Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IP/Graphite picking up tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
nsv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
lol. i'm pretty darned excited. i'm just worrying about my trade. i don't feel like getting screwed today.
Just from a financial stand point, don't let the dealer low ball you. No car is worth it. I have seen several dealerships around the Los Angeles county that have G37s parked on the lot, in other words, they didn't sell. It is a different story for each state, some dealers only order 3-4 cars per month and are able to sell right of the bat. The G37 is a beautiful car and well worth the money, but make sure that you squeeze every penny out of the trade. These dealers already make enough money by selling cars above the invoice. I also take into perspective that these state-of-the-art dealerships are expensive to maintain, but that's what business is all about, you nickel and dime your way. I would recommend waiting a couple of weeks to make the purchase, by that time all the hype should be dead. Purchasing a car takes patience, if you go with the trade tonight, they will trap you like a rabbit. I know it's hard to wait weeks because, you might not find the color, options, and model of your choice. This still shouldn't be a good reason to give away your hard earned money. Therefore, if you feel that this is the only option open, go in for the trade and best of luck.

Again, the G37 is a beautiful car.

Last edited by nsv; 08-23-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NSV that is sooooo fricken true. Dealerships love to get score the TRIFECTA....financing, trade-in & selling at MSRP. I'm trying to wait until the hype cools off. I want the best price possible.

Seriously, your game has to be tight when purchasing a car from a dealership or you will get screwed.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:05 PM
w2870612

Hello..NSV.....
I totally agreed with you. I went to Miller Infiniti (located in Van Nunys, CA) last weekend to check G37 coupe, and salesman was so cocky. The salesman told me there were couple G37s in the inventory, and the selling price's around $50,000............*(
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I know some that a dealership in SoCal is forcing people to get chrome wheels (factory wheels) with a G37 purchase. They're $3k. They're not allowing anyone to buy a G37 without getting the wheels also. So I guess that's one way that the dealerships are getting extra money.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 PM
nsv

Originally Posted by G35_Diva
NSV that is sooooo fricken true. Dealerships love to get score the TRIFECTA....financing, trade-in & selling at MSRP. I'm trying to wait until the hype cools off. I want the best price possible.

Seriously, your game has to be tight when purchasing a car from a dealership or you will get screwed.
Thank you for the kind words. If I were in your shoes, I would also wait for the hype to cool down.

Originally Posted by w2870612
Hello..NSV.....
I totally agreed with you. I went to Miller Infiniti (located in Van Nunys, CA) last weekend to check G37 coupe, and salesman was so cocky. The salesman told me there were couple G37s in the inventory, and the selling price's around $50,000............*(
Hello w2870612

Tell me about it, I live in Sherman Oaks and leased my 2006 G35 Coupe from Miller Infiniti. They tried to work the magic on me, but I went through a car broker and ended up with a good deal.

12-Month Lease
1,500 down
399 monthly after taxes

Last edited by nsv; 08-23-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nsv
Just from a financial stand point, don't let the dealer low ball you. No car is worth it. I have seen several dealerships around the Los Angeles county that have G37s parked on the lot, in other words, they didn't sell. It is a different story for each state, some dealers only order 3-4 cars per month and are able to sell right of the bat. The G37 is a beautiful car and well worth the money, but make sure that you squeeze every penny out of the trade. These dealers already make enough money by selling cars above the invoice. I also take into perspective that these state-of-the-art dealerships are expensive to maintain, but that's what business is all about, you nickel and dime your way. I would recommend waiting a couple of weeks to make the purchase, by that time all the hype should be dead. Purchasing a car takes patience, if you go with the trade tonight, they will trap you like a rabbit. I know it's hard to wait weeks because, you might not find the color, options, and model of your choice. This still shouldn't be a good reason to give away your hard earned money. Therefore, if you feel that this is the only option open, go in for the trade and best of luck.

Again, the G37 is a beautiful car.
NSV:

Great points. My dealer was $2,500 than anyone else on my 2005 TL, plus he "threw in" the wheel locks, trunk net, and splash guards.

gurney
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on your new g37s. Nice color choice i cant wait to c these pics. If im getting a g37 it will be IP on graphite. Wonderful color choice.

Still decideng what car i should choose. lol
Old 08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Juan-g35

can you imagine the scrooge mcduck paper the top togs of nissan are swimmin in? inf dealerships accross america are in overdrive getting these cars in and out the lots
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS AND A TOTAL WASTE OF CYBERSPACE WITHOUT PICS!!

Just playin', congrats in advance!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM
G2FAST
LEAN LIKE A CHOLO

j/k..........congrats!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well, won't have pics for a while.

they low balled the hell out of me with my trade. KBB shows 41XX-49XX fair and good respectively. they offered 2000 and didn't budge. i got a refund on my deposit and walked.

because i ordered TWO cars, i still have a couple of options/plays. i'll go to the other dealer tomorrow to have them appraise my car. if it's less than 4K, i'll go to Carmax and sell it for 4K.

sorry guys, this will have an 'ongoing' status for a couple of days.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

they low balled the hell out of me with my trade. KBB shows 41XX-49XX fair and good respectively. they offered 2000 and didn't budge. i got a refund on my deposit and walked.

because i ordered TWO cars, i still have a couple of options/plays. i'll go to the other dealer tomorrow to have them appraise my car. if it's less than 4K, i'll go to Carmax and sell it for 4K.

!!!!! I'm sorry to hear that, finagle69. I really hope you have better luck with the next dealership.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Techuinang

Good for you. Well I don't mean it that way, I'm sorry you didn't get your car, however, I'm happy you stood your ground. Way back then a dealer also lowballed my brother's trade-in (a BMW) when he purchased his IS300. He walked and not more then a day or two later, they called back and said they would give him more. Not saying it will happen in your case, but you never know.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:43 AM
w2870612

Originally Posted by nsv
Thank you for the kind words. If I were in your shoes, I would also wait for the hype to cool down.

Hello w2870612

Tell me about it, I live in Sherman Oaks and leased my 2006 G35 Coupe from Miller Infiniti. They tried to work the magic on me, but I went through a car broker and ended up with a good deal.

12-Month Lease
1,500 down
399 monthly after taxes
The salesman did not even explain the specification of G37 sport coupe to me, and he just told me the selling price's around $50,000. That salesman did not even offer me the test drive, and just asked me " how much down you wanna put?"..And then I told him i knew the G37 demand is high, so I am not going to pay the ridiculous price for G37... Basically, i just checked G37 coupe interior and pressed the start engine button to check the exhaust noise without driving this car. Be honest with you, if i am going to spend $50,000 for g37, Miller infiniti will not be my choice.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
FineAnalyst

Well yay for you soon I hope!
That is what I got too! I'm the 'supposedly' one of the only 5 6MT to come to NC and mine in IP is the first. YAY.... Again, without my spoiler and I get my chrome nub until the spoilers are stocked and ready to install.
>edited after reading< I need to wake up. hehe

Last edited by FineAnalyst; 08-24-2007 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: IP/Graphite picking up tonight!