G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: What are your new car buying plans?
I own a G35, and I'll be getting a G37
12.50%
I own a G35, but am happy with it for now (at least a year)
44.59%
I own a G35, and will be buying a different car
10.47%
I own another car, and will be getting a G37
19.59%
I own another car, and I'm happy with it for now
2.36%
I own another car, and will soon be buying yet another non-G
1.35%
I don't really fit any of these options, but I'm a poll-whore who always has to vote.
9.12%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

hate it, like it, love it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 PM
eminem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I am not following your logic whatsoever. The category of the poll that you are referring to that currently has 117 votes is "I own a G35, but am happy with it for now (at least a year)" Just because someone is currently happy with their G35C doesn't automatically mean they don't like the G37. People might be happy with their G35 for a multitude of reasons. Where in the world do you make the correlation that members automatically dislike G37?
Well the title of the thread is hate it, like it, love it... yet the poll doesn't have hate it, like it or love it... so i mix and match what the poll says to what the title says...

If the poll says "I own a G35 and happy with it for now" then it means the G35 owners don't like the G37 enough to trade in their G35, thus i came to the conclusions that almost everyone in this poll do not like the G37.

As a matter of fact, i went to the August 16 G37 Launch Event to see if the G37 is hot enough to make me want to trade in my G35 (already paid off). But it didn't impress me enough.

Last edited by eminem; 08-17-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
eminem

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
so let me figure this out.. your posting on a forum about a car you hate.. dont own and dont want to own. Very sad.... though. you did get your 10 seconds of fame.... recess is over.. time to go back to school junior lets let the grown-ups talk now.
I'm not posting in a forum, i'm posting in a thread that asks people if they like, love or hate the G37. So i believe i have the right to be in this thread.

Why is it sad that i dont like the G37 and talk about it here? I know you like the G37, good for you. I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. I was just stating my opinion of the poll.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eminem
If the poll says "I own a G35 and happy with it for now" then it means the G35 owners don't like the G37 enough to trade in their G35, thus i came to the conclusions that almost everyone in this poll do not like the G37.
That's a huge leap to draw that conclusion. Like I said, just because someone is happy with their G35 and plans on keeping it, it by no means they don't like the G37. I voted for that same choice, since I have a G35 and am happy with it. Does that mean I don't like the G37? Nope, I think it looks fantastic.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:17 AM
onefastdoc

I have an '04 G35 Coupe 6 spd with Brembos and I will be buying another car but not the G37. My prior cars include a Supra Turbo, 300ZXTT Stage 4, and a 350Z Track w/ lots of mods. These were all pretty sporty and unique looking cars, and in the case of the G35, one of the best looking cars in a while. To me , the G37 has gotten too big, too heavy, and too amorphous looking. My wife pointed out that it looked like the new Altima coupe, and I must say there are some similarities there. The only new car I could see getting is the 335i, a decision based entirely on the engine, though many reviews have also commented on how well it handles. The biggest thing that attracts me is the twin turbo engine. If any of you have perused the E92 335 forums, you'd see that the addition of a $1000 Procede chip results in an additional 55-60hp to the 335's existing 320-330hp (we all know the advertised 300hp is very conservative). From a roll, these Procede chipped 335's are faster than a new 997 Carrera S. Having owned 400+hp turbo cars in the past, I'm drooling at the chance to have another. If I were buying a used car, it would be an E46 M3 or a Porsche 996 C4S. A used Cayman S would be great too but I just don't like the way they look and I need some small rear seats. I went to Infiniti of Santa Monica today and spend some time with the G37 today and it was a very nice car, but just felt more like a heavier luxury car than a tossable sports car. It was nowhere near as fun to drive as the $45,000 used 2005 M3 that I drove. That was exhilarating. I will say that it looks better in person, for the most part, but the rear end is still a disaster. I can't blame Infiniti. It's pretty hard to improve on the great looking G35. When I saw the G35 in 2004 I knew I had to have one ASAP. The new G37 just doesn't make me feel that way. Sorry Infiniti.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
G37

I love the G37 and got lucky that I got this user name. lol
I also need to upgrade from a sedan to a coupe and 330 horses.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You couldn't tell Yimbie was being sarcastic?

In my opinion, the G35 looks even less similar to the Altima Coupe than the G37 does. God, some of you sound paranoid

Who cares about the little similarities? I know I don't

I'm sure all of this fuzz will go away after both cars are seen more regularly in the streets. I just can't imagine anyone confusing them after seeing both in person. The qualities and style of both cars are so different.

Some times sacasim is hard to read.

I agree, any one that would come to me and mistook the 37 or 35 for a altima is not a car guy and i definatly would not care what they think.
However as for the similarities that is what makes a car manufactuer. It makes you look at a car and know the make but not the model. And imo the 08 altima is a good looking car and for the oney it is awsome. Not everyone can afford a G37 i am lucky enough too but if I was lower on the pay scale i would get an altima and be very proud of it. JMO
Old 09-03-2007, 09:30 PM
shumby

Originally Posted by eminem
You are the idiot. The purpose of having a poll is so that people can come to a generalization. The poll consists of 7 categories, 1 category has 110 votes while remaining 6 categories average around 19 vote each. If you compare 110 (people who stay with the G35) vs 19 (people in any other category), don't you think it is reasonable to say that almost everyone in this poll do not like the G37.

