted the spoiler to get zero rear lift.

Now, in looking at delivered cars, I am kind of liking the cleaner look. Also, I would be ordering silver (liquid platinum for all the true Infiniti people), so the chrome would not be a contrast but kind of just a shinier part of the trunk lid.

I will now probably order without the spoiler and without the splashguards. Just a few more things to think about and one more opinion.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?