Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37 on Edmunds.com - Price w/Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
jnmunsey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How sad you are forced to get a sunroof in order to get the studio on wheels, iPod interface, seat memory, and more.. Pretty absurd if you ask me.. If I am going to spend $40K+ on a car I want it my way...

But then again why am I here? I already test drove it and don't like it.. I do like the 2nd gen G35 though...
Old 08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
nemoid

what's the difference between MSRP and invoice?

(stupid question?)
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Originally Posted by nemoid
what's the difference between MSRP and invoice?

(stupid question?)
i think invoice is what the dealer pays and then MSRP is the suggested price to sell it at
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by jnmunsey
How sad you are forced to get a sunroof in order to get the studio on wheels, iPod interface, seat memory, and more.. Pretty absurd if you ask me.. If I am going to spend $40K+ on a car I want it my way...

But then again why am I here? I already test drove it and don't like it.. I do like the 2nd gen G35 though...
Not sure why you're here, but it's not like this forum is only reserved for people who like the car. Just not sure why you would want to spend time talking about something you hate...

That is a bit absurd, but then again you must also think it's pretty absurd on the 2nd Gen G35 as well then right? since it's the same. There is a video out there with the Infiniti Reps talking about how they designed the G37 packages around what was popular on the 2nd Gen G35 sedan. This is why the backup camera, a high demand option, is under the Navigation package on the G37, because on the sedan the Nav package was alot more popular than the tech package.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by Orbie
Not sure why you're here, but it's not like this forum is only reserved for people who like the car. Just not sure why you would want to spend time talking about something you hate...

That is a bit absurd, but then again you must also think it's pretty absurd on the 2nd Gen G35 as well then right? since it's the same. There is a video out there with the Infiniti Reps talking about how they designed the G37 packages around what was popular on the 2nd Gen G35 sedan. This is why the backup camera, a high demand option, is under the Navigation package on the G37, because on the sedan the Nav package was alot more popular than the tech package.
Well said, Orbie.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:47 PM
nemoid

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
i think invoice is what the dealer pays and then MSRP is the suggested price to sell it at
yeah... for those who were wondering:

The MSRP is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. The maker of the automobile suggests this price. For automobiles, the MSRP is required to be listed on the sticker of the new car. If you have shopped for a new vehicle, you may have seen these stickers, as the dealership is required to place them clearly on the side window. This sticker is called the Monroney sticker. On the Monroney sticker, you should be able to see the base price, standard options; factory added options (prices for each of these) as well as the MSRP. The MSRP can be found on many different websites. Most car manufactures’ will have the MSRP listed on their websites.

The invoice price of a car is the standard price the car manufacturer invoices a dealership for a vehicle. This is not necessarily the actual price the dealership paid for the vehicle, as there are rebates and volume discounts that some dealerships qualify for, which lower the cost the dealer actually paid for the car. This price should include delivery and destination charges. Also, factory installed options will cause the invoice price to increase.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I wonder how much under MSRP, if any, I will be able to get with the G37... I'm putting my money on that my parents will have to deal with the $45k though.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
nemoid

Originally Posted by Yimbie
I wonder how much under MSRP, if any, I will be able to get with the G37... I'm putting my money on that my parents will have to deal with the $45k though.
Must be nice to have rich parents to spoil you.

Hopefully you wont drive like an ungrateful **** and crash it and expect a new one.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:41 PM
kxnkxnkxn

are we supposed to check both the premium AND moonroof in this? or just premium if it is supposed to come with moonroof... 3200+1000 or just 3200?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kxnkxnkxn
are we supposed to check both the premium AND moonroof in this? or just premium if it is supposed to come with moonroof... 3200+1000 or just 3200?
Just the $3200.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
volnedan

ok seriously you guys, when you click the info link next to the options, it lists what is included with each package. Its not that hard.

Premium package INCLUDES moonroof, but if you choose not to get premium, then you can get the moonroof as a stand alone option. Capiche?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 AM
GoofyG

Originally Posted by Orbie
There is a video out there with the Infiniti Reps talking about how they designed the G37 packages around what was popular on the 2nd Gen G35 sedan. This is why the backup camera, a high demand option, is under the Navigation package on the G37, because on the sedan the Nav package was alot more popular than the tech package.

I actually think this was a very classy move. on alot of cars you need to buy a package just get the one or two things you want, and they put the good stuff in multiple packages. I need the rear view camera, and would have bought the tech package (and probably enjoyed the adaptive headlights), but now I don't have too. I do agree that if I could I'd get the premium without the moonroof I would, so I could have the extra room, but all in all, no big deal.