Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tracking the G by State

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Wickedman3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benge
So, from my understanding, we have sightings in AZ, CA, NJ and MD. Does that sound about right so far? Now on day two of the G37 draft it lets see if we can follow the progress.

And what's up with Seattle and Riverside? Still no cars?
Theres been sightings of a blue G37 in Kirkland/Seattle.
I don't know if it was just a test drive or they sold it but I've seen one.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM
0to60

Yimbie my man...I'm hurting for ya. No one's been more faithful to this forum or helpful than you. It's gotta be killing ya.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
DG G35

I saw a truck load of them 2 weeks ago heading east on I-10 between El Paso, Texas and San Antonio, Texas. We have 1 in El Paso now.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:55 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Hey. Yeah I just came home from school, hehe. I don't usually get home until around this time. Riverside, CA still nothing.
Oh man, that sucks for you Yimbie... I know how anxious you are for the car! Hopefully it'll come in tomorrow... I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Hey. Yeah I just came home from school, hehe. I don't usually get home until around this time. Riverside, CA still nothing.
Dang your dealership is like the only one in so. cal. that hasn't got theres. My dealer in monrovia got theres yesterday and today I went to go test drive a 6MT. maybe they will get yours somtime later today.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by RoCkY86
Dang your dealership is like the only one in so. cal. that hasn't got theres. My dealer in monrovia got theres yesterday and today I went to go test drive a 6MT. maybe they will get yours somtime later today.
Riverside got a car this morning but my G37 wasn't on it. What luck. I don't know when it'll arrive now. That's even worse than waiting for the first shipment because now it could be tomorrow or a week from now. ><
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
F1BY1

From St Louis, they have arrived as well. At lunch today, I drove over to the nearby Infiniti/MegaPlex dealer (which carries all higher end brands, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes) and just stopped in to see if they had one to look at. Funny thing is, that as I pulled into the lot in my 2004 G35 Blk Sport Sedan, I see another guy getting out of the his exact car, heading toward....the new G37s in Platinum Graphite. The dealership had three, all auto's with sport, black, PG and Red, which had every option and the one they let me drive.

The other guy had been waiting since last winter as well for the new coupe to arrive, having test driven the exact same cars I did in cross-shopping, 335i & CLK 350. He did not have time to test drive, but I did.

I concur with the majority of the posts on initial driving experiences, though I had to drag the sales rep with me, and despite the fact I really want to test the 6spd, which won't be in until early Sept (supposedly a batch of 3-5 are due in).

The car has more pep and refinement than my '04 Sport Sedan, and despite a sport suspension and 19" tires, the ride was a great compromise between comfort and feedback, very BMW-like, though I did not run the car on some better roads to really test the handling. Will do that in Sept when the 6 spd arrives and will try to do a back-to-back test vs a 335i manual....though the BMW section had none in inventory, no surprise there! So I might have to compare/contrast to a 6 spd Sedan in a few weeks...ugh!

Looks inside and out are great, better than the pictures. Trunk is very small as is the rear compartment, but otherwise the 'driver's space' was very roomy and comfortable even for me at 6'1" tall. And of course the tech was fabulous!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wickedman3000
Theres been sightings of a blue G37 in Kirkland/Seattle.
I don't know if it was just a test drive or they sold it but I've seen one.

There was a Blue Slate in Tacoma (see my previous post and pictures Here. But it was jsut a Sample and not for sale at the time.

The good news is that I just got back from there (check in weekly) and they now have the following:

1 OB G37S with only the Premium Package
1 PG G37S with everything
1 AB G37 with basic options

When I drove in and saw the black one I thought "Woot! It's here!" - then noticed no passive CC hole in the grille.

Then found out mine won't be here until Sept 21st.

Anyway - Check for Seattle/Tacoma Area.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by Benge
So, from my understanding, we have sightings in AZ, CA, NJ and MD. Does that sound about right so far? Now on day two of the G37 draft it lets see if we can follow the progress.

And what's up with Seattle and Riverside? Still no cars?
I can report a sighting in Houston, Texas this afternoon around 7pm. I saw a great looking red G37 Sport/Prem/Tech/Nav/Spoiler from behind the wheel<G>. I got mine from West Houston Infiniti and was there first delivery. The interior on mine is Stone. I just say, much prefer the car if Red to Black which I drove a couple of weeks ago. This car is incredible, so smooth/refined yet fast. I got the first G35 couple delivered on Halloween of 2002 so this is a huge step up from that car for me. I am absolutely thrilled with the car even though I was not so from the black on black one I saw earlier.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
FineAnalyst

I want my IP one and I'm in N.C. They said by the 14th of september now at the latest. AND without my spoiler. I get the chrome nub. tis cute but still a nub. *taps foot*
Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
drh

Sorry for my French - but OMFG. Understand where I'm coming from - I've been driving Corollas and Suburbans for the last 20 years. I've been driving the G37 around the local twisties the last couple hours - OMFG. The car and I were one!!!!!! I have never driven a car this fun. I may need to get two. I haven't driven a stick in 25 years - this is a blast. I'm just overwhelmed by the fun of this car. I'm in a different world. I even got a bug splat on the front - can I claim the first bug splat in the forum? Now I need to spend the next week reading the manuals.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by drh
I decided to stop by (over lunch) West Houston Infinti to look at the G37 - the internet Salesman (Chris Reed) called me and said they had a few in. They actually had a 6MT, Amethyst Graphite fully loaded (except 4-wheel active steer) unsold - not anymore. I'm heading back to the dealereship with a check and should pick it up within the hour. The thing that surprised me the most - I saw absolutly no hint of purple in the exterior color.

I've been monitoring this forum for about a month. The discussions have been extremely helpful in helping me make a decision to purchase the G37 - so a big thank you to you all.

I believe they still have 4 unsold G37s and expect to get 3 - 5 more next week.
I just picked mine up today from West Houston Infiniti was well. I was over there from around 330 when mine rolled in on a truck. I took delivery this evening at 7pm. I thougt I understood I was the first delivery they have made although a few are papered and ready to delivery to others tomorrow. Mine is Red with stone interior, very cool looking in my view. Journey/Sport/Tech/Prem/Nav/Spoiler. I love this car, it is incredible looking and I just got in from driving it a few hours. Came out of my G35 coupe and this is a major step up in luxury and ride and looks in red to me. Truly awesome looking and so refined and runs like a banshe.(spelling?)
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by drh
Sorry for my French - but OMFG. Understand where I'm coming from - I've been driving Corollas and Suburbans for the last 20 years. I've been driving the G37 around the local twisties the last couple hours - OMFG. The car and I were one!!!!!! I have never driven a car this fun. I may need to get two. I haven't driven a stick in 25 years - this is a blast. I'm just overwhelmed by the fun of this car. I'm in a different world. I even got a bug splat on the front - can I claim the first bug splat in the forum? Now I need to spend the next week reading the manuals.
I think I may have tied you for first blug splat<G>. Got mine around desk out near Fulshear while passing a car on the two lane out there. I agree with your feelings about this car completely. Awesome..... refined/fast/great handling and kick *** good looks. I told them to put my name on the list for the Convertible when it comes in 1-2 years from now. <G> I was serious but dont think they have a list yet<G>
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
drh

I drove off the lot at West Houston Infinti at 5:45 PM (Aug 23). We must have passed each other.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by drh
I drove off the lot at West Houston Infinti at 5:45 PM (Aug 23). We must have passed each other.
Well you beat me then, I went home around 5pm while they were making mine ready. Did the paper work at 4pm and took delivery around 7pm. Man this car is awesome..

Quick Reply: Tracking the G by State