Dont be calling people idiots when you are the idiot.

No not really. How long has the 37 been out compaired to the 35?. Oh thats right hardly any time at all. so people that are staying withthe 35 might not be because they hate the 37 but that they like what they have. Why do we need to call names? I know stats quite well as I deal with them every day with my job. The poll is for fun and the site is for fun Chill out have a beer and drive whatever car you have to its full potential and have fun
Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 PM
shumby

Originally Posted by vj518
Everyone here cracks me up!

I'm a Z owner and of course I thought it was the greatest car when I got it as well. But as Gchick35 put it, your opinion will change in time. I have plenty of rattles, a lot of wind noise, and the interior is subpar. Not to mention the paint easily chips. Despite those things I still love driving it and it still looks great, but perfect? Not even close.

As for the G37, I think its a very nice car...and it is actually very similar to the G35 in a lot of ways, especially some of the exterior lines. And since its so similar with a little performance increase, why get the new one when you have an (almost) paid off G?? There are so many reasons not to get a new G37 if you already have a G35; financial situation (up or down), mods, family, etc....who really cares!?!? Does that mean the car is a failure? No...

And for all of you that say you aren't as excited as when you got your G35, theres an obvious reason. There was nothing like the G35 out when it or the Z came out (especially in that price range). It was basically the resurrection of the Japanese sports car/coupe. I couldn't wait to get my Z, just like some of the new (young) drivers here. If I do get a new car it will be a G37...is it exciting, ya, but not like when I got my Z. It's always somewhat exciting to get something new that you enjoy anyway.

And yes the Altima and G37 have similar profiles...Identical, no...but they are similar enough where the general population may not be able to tell the difference. I just find it funny how people come out full force against or for a car. It's always entertaining to read posts here...lol. Nothing is perfect and to you that do or don't like it, hey, thats your opinion...

pros: Refreshened exterior, new engine, interior, tech features
cons: not the concept, heavy, not as fast as expected and can't beat a 335i

The G37 is still my first choice. The BMW is just plain looking inside and out, despite its great performace. The IS350 doesn't come in manual. A5 and TT are overpriced and their performance is subpar.

Obviously this is all my opinion...but if I do get a new car I will upgrade from my Z to a G37 because of the nicer interior, solid performance, and imo it looks good despite everything.

Ok I'm done ranting...just had to put my .02 in

Anyway, for whatever you guys get (or keep) Good Luck!

You hit the nail on the head i wish you lived near by i'd buy ya a beer.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
F1BY1

Originally Posted by onefastdoc
I have an '04 G35 Coupe 6 spd with Brembos and I will be buying another car but not the G37. My prior cars include a Supra Turbo, 300ZXTT Stage 4, and a 350Z Track w/ lots of mods. These were all pretty sporty and unique looking cars, and in the case of the G35, one of the best looking cars in a while. To me , the G37 has gotten too big, too heavy, and too amorphous looking. My wife pointed out that it looked like the new Altima coupe, and I must say there are some similarities there. The only new car I could see getting is the 335i, a decision based entirely on the engine, though many reviews have also commented on how well it handles. The biggest thing that attracts me is the twin turbo engine. If any of you have perused the E92 335 forums, you'd see that the addition of a $1000 Procede chip results in an additional 55-60hp to the 335's existing 320-330hp (we all know the advertised 300hp is very conservative). From a roll, these Procede chipped 335's are faster than a new 997 Carrera S. Having owned 400+hp turbo cars in the past, I'm drooling at the chance to have another. If I were buying a used car, it would be an E46 M3 or a Porsche 996 C4S. A used Cayman S would be great too but I just don't like the way they look and I need some small rear seats. I went to Infiniti of Santa Monica today and spend some time with the G37 today and it was a very nice car, but just felt more like a heavier luxury car than a tossable sports car. It was nowhere near as fun to drive as the $45,000 used 2005 M3 that I drove. That was exhilarating. I will say that it looks better in person, for the most part, but the rear end is still a disaster. I can't blame Infiniti. It's pretty hard to improve on the great looking G35. When I saw the G35 in 2004 I knew I had to have one ASAP. The new G37 just doesn't make me feel that way. Sorry Infiniti.
I am tending to agree. I was knocked out by the 2003/2004 G35s when they were released years ago. But the competition has really raised the bar since then. My '04 G35 Sport is now sold (the trade in value Infiniti was going to give me was really low) and I am down to the G37s with 6sp or the 335i Coupe w/6sp. I test drove the Bimmer when it came out last fall, and was blown away. But that was about a year ago (memory is fleeting), so I want to do back-to-back tests of the two great coupes before I part with the better part of $50 grand! I will post the experience, assuming I can find a 6sp 335i Cpe to test drive on a dealer's lot.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Chosen37

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I drive a 97 Honda Accord. Picking up a 6mt black on black with evrything except the 4was tomorrow. Can't wait! But I'm still keeping the Accord though. Can't part away with that car. It feels like its part of my family.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Memphoman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trading my 07 as soon as I can find a dealer that I can deal with...