Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Great Salesman at Jim Coleman Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Initial G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Salesman at Jim Coleman Infiniti

I just wanted to give my salesman a little bit of a shout-out. I originally ordered from Infiniti of Manhasset in New York. My salesman was harder to find than Jack Bauer. Needless to say, my car was still set to come in at the end of August. After being totally disillusioned by the service at this dealership, I felt that I didn't have a choice. If I wanted a car just the way I ordered it, I had to wait and cope.

After the demo G37s began to arrive at showrooms, I decided to find the closest Infiniti dealership to the DC Metro Area. (background info: I was born and raised in NY and my parents still live there, I thought the ride home would have been a fun one. For now, I live in the Adams Morgan area of DC).

I recently had my wisdom tooth extracted, and was in the process of being driven home by my gf from the oral surgeon. I was all hopped up on nitrous oxide and had all these idea floating around in my head. Then it occurred to me, I haven't seen the G37 since the NYIAS and I still had the rest of the day off. We detoured to the closest Infiniti dealership, and thanks to iphone maps, we got there fairly quickly. I walked in and was looking at the G37. I cannot honestly say whether the smile that came across my face was from the NOS or the car.

It was a beautiful Blue Slate on black Journey with the Sport package. I sat in the car for the first time I realized that I made a wonderful choice back when I placed my deposit in Mar/Apr. I was wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts and I supposed I looked a bit disheveled just coming out of a surgery, but no one really asked me for help. I got out and popped the hood when a salesman walked up to me and just started making conversation. No sales pitch, no hounding, you get the picture. I mentioned that I was waiting for mine to come in NY, but my salesman was houdini-like. He asked me, "if he could get the car I ordered, would I consider doing business there?" My response, "well, that depends on when you can get it." Honestly, I had no type of loyalty to my current salesman because that experience was turning out to be a complete mess. He comes back with a smile on his face and says we have one that is coming in that is not spoken for. He told me he would photocopy my card and not run it until the vehicle physically got there. This meant that I could have kept my deposit in both places and just waited to see which came in first. I jumped at this opportunity. However, by the time I got home, I called Infiniti of Manhasset to have my deposit refunded. However, I couldn't reach my salesman AGAIN. So, I just called my credit card company and retro-disputed the claim. Four days later, I received a letter in the mail from my salesman at Jim Coleman thanking me for my business and it was catered to me. A couple of inside jokes were sprinkled throughout the letter.

I received a call from him yesterday morning tell me that my car was due any day and not September 7th. After several phone calls, I have not found a buyer for my car (TT roadster), so I had to go out an get it appraised. After a few hours at CARMAX, I showed up at Jim Coleman to have the car appraised. This time, I had my gf and my dog with me. We stood outside because I assumed that no dogs were allowed in. My salesman noticed me while he was with another client, ran out and hugged me. I was a little shocked, yet I appreciated the approach he used and not the sleaze ball attitude many car salesmen employ. Remember, WE are spending 40 plus on a car, not them. They earn their paychecks from us. He then invited us in the showroom. I said, I cannot guarantee that my dog will not chose his plant of choice and make it his own. He said, "hopefully he does." He did not remember my gf's name perfectly so he promised he would get her a nice infiniti gift when I receive the car. I have his cell phone number and he always tells me to call him no matter what time, if I have any questions.

My salesman's name is Jamey Saturn. I apologize for the long post, but I have been telling myself that I needed to write this. He works out of Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda and I would highly recommend him to work with. I ordered the Black/Stone 6MT with my GF, and my Welsh terrier. They have some that are not spoken for that should be in anyday. If you have been on the fence, and live in the area...go to Jamey.

*Note - for people who are purchasing the vehicle, they have a great FREE drivetrain program for all new infiniti's. It is worth a look. Sorry for the long post again.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats! Post pics when you get that baby!
Unlike you, living on an island, we only have one Nissan/Infiniti dealer. So you just gotta suck it up, bend over and let the salesmen rape you!. Similar car + options you ordered would be about 47K here.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
bloodhound

cool...he's in dc though and im in ny, sounds like a nice guy
still gonna wait till the car price is negiotiable.....
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good story, and props to Jamey Saturn for being a great salesman. I honestly don't know how salespeople expect to do well when they treat their customers like crap. It really baffles me.

I am glad you are getting your G earlier than expected and had a great experience in the process.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Disasterpiece

Wow, sounds like a awesome sales expierience! Also, congrads on the G! Cant wait to see pics!