G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wonder if you were to remove the optional body colored spoiler from the car... would the chrome piece be sitting underneath?

anyone kno for sure?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Chrome for me. I'm picking it up Monday afternoon chrome and all.. Woo Hoo!!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:28 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I'm not sure I follow what you guys are talking about. Whenever I see a photo of the car (also saw in person), the spoiler that is on the back always has a chrome lip. Is there a different spoiler available and/or a different lip on the spoiler?

Doug
Look at the difference between these two pictures:

With spoiler:

Without:

Old 08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
^^^Can't go wrong with either one, they both look HOT!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Hehe. I'm so happy with the change that this forum has gone through. I remember before where almost everyone was like "OMG CHROME SPOILER IS FUGLY!" and such. Both spoilers are beautiful.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
Look at the difference between these two pictures:

With spoiler:

Without:

Ahh--I see said the blind man. I had thought that the chromed lip in the lower photo was being referred to as a spoiler. I am looking for an automatic but as sporty and jazzed up a possible. So if I get the Journey and add Sport and/or Premium package, does that automatically get me the spoiler or is that yet another add-on at additional cost?

Thanks,

Doug
Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

The color-matched spoiler is an add on.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Disasterpiece

I finally saw the car in person today and i actually liked the chrome spoiler better. I saw a Blue Slate Journey with the chrome spoiler and omg it was beutiful!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Like folks are saying can't go wrong either way on black. On any other color however I preferr it with the spoiler.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Hehe. I'm so happy with the change that this forum has gone through. I remember before where almost everyone was like "OMG CHROME SPOILER IS FUGLY!" and such. Both spoilers are beautiful.
Those comments came from the G35 haters, since we have our own forum now, there is a lot of new members here without a bias opinion.

As for the question, I prefer the chrome, but alas here in Canada, the coloured spoiler is part of the sport package so I won't have a choice. At least it looks better then the iron board on the G35.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 AM
SilkeG

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Keep in mind that if your order the nav package... you must get either one spoiler or the other. According to a salesman that I talked to, if you just keep the chrome spoiler and get the nav package (that has the rear view camera), you wont be able to get the optional rear spoiler. I think both spoilers on the G37 are beautiful.
You might be right, I just noticed that there are two types for the optional aero spoiler, they both look the same except for a small detail. I guess that if you ordered the aero spoiler without nav, it completely covers the chrome, so likely can be done later by dealer if you wanted. However, if you ordered both nav and the aero spoiler, that version has a hole where the rear view camera is so not so easy to add later.

Edit: Another thing is that if you order the aero spoiler, the third brake light is mounted on the spoiler itself rather than inside. This may be a consideration for those looking at aftermarket spoilers, you need a third brake light somewhere.

Last edited by SilkeG; 08-26-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by Nick-L
After seeing the cars in person, what do you think about the standard chrome lip vs. the optional rear spoiler on the G37? I keep going back and forth... I originally ordered the car without the spoiler, then changed the order to include it, and now am looking at inventory cars without one.

I personally prefer the cleaner look without a stuck-on spoiler, had an '04 G35 without one and loved the clean look. But, I'm not sure about the standard chrome lip. I would much prefer simply a clean rear trunk lid in metal, but that's not an option.

What do you think?
Get the spoiler, I think its a classier look than the chrome tipped tail on the car without it.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 AM
IP37

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
i wonder if you were to remove the optional body colored spoiler from the car... would the chrome piece be sitting underneath?

anyone kno for sure?
not for sure, but looking at the repair manual it looks like you remove the chrome spoiler to mount the other
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Ahujadaddy

^^ ahhhh, how interesting. Gosh, can't decide.
I'm gonna stick with chrome, since that's what i have on my car comin in soon. Hope to do something aftermarket to cover it if i dont like the chrome.
The sedan got a few aftermarket options to cover the chrome, im sure the coupe will see some as well... also perhaps an overlay or some other creative solution is bound to arise.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:14 AM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Nick,you haven't posted since you asked the question. Did you decide on which one yet??

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler - chrome or add-on?